“Could get a 4 or 5 star review with just some small improvements” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Candlewood Suites - Oklahoma City

Candlewood Suites - Oklahoma City
Ranked #76 of 147 Hotels in Oklahoma City
Memphis Area
“Could get a 4 or 5 star review with just some small improvements”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2011

I stayed here one night for business and enjoyed my stay here. This was the first time I had stayed at a Candlewood property and enjoyed learning that it was geared to extended stay business travelers on a budget. Basically, the room is like a studio apartment with a full kitchen (dishwasher, full size fridge, hot plate) and you get maid service once a week. Decor was a bit dated but was fine for me.

The main issue I had was the internet speed. Although it is technically a high speed connection (not dial-up) it operated at sub-dial-up speeds for me. It was basically unusable as far as I was concerned. I mentioned this to the front desk and was told (I paraphrase): "if you think it is bad now, you should have seen it a couple of months ago before we upgraded". They need to upgrade again. For a business traveler, internet access is mandatory and this internet service is just not good enough for that purpose.

The second issue was the cleanliness of the linens. I am FAR from picky when it comes to hotel rooms but this was the first time I ever slept on top of the covers and basically in my clothes because the linens just didn't look clean to me. This could have been an isolated incident in that regard.

Those with a sensitive sniffer may also be put off by the smell of sanitizer/cleaner that was fairly detectable.

They do have some nice amenities and the honor system pantry downstairs is pretty awesome. They also have hundreds of DVDs you can borrow for free to watch in your room which would be good for those on long stays. The staff was fine and accommodating even with the internet comment above. (at least he was honest and I appreciate that)

Overall, I would actually stay here again especially if they upgraded their internet access to be usable.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Nighttwo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
O'Fallon, IL
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2011

Everything was fine about our suite except that the air conditioning situation was very inadequate for the heat wave we were having in summer 2011. The air conditioner was turned up so high that our daughter in the sleeper sofa was freezing, and my husband and I were so hot we were unable to sleep at all. We often use Candlewood with satisfaction, but the method of cooling the suite is simply inadequate for very hot times.

The room was clean. We had an accessible room and I especially liked the size of the bathroom. No problems with my wheelchair.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Minneapolis
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2011

I stayed at the Candlewood Suties on floor 3 on August 2, 2011. It did provide free shuttle from the airport. The non-smoking room had an ash tray in it and smelled of smoke. They do not offer any complimentary breakfast, but did have pantry in the lobby that sells an assortment of gas station type food products. The phone on the desk, along with the wired ethernet did not work. The wireless worked just fine and provided speeds of 35ms ping, .48mbps download and .65 upload, so not the greatest. The phone next to the bed did work though. The bathtub is in ruins and needs to be recaulked, but provides a curved shower rod and clean curtain.

The business center that I noted was an old e machine in the corner of the lobby. It worked fine, but could use an update. They do provide a 25 inch tube tv with a dvd/vcr player. Behind the front desk they have DVD's that you can check out at no cost I believe.

To leave on a positive, the front desk person was very nice and helpful.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2011

THis was one of the better Candlewood that I have stayed at in a while. The staff is great and it was clean and smelled excellent. I enjoyed my self, it was a great piece of mind

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank justwant
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2011

Rooms have fridge stove and microwave which is very convenient. Staff is friendly, this is nothing fancy but very good for the price.

• Stayed July 2011
1 Thank Nvanbeuge
Germantown, Tennessee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2011

Stayed just one night but had a good stay. Close to the airport and restaurants. Rooms were ok and clean. Kitchen had standard stuff. The staff was very helpful and they even have new movies you can borrow for free. The room had a dvd/vcr combo and a good selection of channels. Overall an average hotel but not bad.

• Stayed March 2011
1 Thank nickel1612
Texass, Texas, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2010

My husband, toddler and I stayed at Candlewood Suites for Thanksgiving. The place was great! It was all updated, smelled fresh, clean and roomy. We never heard people walking up and down the hall and no noise from rooms on either side of us. They had a good selection of TV channels. The kitchen was clean and stocked. Nice executive desk to spread all your stuff out on. The only things that I didn't like is the bedroom wasn't big enough for a pack n play. So when it was time to go to bed, we had to put him in the living room and we had to go to the bedroom. There is no double access doors to the bathroom from the bedroom and the living room. So we had to open the bedroom door, go through the living room just to use the bathroom. The heater is loud so it woke our son up every time it kicked on. You had to control it from the unit and not from the wall device they had set up. You also had to pay for more coffee if you wanted it. The sleeves they give you makes four cups. Not enough for heavy coffee drinkers like my husband and me. They provided feather pillows instead of regular pillows. And when we asked for regular pillows, they only found one. So we had to sleep with pillows we normally wouldn't sleep with, making the quality of sleep not as good. We'll bring our own coffee and pillows next time. :)

None of this will keep us from going there again to say. The location is great and there is a Chili's right across the street for late night food. :) We will definitely recommend this place to other family members!

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with family