I stayed here one night for business and enjoyed my stay here. This was the first time I had stayed at a Candlewood property and enjoyed learning that it was geared to extended stay business travelers on a budget. Basically, the room is like a studio apartment with a full kitchen (dishwasher, full size fridge, hot plate) and you get maid service once a week. Decor was a bit dated but was fine for me.
The main issue I had was the internet speed. Although it is technically a high speed connection (not dial-up) it operated at sub-dial-up speeds for me. It was basically unusable as far as I was concerned. I mentioned this to the front desk and was told (I paraphrase): "if you think it is bad now, you should have seen it a couple of months ago before we upgraded". They need to upgrade again. For a business traveler, internet access is mandatory and this internet service is just not good enough for that purpose.
The second issue was the cleanliness of the linens. I am FAR from picky when it comes to hotel rooms but this was the first time I ever slept on top of the covers and basically in my clothes because the linens just didn't look clean to me. This could have been an isolated incident in that regard.
Those with a sensitive sniffer may also be put off by the smell of sanitizer/cleaner that was fairly detectable.
They do have some nice amenities and the honor system pantry downstairs is pretty awesome. They also have hundreds of DVDs you can borrow for free to watch in your room which would be good for those on long stays. The staff was fine and accommodating even with the internet comment above. (at least he was honest and I appreciate that)
Overall, I would actually stay here again especially if they upgraded their internet access to be usable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come and experience our new Comforts of Home™ Bedding Collection. At the Candlewood Suites Oklahoma City Hotel, we put the amenities where they really count: in your room. Big and built for comfort, it's the ultimate suite for the business traveler. Each suite has a full kitchen complete with microwave and full size refrigerator. Work efficiently at your oversized executive desk using our free high speed Internet. Relax in the over sized recliner while you enjoy music or kick back and watch a movie. Borrow your favorites from our free video and CD library. Work off some stress in our fitness center. Then grab a meal for dinner or a snack at our Candlewood Cupboard at value prices.We are proud to be a pet friendly hotelpet fee based on length of stay, which is conveniently located near the city's major expressways of I-40 and I-44, Downtown Oklahoma City and close to other attractions such as the Celebration Station, White Water, the Cowboy Hall of Fame as well as the world renowned Horse Shows. Within an easy 8-15 mile drive you can get to other sites such as the State Capitol, Frontier City, Bricktown, Crossroads and the Oklahoma City Memorial. Also many companies such as UPS, AFS, Sonic, Tinker AFB and the FAA have their headquarters or main offices in our area. So whatever the reason for your travel is we would love for you to stay with us. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Odigeo and IHG so you can book your Candlewood Suites - Oklahoma City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Candlewood Suites - Oklahoma City Hotel Oklahoma City
- Candlewood Oklahoma City
- Oklahoma City Candlewood Suites