“good”

Ranked #77 of 150 Hotels in Oklahoma City
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“good”
Reviewed 28 February 2012

I enjoyed my stay-they were just starting the renovation-not of the rooms though. I have stayed at this hotel before in Indianapolis-similar in style. Hope the update in renovations is for the carpet and bath! Everything else is great. Laundry is complimentary, which would be a plus if I were staying longer. I stayed 2 days and it was all great. I didn't hear any extraneous noises and it was cold so I would think many people would be inside earlier. Everyone was very helpful. I twirled the spinner at the front desk and supposedly won 2000 reward points. Plus another 2000 for answering the questionnaire I was given when I checked in. Haven't see that yet. Would recommend this hotel for anyone! I saw families and business people.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Conshohocken, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 18 December 2011

fantastic ppl, nice room, clean, quiet, good location

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Michigan
Reviewed 17 October 2011

I stayed here for a few days while waiting for a room to open at another hotel. The staff were very helpful and pleasant. Laundry facilities were complimentary. They hosted a picnic one evening for the guests. Kitchens in the rooms. Downside was the room was not the nicest. It didn't seem that old, but it just wasn't that clean and comfortable. the walls seemed paper thin and the carpet was disgusting. A good clean-up and replacement carpet is in order.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
Memphis Area
Reviewed 13 September 2011

I stayed here one night for business and enjoyed my stay here. This was the first time I had stayed at a Candlewood property and enjoyed learning that it was geared to extended stay business travelers on a budget. Basically, the room is like a studio apartment with a full kitchen (dishwasher, full size fridge, hot plate) and you get maid service once a week. Decor was a bit dated but was fine for me.

The main issue I had was the internet speed. Although it is technically a high speed connection (not dial-up) it operated at sub-dial-up speeds for me. It was basically unusable as far as I was concerned. I mentioned this to the front desk and was told (I paraphrase): "if you think it is bad now, you should have seen it a couple of months ago before we upgraded". They need to upgrade again. For a business traveler, internet access is mandatory and this internet service is just not good enough for that purpose.

The second issue was the cleanliness of the linens. I am FAR from picky when it comes to hotel rooms but this was the first time I ever slept on top of the covers and basically in my clothes because the linens just didn't look clean to me. This could have been an isolated incident in that regard.

Those with a sensitive sniffer may also be put off by the smell of sanitizer/cleaner that was fairly detectable.

They do have some nice amenities and the honor system pantry downstairs is pretty awesome. They also have hundreds of DVDs you can borrow for free to watch in your room which would be good for those on long stays. The staff was fine and accommodating even with the internet comment above. (at least he was honest and I appreciate that)

Overall, I would actually stay here again especially if they upgraded their internet access to be usable.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Nighttwo
O'Fallon, IL
Reviewed 12 September 2011

Everything was fine about our suite except that the air conditioning situation was very inadequate for the heat wave we were having in summer 2011. The air conditioner was turned up so high that our daughter in the sleeper sofa was freezing, and my husband and I were so hot we were unable to sleep at all. We often use Candlewood with satisfaction, but the method of cooling the suite is simply inadequate for very hot times.

The room was clean. We had an accessible room and I especially liked the size of the bathroom. No problems with my wheelchair.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Minneapolis
Reviewed 3 August 2011

I stayed at the Candlewood Suties on floor 3 on August 2, 2011. It did provide free shuttle from the airport. The non-smoking room had an ash tray in it and smelled of smoke. They do not offer any complimentary breakfast, but did have pantry in the lobby that sells an assortment of gas station type food products. The phone on the desk, along with the wired ethernet did not work. The wireless worked just fine and provided speeds of 35ms ping, .48mbps download and .65 upload, so not the greatest. The phone next to the bed did work though. The bathtub is in ruins and needs to be recaulked, but provides a curved shower rod and clean curtain.

The business center that I noted was an old e machine in the corner of the lobby. It worked fine, but could use an update. They do provide a 25 inch tube tv with a dvd/vcr player. Behind the front desk they have DVD's that you can check out at no cost I believe.

To leave on a positive, the front desk person was very nice and helpful.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed 29 July 2011

THis was one of the better Candlewood that I have stayed at in a while. The staff is great and it was clean and smelled excellent. I enjoyed my self, it was a great piece of mind

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business