“Won't be back”

Candlewood Suites - Oklahoma City
Ranked #82 of 154 Hotels in Oklahoma City
Reviewed 12 February 2013

I have stayed in many hotels, this was the first time that I actually had my belongings gone through by the cleaning staff. Found my toothbrush in a bottom drawer. I guess they thought it was funny. I threw it away, got another and requested the house keeping staff stay out for the remainder of the stay.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites - Oklahoma City, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2013

Dear John R,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. Please accept my sincere apology for the shortcomings you experienced during your stay and if your stay was negatively affected by our housekeeping staff. We appreciate you bringing this matter to our attention and rest assured, your input will be shared with our management team for the purpose of bringing improvement to this identified weakness and rectify any unsatisfactory experiences.

We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 20 October 2012

I'm staying here for business travel for the next 3 months and I have to say that I'm quite impressed with the value of this hotel. Its also in a very good location with restaurants all around the hotel.

Very comfortable beds, great workspace, nice kitchenette, free Wi-Fi, friendly staff, and a good price. Don;t know what else you'd need. Tia-Juana at the front desk was very helpful.

Room Tip: Try for a top floor room if you can.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank tatuicu
Reviewed 25 September 2012

I've been staying here for years. It's far from a freeway, so it's quite. It's near the airport, but I don't hear planes. It's close to some of the best restaurants in Oklahoma City. The hotel staff is always friendly and helpful and the rooms are always spotless. Unless they are fully booked, I never stay anywhere else when working in Oklahoma City.

Room Tip: All rooms are great!
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 September 2012

I've stayed at the Candlewood Suites 3 times during 2012. The hotel upgraded it's furnishings (see the Candlewood web site) recently, new windows and screens were installed in August 2012, and the bathrooms were updated. Room carpets are dingy at times, that's hotel fare.

What I like: Staff is great. Friendly and efficient. My bill is always right, they keep it up to date during a long stay. The room rate is inversely proportional to the length of stay, which just happens to mesh well with the variable lodging/per diem an FAA tech ops student is paid. The laundromat is free, and co-located with the workout room. Rooms are stocked with usual pots and pans, but varies from room to room. Two each forks, spoons, knives. Hit and miss on big spoons and what not.

Not so like: There is a conventional pull door on the front, so if your hands are full.... The elevator is sometimes cranky, it was out for 3 days during one of my stays. There always seems to be a 2-ton Tony in the room above. No pool. No free breakfast. Housekeeping is once a week unless requested sooner. They change towels and take out the trash, everything else is on you usually.

My last stay was 22 days, the daily room charge was in the $55 range before taxes.

If you're FAA, sign up for the priority club and collect points/status levels. It's only a 10 minute drive to the main gate of MMAC.

Room Tip: Elevator is noisy, avoid a room near the elevator.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 May 2012

I have traveled all over the country for business and this is the best value I have ever found. I have stayed there 10+ times due to the quality and friendliness of the staff. They have always gone far beyond what I expect from a hotel. The beautifil new renovation was just the icing on the cake.

The staff actually cares about how your stay is and are always helpful with suggestions of local events, restaurants, and general inquiries. It is very clean and they even host their own events (food and beverages) to gather their customers once a week to get feedback on their stay. It is located close to the airport and minutes from the interstates and main local roads

When I left my wallet in O'Hare, they checked me in and then gave me a gift certificate for a local restaurant. On another trip, during a rare heavy blizzard, they made everyone feel comfortable even though you could not travel on ANY road for 3 days.

This is a must stay for anyone looking for the best value around.

Room Tip: Ask if upgrades are available
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 February 2012

I enjoyed my stay-they were just starting the renovation-not of the rooms though. I have stayed at this hotel before in Indianapolis-similar in style. Hope the update in renovations is for the carpet and bath! Everything else is great. Laundry is complimentary, which would be a plus if I were staying longer. I stayed 2 days and it was all great. I didn't hear any extraneous noises and it was cold so I would think many people would be inside earlier. Everyone was very helpful. I twirled the spinner at the front desk and supposedly won 2000 reward points. Plus another 2000 for answering the questionnaire I was given when I checked in. Haven't see that yet. Would recommend this hotel for anyone! I saw families and business people.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 December 2011

fantastic ppl, nice room, clean, quiet, good location

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family