“Not too shabby”

Ranked #52 of 150 Hotels in Oklahoma City
Richmond, Texas
“Not too shabby”
Reviewed 23 September 2008

All the other hotels were sold out. I tried to stay at some others that were recommended by Trip advisor to no avail. Kept driving around and decided to stay at this place. The front desk was fine... the hotel looked clean so why not? It took about 10-15 minutes to check in and get me processed. The lady at the desk was in training. Room was EXCELLENT. Tub was a little old looking. The room was huge. Got a king size bed and it had a living room type area and whatnot. Internet was a tad bit slow. One thing i hated about this hotel were the pillows. They were stuffed to the brim. Extremely uncomfortable for sleeping. And ALL the pillows were like that. That was a MAJOR downside. But overall the stay was good. Only stayed one night.

• Liked — huge room and nice manager
  • Disliked — pillows
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled on business
1 Thank shrooki

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Mass
Reviewed 19 May 2008

No real problems with this hotel. I had to stick a cup under the drain plug in the shower to keep it up, the TV would periodically turn off and on, and the safe did not work properly, but nothing severe enough to warrant a complaint to the front desk.
The location is adequate. The downtown trolley has a pick up a block away which cut down on the cab fare to Bricktown. There is a running path about a 1/2 mile away, but otherwise it is not a very friendly walking area.

Stayed May 2008
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed 20 August 2007

This hotel is located only 2 miles away from the airport and is convenient to restaurants and the interstate. The street isn't too busy, so there wasn't a lot of road noise and getting in and out of the hotel was easy.
Our check in was swift and we didn't have to wait long for an elevator. Some of our fellow guests looked like they were holding a party upstairs, but I never heard anything. It was quiet.
The room was nice and cool.
Our first night, I was awakened to a high pitched squealing sound of some kind of insect (cricket, locust, I'm not sure). The bed was nice and soft, so thankfully, I fell back to sleep immediately. I got up in the morning to shower and the water pressure was more of a trickle. After my husband's shower, we discovered a cricket crawling on his side of the bed. We captured it and asked if the maid could humanely take it outside. We returned 12 hours later and the overturned cup with the cricket underneath was still there and the cricket (with 2 of his cricket friends) was on the floor. We scooped them up in a cup and took them outside. I awoke at 4 am so we could leave at 5 am and found another cricket in the bathroom and a dead one on the floor by the bed. (Are you keeping count? That's 5 crickets in our room). I went to take a shower and our tissues had not been replenished after we ran out the morning before and it looked like the towels were reused. I saw the same stain on my "new" towel that was on the towel I tossed on the floor the day before. Check out was easy and we told the clerk about our cricket problem. Honestly, they were a nuisance by keeping me up the first night, but other than that, they did no harm. We wanted nothing more than an explanation. He explained it as a "local pest infestation" that was native to Oklahoma City, so we were told that since it was normal, we should just accept it and move on. However, when we told him, he was surprised, so apparently, its not that normal.

• Liked — Soft bed
  • Disliked — Cricket infestation
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled as a couple
2 Thank thea_g
Fayetteville, AR
Reviewed 17 March 2007

The lobby was clean and the front desk was very helpful. My room was not the cleanest. It wasn't horrible ... though the bathroom could have been spruced up a little more. The second day my washcloth was replaced with a cloth that had lipstick all over it. Not sure how the housekeeper missed that one. I looked at it and it surely wasn't my shade. yuk.

The other complaint I would have is that the water pressure was not good at all.

The pool area ... well it was for kids and I don't like pool areas and hottubs that are occupied by bunches of kids.

The continental breakfast was adequate, nothing to rave about.

One gets what they pay for and for that it was a good value, minus the nasty lipstick washcloth. I'd rate it lower, except the front desk staff made up for the less than comfortable room. Also the location was a bonus for what I needed.

• Liked — Fridge and microwave in room and price.
  • Disliked — Water pressure
  • Stayed February 2007, travelled on business
4 Thank BashaLou
Cali
Reviewed 24 October 2006

The windows do not open at all in this hotel! You can not get fresh air into your room either by window or the front door, since the front door opens into the hall. The fan unit recycles the air in the room rather than brings in fresh air, so the air quality is very poor. Ever been in jail? This hotel comes close in comparison when it comes to air quality. My family and I left this hotel with sick with colds and sore backs because the bed in our room was very uncomfortable. We just couldn't get a good night's rest! Many other people were observed with sniffles, sneezes and/or coughs, including some of the hotel staff. What a place to be in come flu season! No thanks!! The blowdryer in our room didn't work. Thankfully, I packed mine! Also, the mini refridgerator whined endlessly so that it had to be unplugged. We will not stay at this hotel again, even if it is free.

Stayed October 2006
4 Thank dwood02
Fort Gibson OK
Reviewed 16 September 2006

We stayed here as a free night stay from Trip Rewards. The rooms were great the pool and hot tub clean!
Breakfast was awesome. Very pleased!
(1st time to use our free night with trip rewards...we were not aware 20.00 would be charged to our account, still not sure what that was for... no movies were rented and no phone calls were made)
Very clean and pleasant atmosphere. Staff friendly and helpful.

• Liked — Cleanliness and friendly staff
  • Disliked — no problems
  • Tips/Secrets — always read reviews before staying first time at a location!!!
  • Stayed August 2006, travelled with family
3 Thank ftggo4fun
Oklahoma
Reviewed 15 September 2006

Nice place - has many positives going for it.

The good:
1. Friendly staff, especially at check-in and during the breakfast times. Got exact room I requested.
2. Comfortable room, especially the beds.
3. Excellent restauraut choices within walking distance, and short driving distance.
4. Ideal for overnight stays if you have an early fight out of Will Rogers Airport, since I was able to check out from my room.
5. Nice little indoor pool and workout room - not big or grand, but very usable for a traveler looking for a quick swim or workout.

The not so good:
1. Though not screaming for a renovation, it could be due for one in the near future. Paint was starting to fade, carpet was getting a little worn - minor issues, and something that could be easilly nipped in the bud.
2. A/C was a little on the loud side. Not a big bother, just a minor one.
3. Elevator was a little sluggish.

Only a few issues - nothing too major. Would stay again when in area.

• Liked — location, service
  • Disliked — A/C noise
  • Tips/Secrets — get a first floor room