“Two-room suite had a surprise---and it was not good”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Oklahoma City-West
Ranked #12 of 148 Hotels in Oklahoma City
Atlanta
“Two-room suite had a surprise---and it was not good”
Reviewed 3 January 2012

Our son and his family were driving 1500 miles to be with us for Christmas. We arranged for them to spend the night at this Homewood Suite and then continue their long trip. I spoke with a desk staff person at the hotel and confirmed that this suite had two bedrooms and one pull-out sofa bed. That was an ideal suite room for our son and the children. They arrived late at night and just wanted to sleep. When they pulled out the sofa bed.....SURPRISE. Popcorn and candy were on the bed. Evidently this Homewood Suite does not clean the sofa bed. And the shower barely drained. It seems that the management of this Homewood Suite needs to pay more attention to the condition of the rooms. Our suggestions to future guests---ask the hotel staff to check the cleanliness of the sofa bed and shower drain.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank MarJan6861
OKCHomewood, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Oklahoma City-West, responded to this review, 5 January 2012
Dear MarJan6861,

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you chose our hotel for your family during their recent travel through the area and we sincerely apologize for the housekeeping problems you encountered. Dirty rooms are not typical at our hotel and we appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We make every effort to ensure our rooms meet the highest housekeeping standards. We hope you will give us a second chance if you visit our area in the future.

Jenny Hankins

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
KANSAS
Reviewed 28 December 2011

i have stayed at many home wood suites, and this one was by far the worse. the bed was like sleeping on concrete, the 1 bed room suite was a lot smaller than most home woods other locations.

and the biggest complaint the breakfast. homewood suites are famous for their great breakfast,but this location breakfast consisted of just 2 steam tables of overcooked pre cooked frozed bacon ( that was clearly over microwaved)

the other steamer had precooked frozen cheese omlets, that that the server heats up.(i saw the bag she grabbed from the freezer and heat them,before bringing them out)

there was a 3rd steamer that listed small frozen pancakes. the grocery store kind that you pop in a toaster.

there was yoplait yogurt, and very little fruit (apples, & pears)

and pre packaged oatmeal that you add hot water to, this was a motel 6 continental breakfast at best.

so if you are use to the homewood suites were there is a guy who will make your eggs & pancakes (made to order), and a waffle maker on the side, with plenty of fruit, including bananas.oranges,strawberries- this is not the place

the room was well cleaned so thumbs up to the housekeeping staff. they allowed me to check in a couple hours early, which was great as i was tired from my long flight.
but there are some drawbacks to this location

1.they don't provide airport transportation( most of the hotels in the area do
2. terrible breakfast( with frozen eggs that are heated up- never again)

Room Tip: make sure you get a room inside the hotel where the lobby is, and not one of the outside rooms (espe...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
Dear targetguy,

I appreciate your review of your recent experience at our hotel. Thank you for the housekeeping compliment, I will be sure to pass it on to our staff. However, we regret we were not able to provide you with the quality of food you expected. We are constantly working to improve our menu offerings and your comments will help us improve in this area. We hope you will consider staying with us the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed 8 September 2011

I stayed at this hotel for work. It was a wonderful experince,it was conviently located to the outlet mall where i was working, and the starbucks was close by. The hotel was emaculate and the staff was wonderful. They had a spinach quiche and sante fe breakfast tacos for breakfast. The only issue were the pillows, there were 5 pillows on each bed and none of them were cofortable. I thought it was just me , but after talkinng to the person I roomed with and 2 others that have stayed there they were in agreement. I will not stay anywhere else in OkC when I return, but I will bring my own pillows.

• Stayed September 2011
OKCHomewood, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Oklahoma City-West, responded to this review, 13 September 2011
Dear Kingofthehill81,

Thanks so much for sharing your experience about our hotel. Your feedback is valuable to us. I am happy to hear you have enjoyed our daily complimentary Suite Start breakfast and the conveniences of our location. I will take note of your concerns regarding our pillows and see if there is a way for us to improve in this area. It is our priority to provide the comforts of home that will make each guest’s stay enjoyable. We look forward to your next visit to see us. Again, thank you for sharing your feedback.

Houston, Texas
Reviewed 20 August 2011

Listen, I stayed around July 8th, at first, hotel looked okay but they had employees hanging around the lobby, I was so loaded with luggage, none of them lifted a finger to help me. To top it off, I arrived around 8pm and was told that they had no rooms for me, even after I made reservations about a month ago. I had liked Hilton up to this point but the manager in this hotel in OKC is extremely rude. I have never experienced a rude hotel manager before. You talk to her and she rolls her eyes and very harsh sounding on the phone. I ended up with a handicapped room in the corner, in the first floor, had requested for upper floors, was put downstairs next to a parked car. I asked several times to speak to manager, name starting with a J. and she was totally unavailable. Then after several tries the next morning, she got on the phone and was so rude I did not want to talk to her in person. I had wanted to either switch rooms or go to another hotel. the whole one night experience was terrible. I wrote several times to Hilton cust. service, got nothing back. They claim customer satisfied or money back, all a lie. I just will never stay in a Homewood suites again.. They were unfriendly and condescending. This was my own personal experience. Front desk was not welcoming at all.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank second22
OKCHomewood, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Oklahoma City-West, responded to this review, 22 August 2011
Dear second22,

We are sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality of services you deserve. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will consider giving us a second chance if you return to the area.

Simpsonville, South Carolina
Reviewed 5 August 2011

Stayed here while attending the Women's Softball College World Series. As usual the rooms were clean and the grounds well kept. The pool was clean and the staff helpful. The only down side are the breakfast hours are to short for those who enjoy sleeping in past 9.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
Seattle
Reviewed 27 July 2011

We spent most of January travelling around the Southwest to visit family. We spent 21 nights in hotels, mostly Hilton properties. This particular one was close to my sister and we'd loved the Homewood Suites in Albuquerque. We had a Groupon for this one for the
first night. The price was amazing, so I called the Hilton 800 number and booked a total of 7 nights at a similar great price. The person on the other end was great.
When we arrived at the hotel, the night manager was horrified by our rate. How did we get it? We weren't supposed to have it, etc etc. Pretty embarrassing and we were not happy at this reception. The room was basic brown, I guess for businessmen and there was no bathtub. I always want a tub, so I called the front desk. We have no bathtubs! So I cancelled the entire stay but we spent the night as it was late and we'd travelled from Seattle. The morning was no better and we left early, moving to the Cambria Suites which we adored, spending an actual 7 nights there at each end of our trip.
I did write Hilton customer service and received a polite reply, though after she talked to the Hotel, the story was quite different and it was all a "misunderstanding." For example, they did in fact have bathtubs but our Groupon rate did not include one. Had I been told that, I would have paid extra to move. Terrible service. Stay at Cambria Suites.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Antoinette M
Dear AntoinetteM,

I appreciate your review of your recent experience at our hotel. I'm very sorry that you were treated with an undesirable level of service. I have addressed these issues with our staff. I also understand that our Groupon rate was of concern, I apologize for the miscommunication, we strive to personalize each guest's experience and keep costs affordable in doing so. The next time you are in Oklahoma City, we would love to have you come back and experience a better level of customer service. Thank you once again for your comments.

seattle, wa
Reviewed 20 July 2011

We stayed at the Homewood Suites oklahoma City west and found it to be a.good choice for our family of four. Our one bedroom suite had two beds and a living room with a kitchen. It was clean, nicely furnished, and had plenty of space. The air conditioner worked well, which was important since the weather was very hot during our visit. The staff was friendly. Penny who took care of us at breakfast was a pleasure to chat with, the hotel is located several miles west of downtown. It is easy to reach from I-40 and there are a number of places to eat nearby.

• Stayed July 2011