“Waited for Greatness”

Ranked #7 of 150 Hotels in Oklahoma City
Dallas, Texas
“Waited for Greatness”
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Sons and I picked this hotel since it had a view of the ballpark and a Redhawk's game would be played the night we would be there. A bit more pricey than what I wanted to spend in OKC but since we could watch the game from the comfort of our room (save ticket prices), I booked it. I then attempted to get into our room early as we were in town for a basketball camp and needed a place to change but room was not ready at 12 noon nor again at 2 pm (check-in is at 3 pm). Although I spoke to a few individuals about our plight, no one seemed sympathetic. We did not return to the hotel to check-in until 6:30 pm and was pleasantly surprised when we were upgraded to a suite which was very nice. Received a goody bag with water, popcorn, candy and a lovely hand-written note which helped erase my earlier disappointment.

Room was clean, beds were comfortable and breakfast was extensive (hot biscuits & gravy, waffles, crispy bacon, eggs, etc.). Front desk staff (pm & am) was amenable but not overly warm. Location in Bricktown and our room's amenities are what made this stay an enjoyable one. If you need warm fuzzies from the staff while you are standing in front of them or are on the phone, you may need to weigh your options. Otherwise a very nicely appointed hotel!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Jawzlyn
Lauren M, Sales Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Oklahoma City / Bricktown, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
Dear Jawzlyn,

First of all, thank you so much for choosing our property! We know that you have alot of choices in the Bricktown area and we are grateful that you chose us. We apologize that your stay got off on the wrong foot and hope that the amenities and upgrade we provided helped ease some of your frustration. We very much appreciate your feedback and will absolutely use this as a training opportunity for our team. Thank you!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 25 August 2014

My stay in Bricktown was pleasant and my stay at the Hampton Inn was great. The hotel staff is informative and eager to assist you with any question regarding the hotel or surrounding attractions. The hot breakfast was a welcoming site and the food was good. I would stay here again for sure.

Room Tip: If your intrested in baseball, then request a room overlooking the ballpark. very good views
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank BigO2014
Dear BigO2014,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to leave a great review for our property! We agree that the ballpark view rooms do provide a great view for our business and leisure travelers alike and the complimentary hot breakfast is one of the best around! Please come stay with us again on your next trip to Oklahoma City!
Olathe, Kansas
Reviewed 24 August 2014

What a great hotel! The staff was very helpful, the breakfast was excellent. The rooms very clean. It was a very enjoyable experience. Parking was convenient and you can to restaurants on the river walk.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Lauren M, Sales Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Oklahoma City / Bricktown, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Dear Peggy D,

I am so glad to hear that you and your family had a wonderful stay with us! We are very lucky to have such a prime location and a very hospitable and friendly staff! Please come back again to visit soon!
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 23 August 2014

Wonderful staff, great location,walking distance to brick town, great breakfast, clean rooms. Walking distance to great bars, and resturants. Waking distance to stadium for baseball games . a wonderful place to stay, would go back and stay there, love, love this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank schlusler M
Dear schlusler M,

Thank you for taking your valuable time to review our property. We are so glad that your entire stay was a successful one! We hope to host you for another stay very soon!
Flagstaff, Arizona
Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

We are traveling across the country and staying at a different Hampton Inn every night. This one, by far, exceeded our expectations. As a Hilton Honors guest, we received a handwritten note, signed by the staff along with bottles of water and some snacks, welcoming us to the hotel. The breakfast bar was stocked, hot & fresh. The staff was more than helpful and happy to have us as guests. The location and the staff's recommendation for dinner was spot on. The room was clean, bed and linens were clean and fresh. The towels were soft, not stiff. Bravo! We shall return!

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank brposada
Lauren M, Sales Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Oklahoma City / Bricktown, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
Dear brposada,

Thank you for your very complimentary review and for your loyalty to the Hampton brand! I am glad to hear that you and your family were able to enjoy some of the fantastic dining in the Bricktown area while staying with us and I will be sure and give housekeeping a high five for providing such soft and freshly cleaned linens! Please come back and see us again soon!
Philadelphia, PA
Reviewed 19 August 2014

By all measures, I would ordinarily rate this hotel excellently. It's location is in Bricktown, OKC's late night drinking hang out for the 25-40 y/o crowd. The area is very walkable to all kinds of attractions--most visibly, the baseball stadium--but there's a movie theater, at least 100 restaurants, the botanical gardens, the banjo museum (which, by the way, is AWESOME), and even an IHOP to help cure your hangover. I enjoyed walking along the canal bar-hopping one night. The hotel was clean. The staff was courteous. It's tough to complain, and I wouldn't except that the other reviews seemed SO positive, I expected a mythical Shangri-La stay. It's a decent, clean, reasonably priced hotel in a walkable, touristy area. No more. No less.

I booked the hotel in part for its walkable location, and in part for the swimming pool and hot tub. I wanted to get a little aquatic exercise coming off a minor, but somewhat immobilizing back injury. I really couldn't use the hot tub OR the pool. It's built as an attraction for kids, not adults. Don't get me wrong. I LOVE kids, but they make lap swimming impossible. If you've got kids, and they love pools--this is the place for you. A suggestion to the management would be to post adult swim hours clearly for an hour in the morning--or some other appropriate time.

It might just be that there was a youth convention, because I've never seen so many kids in a hotel. Nonetheless, I was intensely aware of them that hangover morning when they were screaming and crying at breakfast--probably from not having slept enough--probably from being in the pool until it closed at 11 p.m.

Another complaint is parking. It wasn't free. I suppose it was a plus that there was a parking lot attached, but a minus that the parking wasn't cheap. To be fair, I don't think any place in Bricktown has free parking, especially in a nice, attached garage, but potential guests should keep the parking issue in mind and add the expense to your budget when planning your hotel stay.

Basic wi-fi is free (if all you want to do is read your email). If you plan to stream movies--like me--having to spend a lot of time in bed due to my injury, you'll have to pay.

Also--I'm from the NE where we don't have tornadoes. Tourists should know that the city tests it's tornado warning system on the weekends around noon. It's a loud air raid sounding alarm. For a moment, we thought the Russian's were invading.

Room Tip: The baseball stadium is attractive. Many of the rooms face it. You may or may not want a view of i...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Dear rich_cardona,

Thank you so much for your valuable feedback. We very much appreciate when our guests give us an opportunity to improve ourselves. We will put into consideration all of your suggestions in hopes that it will allow for a better guest experience for all future guests. Thanks again!
Burbank, California
Reviewed 18 August 2014

I have stayed at this hotel several times. This last time was the best. Everything was clean, staff was very helpful and the breakfast bar was amazing.
Our 2 king with a sofa bed suite accommodated us 6 adult women very comfortably.
The hotel charges a small fee for parking, but this is much less than public parking.
I will definitely go back for another stay.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank jonesbkr
Lauren M, Sales Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Oklahoma City / Bricktown, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Dear jonesbkr,

Thank you for your continuing to return to our property time and time again! I am so excited to hear that this was the best stay yet. We have been really focusing on continuing to improve our quality of service daily and we are very happy to hear that it is paying off! We look forward to making your next stay even better!