“A nice weekend stay”

Hyatt Place Oklahoma City - Northwest
Ranked #26 of 154 Hotels in Oklahoma City
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Staff was accommodating and let us check in early "housekeeping was working fast" that day. Front desk was knowledgeable of the area and gave some recommendations on where to watch a particular sporting event.
Parking was ample, well lit and FREE! the location itself is set behind another hotel and cornered by the highway. We were given a room facing the parking lot so there was zero noise from the highway

Rooms: We had a very comfortable king bed, the room was spacious and 42" swivel flat screen was great! A bar area as well as desk were a nice touch as well. Only a few minor scratches and normal wear and tear - nothing that would impact the quality of the room or comfort of the stay.

Downside: Ice machines only located on the first and third floors

Room Tip: Get a room that faces the parking lot
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Leecee13

Reviewed 15 July 2014

My family stayed here for a wedding in July 2014. The hotel parking lot is well lit. Not lots of areas for hiding and lurking. This is important as I was with my kids and returned after dark both nights. The entry is nice and welcoming but not big. Staff was helpful and friendly. I liked the tray of "Did you forget something" sitting out because I don't want to wait in line to ask for a razor. The seating in the breakfast area is a bit worn, but still comfortable. The elevators were quick but not jolting. Our room was very clean and the bed was very comfortable. I liked having 2 sinks as 4 of us stayed in the room. Internet service was spot on and reliable from our room next to the elevator. Couch cushions were flat and needed a reupholstering. The pull out bed was fine for small kids. The white noise machine came in handy for the highway next to us. The air con worked well. I would have liked to have an exhaust fan in the bathroom as it is small and steamed up quick, crank up the a/c. Placement of the TV was perfect and the little cubby holes underneath were nice for shoes, ipads, toiletry bags, etc. to keep the sink counter clutter free and the closet was a bit awkward but doable if you are not handicapped. Desk area was sufficient and had a desk lamp on it so you could actually see if you were working. Plenty of seating as well. LOVED the variety at the breakfast. 6 plus juices including tomato, 3 skillet hotplate with healthy options, oatmeal with add ins, 3 fruit choices, plain as well as sugary yoghurt, REAL coffee, not water/coffee wannabe, tea options!!!!, toasts, bagels, muffins, and real cutlery. The fitness center is really just a room but has nice options, elliptical, treadmills, freeweights, water with cups, earbuds if you forgot them, towels to use, and the machines had tv's on them, my 9 year old LOVED that! The bathrooms in the reception area had feminine hygiene products. Nice detail. My kids loved the pool, I didn't visit it. Finding this hotel was a bit tricky as it sits behind another one. Overall it suited our needs perfectly.

Room Tip: Rooms on the backside are noisier due to the highway.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank jollyhollyCypressTX
Reviewed 15 July 2014

I stay here on business every couple of months. I'm still a fan of the hotel but did want to write a second review to address the significant interstate freeway noise in the sleeping area for some of the rooms. The freeway is on the back side of the hotel. From what I can tell, getting a room in the center of the hotel facing NW Expressway (this is a city road that is not a highway) is your best bet to avoid the noise. The hotel has wisely provided "dohm" brand white noise machines which are pretty effective. If it's not already on the bedside table, you should be able to find it in a drawer to the bathroom vanity. The bathroom (shower and toilet) is pretty cramped, but the vanity and sink is separate and that is spacious. The staff is friendly and attentive and I love that there is a bar/snacks in the lobby. I would recommend this hotel to others, with the heads-up about potential freeway noise.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Spent one day at Hyatt Place. Clean and relaxing. We stayed here because of price with AAA. Spent the evening in Bricktown (less than 5 miles). Nice to come back to and relax. We will stay here again.

Room Tip: Get room on parking lot side of building to avoid traffic noise on I-44.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank HighHeat10917
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Hotel is nice, clean, friendly. My daughter had a softball tournament and they do not have a washer or dryer. I made the mistake to hand wash her uniform to hang dry and that didn't work. I stayed up to use the blow dryer to dry her clothes. I didn't get much sleep. I understand they have a laundry service and that is nice but for a nice hotel you should also have at least a washer and a dryer. I didn't want to venture out at 11 pm looking for a laundromat.

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 15 June 2014

This hotel impressed us from the moment we arrived to the moment we left. The staff went out of their way to be friendly. The room was huge!! (The picture does not do it justice.) There was a state of the art fitness center with personal tv's at each equipment station. The hot breakfast sandwiches were a real treat, and everything was ultra clean. The only problem we had was accessing the hotel, as the driveway is actually a little ways down from where the hotel sits. Your GPS probably won't know where you are going. We will definitely stay here again if in the area!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BTCompKSU
Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

Less than $107 for family of 3 on a Sat night, incl breakfast. We generally prefer the Hyatt brand when traveling & were stunned to see such a great rate available. The desk clerks & bartenders were so much fun. They were friendly, remembered our names & took active interest in our daughter's tennis tourney.
Only two complaints: the AC units in our room & friends' room down the hall were crazy loud overnight; & the bathrooms are claustrophobically small such that you have to stand awkwardly betw toilet & shower to open/close the door from the inside (the rooms are plenty big enough that this could've been designed a little better). Even still, we would absolutely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014