Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Oklahoma City Airport
Ranked #36 of 148 Hotels in Oklahoma City
Colorado
“Close to airport”
Reviewed 13 July 2013 via mobile

We stayed here the night before an early flight. The room was fine &clean. The hotel has free airport transfer which was nice. The lady who checked us in was not at the front desk for 20 minutes. Someone else finally called the hotel& she finally appeared. Be warned if you don't have a car there is not much nearby if you want snacks. There are restaurants. We asked for bottled water as we didn't have cash for the vending machine& were instructed to walk to 7-11 . Over all close to airport and clean but don't expect much service wise.

• Stayed July 2013
OKCCountry, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Oklahoma City Airport, responded to this review, 20 July 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We apologize for the dissatisfaction of your stay. We take the time to listen to your constructive comments so we can continually improve our services. I have addressed your concern with front desk that you have to wait 20 min for check in. We hope for another opportunity to exceed your expectations.

Please reach out to General Manager should you have any concerns during or after your next stay.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Reviewed 5 July 2013 via mobile

Very good price. Extra large rooms. Easy to and quick to get to airport from here. Friendly staff. Had to fly out before breakfast was served so can not comment on food. Pool area nice. All the amenities. Will probably stay again

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank jsmil
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to your next stay.
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 30 June 2013

We planned this trip by not planning it. We came to OKC to visit relatives and decided that we would not stress ourselves out by making reservations and "have to be there" at a given time. We lucked out and got two rooms at this location when we arrived in the evening hours on Saturday. Ian, the evening manager was very helpful and made several recommendations for dinner and sites to see. Kudos to him for knowing his city and suggesting the best places to eat and visit. The rooms are very comfortable and quiet. Fresh cookies are in the lobby at check in time for the weary traveler who needs a little sugar. :)

Room Tip: Forgot something to read? This hotel chain has a small library of books that you can borrow... And t...
1 Thank Spiritwolf922
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed and glad to know than Ian was able to recommend some good restaurant for dinner. We look forward to your next stay .

One again than you for choosing us for your stay.
Wichita, Kansas
Reviewed 30 June 2013

I booked this hotel through hotwire and although this was my first hotwire booking, I read a lot before I actually made my purchase. Using a third party to pay for this hotel was a nightmare. My reservation was for 4 people and when I checked in I was told we were getting a room with 1 king size bed! I was polite the entire time but was definitely not paying for 4 people to sleep in one bed. Long story short, the woman at the front desk made me feel like a second class guest for booking through hotwire and eventually conceded to placing my family in a handicap accessible room with 2 queen beds although not without reminding me of the huge favor she was doing by placing my family in this room as she was "overbooking" the hotel by doing this. She also said over and over to never book through hotwire because they "always" do this. Turns out, she put my family with small children in the room directly above the front desk! I truly feel this was on purpose as I'm sure there were suites available but because we weren't "full paying" guests we weren't going to be treated better than what she thought we paid. After 20 minutes in our room she was calling our room to tell me to make our kids be quiet. Four hours later the manager called after our kids ran across the room one time. He said it was to make sure everything was ok but sensible people realize he meant keep your kids feet off the floor, which is why I doubt the sincerity of the manager's follow up comments to disgruntled guests.

Our stay here was horrible and not worth the money I paid. I just want everyone to know that they will treat you badly if you don't book directly through their website and they are not quiet about it. What was supposed to be a fun, relaxing weekend with my family turned into the most stressful weekend ever of trying to keep our kids busy and out of the hotel (in the heat) or super quiet and just confined to sitting on the bed. It truly was horrible. They say they pride themselves on treating you like part of the family but it was anything but that. We were made to feel like second class guests and because of this we did our best to stay out of our room. I wouldn't even let my kids use the swimming pool. I never plan to stay in this chain of hotels again based on this experience. Customer service is the number one ingredient to a successful business and when the people who man the check-in counter treat you poorly, then nothing else matters.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
OKCCountry, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Oklahoma City Airport, responded to this review, 3 July 2013
Linsey, thank you for reaching out and writing your review. We are sorry you were not satisfied with the accommodations of your room. We will discuss the issue of room type given to you room with hotwire. I appreciate your taking the time to inform us of your concerns because your input is valuable to us. Comments from our guests provide us with valuable feedback and help us in providing our guests with the service they have become accustomed to at Country Inn & Suites by Carlson hotels.

Please contact me if you have any additional questions or concerns

Castle Rock, Colorado
Reviewed 27 June 2013

Worst hotel experience for me in some time. I am on the road a couple of times a month and often to Oklahoma. This place was terrible. Room was dirty. Hairs in the bathroom, stains on the walls, stairway had a bad smell and lots o stains on the wall. Found one long hair in a laundered towel. Not pleasant. Workout room had cheap equipment that was worn out in most cases. $125 per night seems high given the location let alone the condition of the hotel.

• Stayed June 2013
OKCCountry, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Oklahoma City Airport, responded to this review, 28 June 2013
I appreciate your taking the time to inform us of your concerns because your input is valuable to us. Although it is never pleasant to hear when a guest is not satisfied with his or her experience, we do need to be aware of these situations.
Comments from our guests provide us with valuable feedback and help us in providing our guests with the service they have become accustomed to at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson hotels.

I have reviewed your comments and concerns with my housekeeping staff and we will be working to improve our performance. Our goal is to provide our guests with a comfortable stay and to meet and exceed the service expectations of our guests.

Please contact me if you have any additional questions or concerns

Gainsborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 June 2013

We only stayed here for one night but the room was more than adequate & we loved the fancy folded towels etc! Great fun! The staff were extremely helpful and friendly. The breakfast was included in the price which made it even better value. There was a small pool but we didn't have time to sample it. It was close to the airport with a free shuttle to and from it which was very handy indeed. There was no restaurant for our evening meal but there was plenty of choice of eateries within easy walking distance.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
Allen, Texas
Reviewed 12 June 2013

The staff went out of their way to help. Breakfast was very good. The lady taking care of breakfast even helped me with my twin boys several times! The bed and pillows were very comfortable; room was very clean and nice; and there were many good restaurants nearby.