“Food Awesome - Server Horrible! ”
Review of Hatch

Hatch
Reserve with OpenTable
Hatch is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #104 of 1,747 Restaurants in Oklahoma City
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The low rating is strictly because of the horrible service we received.

We have been to Hatch several times and have always had good experiences but today’s server was the worse service I’ve had in a long time. First of all, we sat at one of the community tables so it needed to be cleaned. She walked up, gave us a look that said I wish you weren’t here and did not speak at all. She walked away and didn’t come back for a good 10 mins. She finally came back and cleared the table, left a huge dirty spot on it when she wiped it and walked off, still not speaking (It took her two trips to clear the table so had plenty of time to at least speak.). Finally, she came back with water and took our drink order. One of our party never received her drink at all. A long period of time passed between our drinks and taking our order. We received our food, but no silverware. We asked the guy that brought our food if we could have silverware and he said sure but never brought any. Finally, our server walked by and we asked her for silverware and she brought some.

I tried to find her name on the receipt but it just said Bar 1 Server. If she treats everyone else the way she treated us, she needs to find another career.

The food was awesome as usual. I’ll go back but I’ll make sure I’m not in her area.

Taylor T, General Manager at Hatch, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hi! I’m sorry to hear about your dissapointing experience with us! That is definitely not how we do things here at Hatch! Please contact me at hatchokc@eatdrinkpc.com with the best way to get in contact with you! I would love a chance to make it right!- Taylor Taylor, General Manager

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Menu seemed amazing but I think they stole this from another restaurant. Had a large party with a large variety of items all were extremely underwhelming and unedible. If you are kidnapped and forced to go here, order the pancakes, probably won’t die from them.

Taylor T, General Manager at Hatch, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Hi sophiasonenberg, it’s disappointing to hear that you had a poor experience with us! That is not what I like to hear and would love for you to contact me at hatchokc@eatdrinkpc.com with the best way to get in contact with you. I would like to talk more and learn more about your visit with us. Look forward to hearing from you! -Taylor Taylor, General Manager.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

First of all, they totally overestimated the wait. They told me 45 minutes, and it was more like 10. I wasn’t upset.

The cranberry mimosa was perfect. Just the right amount of juice.

Our waiter was Andrew and he was knowledgeable and sweet. He totally was helpful and kept our coffee filled.

I’m still not a fan of their coffee, too many shades similar to Starbucks coffee.

The decor is modern with exposed bricks on one wall and an ochre/ yellowish other Wall.

My Heavens, The beignets with peanut butter and bacon are amazing. Oh - all the sauces for the beignets are wonderful. I love the orange sauce.

The chicken fried egg is delicious and fun. They take a soft boiled egg and batter dip it and fry it. They serve it with a Cholula aioli and a hollandaise sauce and it’s a total win.

The house salad with chicken was huge and yummy.

Taylor (the manager) is so sweet and perky and adorable. Her personality is a big asset to the restaurant.

I’m so glad I came back here and tried it again.

Thank you Michelle for this great review! It has been so nice getting to know you! Hope to see you back in soon!

Reviewed 7 May 2018

Like me, many foodies stay home for breakfast. After all, the menu's at breakfast places are similar and usually boring. Plus, it is not hard to fry an egg at home.

Hatch is the reason to get up and spend hard earned cash on breakfast. The menu is large and creative,and the food is terrific. The restaurant is a crisp, clean and modern update to an old warehouse-looking space in the north side of the CBD. Unless you arrive early or wait until after the lunch crowd, be prepared for a wait.

Hard to pick a favorite from the menu; so far its all been worth the visit. The omelets are very good with the Coyote possibly leading the rest. Steak & Eggs Benedict is a treat, but so are the Chicken Fried Eggs. The hash brown tumblers are addictive.

There is also a drink menu for those times when a Bloody Mary is needed. Service tends to be good but things get very busy so sometimes a slip. Overall, can't wait to go back, and wish they would open on here is South Florida.

Reviewed 4 May 2018

A friend recommended we visit Hatch for brunch during a recent visit to Oklahoma City and it did not disappoint! We went in around 10:00 on Easter and the wait was over an hour. They have a communal table which had four seats available, so we grabbed those and started perusing the menu! We ordered the Smoked Salmon Benedict, the Mission Street Tacos, the Chieftain’s Revenge and a Flight of Pancakes and a Bloody Mary for me.

It didn’t take too long for our entrees to arrive and the servers were constantly refilling water and coffee. The Bloody Mary was fantastic, although a little on the spicy side – it was a good wakeup call though!

The Smoked Salmon Benedict was served on toasted sourdough and was topped with a cream cheese hollandaise. It came with a side of hash browns which were “popper” style. The Mission Street Tacos included chorizo, sautéed peppers and onions, roasted tomatoes, scrambled eggs, Cotija cheese and avocado salsa. It was good, but not memorable enough to order again. The Chieftain’s Revenge came with spicy grits, tomatillo salsa, beer braised pork, fried eggs, avocado salsa, Cotija cheese and tortilla strips; it was the hit of the table and packed with flavor. For our pancake flight we chose the Pina Carmelo, the Strawberry Dream and the Famous PanOKCake. The Pina Carmelo was topped with caramelized pineapples, salted caramel Myers dark rum sauce and candied walnuts. The Strawberry Dream was sopped with a strawberry compote cream cheese Anglaise and candied walnuts and the PanOKCake was topped with bacon pecans and a bourbon maple glaze. They were all quite tasty, but there was a LOT of butter and heavy flavors so it was good we were not making a meal from the pancakes; they added the sweetness to round out the savory of the other items we ordered.

All in all, one of the best brunches I’ve had in a long time. We will definitely be returning on future trips to OKC!