“Good hotel, will stay again”

Holiday Inn Oklahoma City Airport
Ranked #86 of 154 Hotels in Oklahoma City
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I had read a few negative reviews of this hotel on Trip Advisor but when I arrived I was pleasantly surprised.

I arrived at the hotel after a long journey and two flights from London in the UK and arrived late at night. The front desk staff were very friendly and helpful as my UK debit card would not register on the US system to cover the security deposit. However, the girl on the desk came to arrangement for me so I could leave the refundable deposit in a different form.

I had a room on the fourth floor at the back of the hotel looking over the river. The room was large and clean and well decorated. It featured a large and comfortable bed, chair and footrest, desk and chair, television, phone, microwave, fridge, coffee machine, safe, ironing board and iron.

There is a good choice on the menu for breakfast and a buffet on the weekend.

Overall the rooms are spacious, comfortable and clean, the breakfast is good and the staff are friendly and helpful. I would recommend this place and stay again myself.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Mike C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Oklahoma City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Thank you for your recent stay and we appreciate your kind remarks about your experience. I am pleased that your visit proved to be better than the various online reviews you'd witnessed. While I understand we will have failures from time-to-time, we do have a very good team that cares about the guest experience and are constantly seeking improvement. We appreciate your observations, and we hope that you will continue to stay at Holiday Inn when traveling.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

We stayed 2 nights, the rooms were clean service was fine. The staff was friendly and helpful. They're for the most part the standard Holiday Inn. It looks like they have a lot of competition there on Meridian so our next trip to the area we will most likely try one of the others.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Mike C, Manager at Holiday Inn Oklahoma City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2014

Thank you for trying out the Holiday Inn, and I am pleased to hear that you had a pleasant stay and that our team was able to be helpful. Holiday Inn's have a very high standard on their bed and bedding products - this year, for example, all Holiday Inns have upgraded to the larger pillows to further improve bed comfort. We receive good remarks for the bed comfort and are continually improving. I am sorry if the bed was a little harder than you prefer, and I would hope you would agree that the bed hardness is a very individualized preference -some seem to prefer the harder mattress, while others like the softer option. Thank you very much for taking the time to provide your feedback and we hope to see you again when you return to OKC. -Mike

Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

Front desk staff is hit and miss. Some care, some dont give a dang
Rooms are comfortable but are not that clean on check-in. Fitness room is a joke. 4 broke down cardio machines
Breakfast is not worth the $10 it will cost you.

• Stayed: March 2014

Thank you for your recent stay and for your feedback. I am sorry that you were disappointed with your recent experience at the hotel. I regret your impression of the Front Desk team, and we will address your observation for more consistency. While it is easy to agree that the fitness room is small, I am having trouble identifying the problems you may have experienced with the equipment. We will continue to keep an eye on the equipment as we don't want anyone to have similar disappointments. Thank you again for your valuable feedback, and I hope you will continue to visit Holiday Inn when you travel. -Mike

Reviewed 19 March 2014

Spent three nights and had 5 lukewarm showers and one hot one. Hotel was generally filthy, especially the elevators. Front desk gave lip service to the problems and said they would send maintenance to my room but I told them the problem was not in the room but with the water delivery system. We were in a group of about 80 and the majority had the same problems.

1  Thank Smw312jatc
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Oklahoma City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2014

Dear Smw312jatc,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your recent stay. We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve, and continually provide the best guest experience possible. I'd like to apologize for the issues you experienced at our hotel. I have taken note of your comments regarding the hot water. Please be assured that your feedback will be reviewed and most certainly be forwarded to the appropriate departments.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope that we can better serve you next time.

Connie D

Reviewed 10 March 2014

I go to OKC 4 times a year and have been staying here the past year. This hotel is slowly going downhill and could use some quick changes!!!

Staff - The staff at the front desk are super nice. I've never had a problem with them, and they've always been polite and quite helpful.

Rooms - Slowly showing more and more wear and tear. For my most recent stay, I was in a room that must have been flooded once. (5th floor). The ceiling over the shower had paint/drywall damage, and then I noticed a 4" section lengthwise in the carpeting that had no padding under it. I thought it was odd, and requested to be moved. they did this without any problems

Restaurant - Oh boy. The 'free buffet' is quite poor. I usually just eat the yogurt, and a cup of orange juice as the rest of it is just terrible.

Unfortunately for my next stay, I may move next door to one of the 2 new hotels soon to open.

2  Thank BradM228
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Oklahoma City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2014

Dear BradM228,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. We are sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to the area.

Ferdinand G.

Reviewed 6 March 2014

I am not surprised to see the low ratings for this property. I recently stayed there. I was leaving in the morning and was rushed to get my boarding pass printed out. The printers did not work and I was shocked when the staff, especially the hotel GM, couldn't be more unsympathetic. It's called a "business center" for a reason. They didn't even offer to let me use one of their front desk computers. I was told to go next store to another hotel and ask to use theirs. REALLY??? I am a Priority Club member and stay in a lot of hotels where I let the little things slide. Not in this case. I will not stay here again.

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel
1  Thank djechurch
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Oklahoma City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2014

Dear djechurch,

Thank you for being an IHG Rewards Club Member and writing us a review. We are sincerely sorry for the inconvenience you may have had with the level of service received and if the business center was a disappointment. Your comments are essential for us to improve on what we can offer.

Again, we thank you for your review and our apologies for the inconvenience.

Pam G

Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

We passed up a lot of hotels to stay at a Holiday Inn and usually have great experiences as a Gold elite member but will not be back at this one! Upon our arrival I felt we were being watched the whole time by the owner. In fact he followed us out when we took the luggage cart out to get our suitcases stayed out there walking nearby until we came in. The front desk guy was nice but processed us like cattle.. Rushed, and just like a person not like a guest. Offered us no benefits for being a priority club member. When my husband went down to ask then we were offered points or ONE drink voucher . When I read the other review about the water smelling I was confused but then It made me think about how we smelled after showering. I wondered if it was because we were close to the river or what but we too had a stink after showering. My family of 4 had to share 1 wash rag and 3 full size towels. Had to call and get more. We were on the 5th floor and I guess this is where they put the party animals because we were awoken by drunken people arguing at 2 am in the hall. Had to call the front desk twice about the noise. Our whole family did not get a restful nights sleep and I don't really think I should have to explain to my children why there is yelling in the hallway at early hours in the morning. We had no morning paper delivered to our door. And really wished they offered complimentary coffee down in the lobby. And my girls certainly missed the fresh cookies there are at the Holiday Inn Expresses. I guess the only few positives about this hotel was the pool had salt water instead if the usual strong chlorine pool and the housekeeping ladies were super nice when we asked for another set of lotion to try and cover up the water smell. We will look for another hotel and it might be hard to stay at an ICG hotel next time we are in OKC. Sometimes one bad stay ruins it.

Stayed: February 2014
2  Thank JenniferC C
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Oklahoma City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

Dear JenniferC C,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your recent stay with us. We always try our best to ensure we meet our guests needs and expectations and on this occasion we apologize for your disappointment with the service you received during your stay. We take all feedback seriously. It helps us gauge what we are doing right and what we need to improve on. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Karen C