“Go for the special”

Rococo Restaurant and Fine Wine
Reserve with OpenTable
Rococo Restaurant and Fine Wine is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #223 of 1,633 Restaurants in Oklahoma City
Price range: US$29 - US$31
Cuisines: American, Italian, Seafood, International, Wine Bar
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: NW 28th
Transit: Bus Station located on the corner of 28th & Prnnsylvania Avenue
Tel Aviv, Israel
“Go for the special”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2013

I came to Rococo restaurant on a regular sunday, 4 P.M i went in, the first customer.
i found a nice place at the bar and set down. on the conrner set one of the kitchen cooks and wrote some notes. as he approached the bar to have a word with the bartender i asked if there is any special. he said he just bought a fresh Char fish (wild atlantic salmon) and he's decided to serve it with simple risoto and spinach and a sting of spicy sauce, he didn't try to impress me with it, just told me the facts.
the same guy who was the CHEFF actually served me one of the best dishes i've tasted.

• Visited August 2013

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Wow!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2013

I tried the salmon w/ crab cake (not on the menu) and it' was absolutely fabulous! You won't be disappointed in the taste but it's not cheap.

• Visited August 2013
“Superb, as good as any restaurant in Fort Worth, Tx.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2013

So surprised at the quality of food and wine. Everyone ar the table loved their entree, and we did not even have their steak which is a specialty. We cannit recommend their food highly enough. We are from the dfw metroplex and want them to open a restaurant in dfw.

• Visited July 2013
Oklahoma City
“The Real Truth about Rococo’s Catering”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2013

I want share the hidden truth we discovered about Rococo’s catering business and why you should consider elsewhere when looking for catering. Bruce is the owner of Rococo’s and honestly I hope he loses a lot of business from failing to please this customer’s concerns.

Here is my story. My fiancé and I had scheduled a sampling with Rococo’s for catering our 200 person wedding reception. When we showed up at Rococo’s on Northpark, Sam, who is in charge of catering, greeted us and is by all means one of the nicest people in the business. He was wonderful and brought out delicious tasting samples for us to choose from to compose our menu. Not once were we concerned about the taste of the food, which we both agreed was very good, but we did express concern over the presentation of our food. As many of you may have watched cooking shows, presentation can be just as important as taste. We made it clear that since we were ordering and paying an extra $5 per person for an appetizer plate with 3 small appetizers, that the dish would look very "meager" for our important guests. We were reassured twice that the "plate would be dressed up with some garnish" or either "a drizzle" or something to take up space and make the presentation look "grand."

So we signed a contract and paid for the entire meal upfront. Rococo then had our money. Here is where the wool starts getting pulled over our eyes. We find that it is astonishing (but reality) that once a company has your money, well they really aren’t motivated to address your concerns as much anymore.

Fast forward to the reception dinner, imagine the look on our face when the 3 small appetizers were brought out to each guest on a very large dinner sized EMPTY white plate(imagine 3 cheerios on a plate). There was so much more empty space then there was food. Our presentation concern which we had made a big deal about, was completely forgotten or dismissed. Keep in mind that we have a high expectation for quality (which is why we chose and paid for Rococo’s in the first place). And since the first dish given out for the reception dinner sets a tone for what is to follow, well honestly we were very, very embarrassed and disappointed of our first dish for our cherished guests. Second dish wasn’t any better which was a side salad that looked as sparse as Jason Alexander’s hair from Seinfield. Again, we are not complaining about the quality of food which was good, but the presentation was god awful and embarrassing for a wedding reception.

We tried to contact Rococo’s about our disappointment and after 4 unreturned calls and 4 weeks later, Bruce, the owner, finally contacted me. After re-expressing my concerns, I found him to be very rude and inconsiderate and he completely refused my request for a partial refund of the appetizer portion. To be honest, he offered me a $100 gift card, but after the way he talked down to me and saying that he delivered food as promised (“who cares about presentation?” – was basically what he said), I frankly refused it as I will not be dining there ever again. He could not and choose not to understand how important presentation can be when delivering a meal.

Well there it is, word of warning to other’s considering Rococo’s. Once they got your money, don’t be surprised if they don’t deliver as promised. And don’t even think about getting a refund from Bruce, the owner, because honestly he doesn’t care if you are satisfied or not.

• Visited April 2013
3 Thank Bluemedgroup
Jacksonville, Florida
“Consistent food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2013

Every time I've been here, the food, drinks, and service have all been spectacular. The grilled salmon is the best I've had in the city, and the asparagus side is amazing. Their blue cheese cookies are to die for! And each time I've been, the staff has been incredible. They have personalities and make you laugh, but also maintain a sense of elegance and class. This is one of my top places to eat in OKC!

• Visited May 2013