“Great if you love beer”

McNellie's Public House
Ranked #133 of 1,696 Restaurants in Oklahoma City
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 26 May 2013

Quick business dinner with co-worker. This is a go to place if you are consummate home-brew and draught beer drinker. Being a wino, it didn't do much for me. But, it is a really cool place to see and be seen with a multi-level bar-restaurant set up.

Food was a bit disappointing. Had the Steak Frites. Steak was thin and over-done, but the sweet potato French fries were very good. The cheese and fruit plate for the appetizer was really good and plentiful. Overall, good experience. Go for the beers and maybe the food... May need another visit to try something else to improve my outlook on the place...

Reviewed 24 May 2013

One of the best pubs I've ever been to. Their beer menu (and knowledge) is vast but not intimidating. Their kitchen is equally impressive. They don't have a huge menu, but everything on it they do very well. Their Reuben sandwich is the best one I've ever had. Their sweet potato fries are excellent, and you can ask for beer battered fries too (they're not on the menu).

The atmosphere is great and NOT dark and dirty as most pubs can be. Their 3rd floor is the place to be if you fancy a smoke the rest of the place is smoke-free. They always have an event going on of sorts. Check it out and visit often.

Reviewed 7 May 2013

While this seems like a pub upon entry- they have HUNDREDS of beers- the food was spectacular. And, the service was even better! we tried a bunch of different things, but the fish and chips are probably the best in the place!

Reviewed 8 April 2013 via mobile

We were here for a birthday party in a reserved room. Due to the size of the party the hosts were required to select certain menu options for the group. Upon choosing, from an already limited menu, an option for my meal the server took my order only to return a few moments later advising that they were out of my requested item, thus limiting my options further. She was very accommodating though and allowed those of us that chose the now non-available option to order from the full menu. Once the order arrived i was extremely disappointed. The meat loaf sandwich (or something similarly named) was very bland. It was nowhere near what I remembered on previous occasions. The beer selection is good however they were out of at least two of the choices I selected throughout the course of the night. I've been very pleased with McNellies on past visits but this visit was very disappointing.

Reviewed 2 March 2013

McNellies is quite possibly my favorite pub in OKC. The food is always good, even $3 burger and fries on Wednesday is great, despite the influx of patrons.
If you're looking to try new beers, this is the place to go. The bar staff is usually on their A-game and have always been courteous to me, at least. They're also very helpful if you have no idea where to start. The atmosphere is usually fairly noisy, but I much prefer this.