“Isola Bella round 2”
Review of Isola Bella

Isola Bella
Reviewed 19 March 2014

I previously reviewed Isola Bella just over a year ago while I was attending FAA Terminal School. I went back for another 4-weeks while I attended RTF. My experience was pretty much a repeat of the first stay. The staff is fantastic...Sheila is the head concierge and will help with anything you need. Laura works at the pavilion and is great. Donal (yes, no d) is the bartender at the pavilion and he can actually mix a drink and is always good for a laugh. The food is still good and dinner provides a decent variety, breakfast was basically the same each morning, but still plenty of choices. I didn't have a car and the use of their new and low mile courtesy cars was great for quick errands to the store, bank, etc. There is a relatively new neighborhood Wal-Mart a short walk from IB. The rooms have been improved, but nothing fancy. Enjoy your stay.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Sean B

Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

Booked this hotel with Priceline. With Priceline, sometimes you win and sometimes you lose. We lost big on this one! This place is a dump!

This place is an apartment complex that sells rooms that our vacant. Pay a little extra and get a real hotel. You'll be glad you did.

Stayed: March 2014
3  Thank Rpmurph50
Reviewed 15 March 2014

I've stayed at Isola Bella three times now. As an adjuster who travels for storms, staying anywhere from 1 to 3 weeks, it's hard to find comfortable accommodations for a good price. Note that this is the right place for the frequent business traveler who doesn't have the luxury of uncapped rates; perfect for those staying for a week or more, such as adjusters, PDR, electricians, cable layers, those of us have stayed in just about every hotel except for the Hilton or Intercontinental. It's also great for families who need to spread out, because this is an APARTMENT with FULL size everything and FREE everything. Not only is the straight rate for a one bedroom apartment is less than the cramped Holiday Inn a few miles away, the savings are even more when you add up eating out for dinner every night since Holiday Inn has neither free dinner nor a full size kitchen for cooking.

This is an apartment community that is partially converted into furnished short-term stay lodging without the minimum-stay requirement that often comes with short-term lodging. Think Candlewood but it's a full sized apartment with full size furnishings for everything (includes linens, dishes, flatware, cookware, etc).

Free breakfast and dinner, free wifi, free use of fleet cars (2 hours at a time, I believe), maid service once per week, adequate parking, multiple pools, fitness center, onsite convenience store, and a gas station next door with free movie rentals with proof of stay at Isola Bella.

Service is great, front desk is always friendly and accommodating, although sometimes there is a bit of a wait.

Just can't beat the value. I traveled for 7 years on the catastrophe team for a big brand insurance company, spending three weeks per trip and (what felt like) more time in OKC than my actual home in KC, and I wish they would've put us up here for all those years so I didn't have to lug around my "mobile kitchen in a laundry basket".

Room Tip: Don't be intimidated by the large size of this outfit; every room is within a few minutes walk t...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank sskeels15
Reviewed 31 January 2014

Pools (yes more than one) not a hotel room but rather an apartment, full size fridge, stove, dining room table, living room with couch and recliner, bedroom. Some even have dishwasher, washer and dryers in them! They server a great breakfast and dinner (FOR FREE) Rooms are central heat and air! They have a full rec center, didn't use it last time but I believe it has indoor pool, basketball court and maybe a tennis court not sure on that one, but also cardio and weights. Gated area for your security! Friendly employees that go out of their way to help you! Want a place to stay for a night or a week this is it! If I lived in the city I would love to live there!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank bobbyf970
Reviewed 23 January 2014

When we arrived we were "upgraded" to a 3 bedroom unit that they referred to as The Villas. We were also told that they were completely full during our stay. The unit was in a terrible location, requiring us to drive to all the amenities at the facility.

When we arrived at our unit we found:
- Bugs - Both living and dead
- Filthy molding that was partially painted
- Filthy floors
- Dead bugs in light fixtures
- Burnt out light bulbs (approximately half worked)
- Garbage outside our unit - both sides (there was even a pile of cardboard on our patio)
- Broken power switch on coffee maker (we were able to stick a knife in it to get it to work!!!)
- Garbage disposal didn't work (water barely drained through that side of sink)
- Cracked countertops
- Extra chain/wire on hanging light (i guess whoever installed it was too lazy to remove it)
- Massive pothole when you go through the gate

Best of all was that after I arrived home I discovered I was overcharged on room tax. I sent an email to Isola Bella to resolve this and it took 4 days and 3 contacts by me to get a response. I sent them pictures and told them about my experience and they took another 4 days to get back to me.

They offered me a free night, but it seems like that would be punishment to have to stay here again!

I can only assume that since this is a huge complex that some of the units are great and some are horrible, which is why they get such different reviews.

The only plus side was that the breakfast was ok.

Room Tip: Ask for a good unit?
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank jjl12345
David C M, General Manager at Isola Bella, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2014

Isola Bella strives to make each stay enjoyable for our guests, and we fell very short in this instance. We do pay attention to each review and we do use all comments as a way to improve each guest experience. A walk through of this room was completed and particular attention was paid those issues addressed. It is unacceptable that your inquires went so long without response, as our standard is to reach out immediately in an effort to address any concerns. We do appreciate your comments and will make changes to our procedures.

Reviewed 16 January 2014

I do not understand why someone would add negative comment for this Hotel. We stayed at Isola Bella Many times. This time I loged for 3 months with my children. We had a wonderful time. The apartments are perfect for Family stay. The daily dinner,what is included in the stay, is very good.
I also had to use the business area many time to print and to scan documents. I was not charged for any printing or scanning. What I was charged for in many other hotels before.
Also the staff is very friendly and any requests I had were taking care of right away. I have not used the spa and therefore not able to provide any information. However, the Gym is very good and has very helpful trainers there as well.
This was not the first time we stayed there. We stay at Isola Bella every time we in Oklahoma and we love to come back.

Room Tip: All rooms are good. However I enjoy the lake few.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Summer1128
Reviewed 28 December 2013

It was so good that we are seriously planing to move full time to Isola Bella! All was clean, food was great with plenty of time to have it, it was also a great economical advantage during our trip because you initiate with a good breakfast and arrive home with a dinner waiting for you, no need to spend money, time or work during your work day outside. You arrive home to relax. The sport center have a place for all sports,, even boxing area that is not usual in other hotels, paradise for martial arts fans. Good internet, fast and realiable, wifi and cable conection. And the Isola Bella personel is always respectfull and motivate to assist you. Plus the area has a very good location and is secure. You feel that is not a hotel, it is your dream home!

• Stayed: December 2013