“Room fine - front desk horrible”

Comfort Inn & Suites Oklahoma City West - I-40
Ranked #45 of 154 Hotels in Oklahoma City
Reviewed 10 March 2014

After reading reviews we decided to stay here. Front desk person was very unpleasant. After I took a cookie off of baking sheet b4 it made it to tray for guests (me bad). She asked if I did it which I readily admitted and apologized. She then went on to me, and later to my husband, about how she will have to look over security tapes. She was crabby when I told her I could not figure out how to use treadmill (seems one must use a magnetic key) and didn't want to help us find a good restaurant. I have never had such a crabby person at a front desk. FYI, room was nice and breakfast people were very pleasant.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Maureen D
rohitkpatel, Owner at Comfort Inn & Suites Oklahoma City West - I-40, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2014

Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced in respect to how our front desk staff handled the situation. Anytime a non-employee goes into restricted areas and takes something we have to follow security protocols so she told you she had to review the security tapes. Next time just ask the front desk and we'll be happy give you as many cookies as you can eat. At Comfort Inn and Suites Airport we take pride in ensuring our customer’s satisfaction. Unfortunately, we did not meet your—or our own—expectations and we will be offering additional training to our employees on how to handle these situations. Thank you for taking the time to leave us these comments and I assure you we will take care of this issue immediately. I hope you consider to stay with us in the future. We deeply value our guests relationship with Comfort Inn and Suites Airport and are committed to providing you with the highest level of service simply because our customers deserve the very best. If you have any further questions or comments regarding this matter, please feel free to discuss it with us at 405-470-7676.

Reviewed 24 February 2014

This hotel is pretty consistent with the reviews. We had a good stay, breakfast was good and the people were very nice. Beds were comfortable and would stay here again.You can't go wrong with this one.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Mary F
rohitkpatel, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Oklahoma City West - I-40, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

Thank you so much for your recent stay at the Comfort Inn and Suites Airport . We greatly appreciate your visit and positive review and we hope you'll stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 11 February 2014

First off, DON'T USE GOOGLE MAPS OR WAZE TO GET TO THIS HOTEL. We did, and ended up two miles west of where the hotel actually was. It's on MacArthur, not on Council. Evidently there's been construction around there recently and the map providers haven't picked up on it yet. We ended up calling the hotel and spoke to the lady at the front desk, who was very nice and courteous and helpful. We got a handicapped room (we didn't ask for one but I think we were the first to check in that day) and were very pleased with it. The beds have two sets of pillows, one soft and one firm which is nice because my wife and I both like different pillows. We were in town for a visit with friends and a Thunder game, and it was very conveniently located for both purposes. The breakfast was excellent, and a lot more than you get at a lot of other hotels' free breakfasts. I thought the mattress was fine but my wife (who is a little more sensitive to a bed's comfort, I can sleep just about anywhere) thought it was a little hard. Both of us got good sleep though. Overall, one of the best hotels I've stayed at, not only for the price.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kyle C
rohitkpatel, Owner at Comfort Inn & Suites Oklahoma City West - I-40, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I will contact google maps and waze to make sure they correct the directions to our hotel. I'm glad that you enjoyed our rooms and breakfast. We have recently upgraded our bedding in all of our guest rooms. Thank you again for leaving us this nice review and I will share your feedback with all our staff members. I hope you come back and stay with us in the future.

Reviewed 7 February 2014

We chose this hotel based on the reviews below and were not at all disappointed.

The property is convenient to the I-40 and very easy to get to.

It is clean, well maintained and the staff are welcoming and friendly. The room and bed was a comfortable as any we have stayed at on the trip.

It is not the Ritz, but it is very good value for money and that is not something to be sneezed at nowadays.

The breakfast is typical of free breakfasts: Lots of everything to satisfy most people, but not overly inspired. Not great, but certainly not bad.

We will very likely stay there again on the way back home, particularly as they gave us a coupon for 20% off on the next stay.

We didn't use room service so couldn't rate it

An extra tip: Just on the other side of the I-40 from the hotel are a plethora of restaurants. We lucked into the Texas Roadhouse where we were met with open arms, ate excessively well at an astoundingly good price, a big bag of good peanuts for the road and an invitation back (with a free appetizer thrown in as well).

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank JLicharson
Reviewed 4 February 2014 via mobile

For the last 2 years I've been staying there twice a week and it is my home away from home they have an excellent staff clean rooms great breakfast that's why I stay or twice a week and I will continue staying there .

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Frederick-Lop
Reviewed 30 January 2014 via mobile

Brand new hotel at a great price. Stayed one night for business. Hotel is super clean and bright. Rooms were spotless and new. Close to will Rogers airport. Lobby was very clean and staff was friendly. Bathroom was new and clean. Comfortable bed. Would stay again with no problem.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Ecu_jmw
Reviewed 3 January 2014 via mobile

Got this room for my mom stopping through cause of weather.....good room nice people reasonable rate. Good stop off highway. All rooms inside so good for single woman traveling solo. When called clerk and asked questions very friendly and helpful.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo