“Temperature control uncomfortable”

Holiday Inn & Suites Oklahoma City/North Quail
Ranked #78 of 151 Hotels in Oklahoma City
Reviewed 4 May 2013 via mobile

Our room was clean and well appointed but unable to control the temperature. The room was too cool no matter how the thermostat was set. There is no heat at all in the bathroom. The hotel restaurant is closed from breakfast untill dinner. There is no complimentary coffee station in the lobby. The hotel staff were pleasant and accommodating but just not much to offer for the price. I was disappointed after staying in several wonderful Holiday Inn Expresses across the country and expected a Holiday inn and suites to be even better. But that was not the case.

• Stayed: May 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Oklahoma City/North Quail, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2013

Dear JHanlon277,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We strive to accommodate all of our guests and their needs and I’m disappointed that we did not meet your expectations. I am sorry for any inconvenience you experienced due to the room temperature. I understand the discomfort this caused you. Again, I do apologize and regret that this impacted your experience at our hotel.

I want to extend my personal apology, and to thank you for helping us improve our hotel and services. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel and replace your bad experience with one that reflects our true standards.

Without your guest feedback we cannot continue to improve our services. We look forward to your return.

Ferdinand G

Reviewed 26 March 2013

I book hotels for our Lacrosse team at home and I had recently found a fabulous Holiday Inn in Mckinney, TX. I normally stay at an Express, but the hotel at Mckinney was so awesome that I chose to stay at a full Holiday Inn in Quail Springs for our Spring Break vacation.
Upon arrival the lobby was nice and the men at the counter were ready to serve. They did recognize me as a priority club member and I received coupons for free breakfast the next day. That was good. However, when we got up to our room, the key did not work so we had to go back downstairs to have that corrected. Once we got into the room it smelled as if someone had just been in there using the bathroom. Upon Further investigation (wish I took pictures) i was the bathtub was filthy and had what looked like rust stains inside. I sure didn't want to sit in that. We called the front desk and told them about the issue and they said to come back down for another room. When I got there, the manager on duty told me that they did indeed have a backed up sewer on that side of the hotel and all those rooms had that odor. He said they should probably call the city. I asked him if he knew about the issue, why were we put in that room? no response, no upgrade, no refund, just a key to a new room and an eye roll.
We did like the rest of our stay. On the day we left, i asked to see the General manager. She came out and I explained the situation. Her response was he way lying to me and she would get on to him about it. She knew nothing about any sewer issue. Just bad city water she said. She did not try to explain the stains or dirt in the bathtub. No offer to make it up to us and poor taste in calling her employee a liar to a customer. Won't be back and will read the reviews better before booking my personal hotel again. Not all Holiday Inn's are run the same.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Tracy C
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Oklahoma City/North Quail, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2013

Dear Tracy C,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. It is nice to hear that you did not encounter any difficulties at check in. However, I would like to apologize for any inconvenience the bathroom conditions may have caused you. Our goal is to provide clean and comfortable stay to all of our valued guest and make their stay a memorable one and the issues you have raised will be addressed and appropriate actions will be taken. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Janice A

Reviewed 14 March 2013

Customer service at the front of the house was the worst!

I had a small group of 8 rooms and everyone had different problems, one got checked into a room that was occupied, one had no toilet paper and requested some and the front desk person argued that he did have enough (what?) yes it happened, on my way in my taxi cab driver was lost getting there and the front desk person didn't know how to help us out nor offered to google it to help... The same person from my call also started telling me her boyfriend got fired and I had to tell her that I didn't need to know this... It still goes on. Horrible customer service. Another room, when they were checking in had the another front desk person eating at the desk...

All the above is very unacceptable. The hotel just hasn't been trained or something but shouldn't have a Holiday Inn Flag!

Rooms were nice and new but customer service was crappy.

Room Tip: Don't waste your time with their customer service. Rooms are nice but not service.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Oklahoma City/North Quail, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2013

Dear Mike C,

Thank you for your feedback of our hotel. It is pleasing to know that you found our rooms to be nice and comfortable. However, please accept my apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced with the mishaps in the staff's service. I will relay your comments to them so that they can continuously improve on their efforts.

Pam G.

Reviewed 11 March 2013

We had a great stay. Bid the room for $61. Arrived 15 minutes before check-in and our assigned room was not cleaned yet. They upgraded us to a king suite. It was very nice and quiet. Had breakfast buffet for $7. It was okay. Might order from the menu next time. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kennajack
Reviewed 7 March 2013

Stayed for one night on business and was disappointed. The hotel lobby is very nice, very modern. Upon check-in, the woman at the front desk was on her cell phone and told me about some of her personal life. Honestly, I don't want to hear that. There needs to be some level of professionalism.

To use the internet in the business center, you have to use an Access Code to get on the internet, which is not typically common. The problem was that the access code was not in the business center and I had to walk out of the room to get it from the front desk. Very inconvenient.

Our group had a business meeting in one of the hotel's meeting spaces in the morning. The woman (didn't get the name) who was in charge of the breakfast was fantastic! The color scheme on the projector was not working and the colors on our presentation were off.

Room was average and good size. There are many restaurants/shopping options near the hotel and adjacent to the highway.

There is definitely room for improvement at this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Oklahoma City/North Quail, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2013

Dear DoubleEm,

Ferdinand G.

Reviewed 23 January 2013

We enjoyed our stay here. Very nice facility and the rooms were clean and well-equipped. The only downside was our experience in the hotel restaurant for breakfast. The buffet was decent, but they didn't explain (until we had already fixed plates) that the kids eat free doesn't apply to the buffet. The kids had to order off the menu. They did make an exception that time since we weren't told otherwise. Also, some of our party ordered off the menu and it literally took an hour to get three omelets. It was ridiculous. Stay here, but skip the breakfast.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank Dhzkfallis
Reviewed 24 November 2012

We needed a room to stay in for a couple of nights while visiting family in Edmund. Through a Priceline bid we ended up at this hotel ($60 a night). Being new, the decor and furnishings in both the room and lobby had a nice and modern style. We were upgraded to a suite for free when we shared that we had the Holiday Inn Preferred card. The beds were comfortable and plenty of dresser and closet space. There was an in room coffee pot and small refrigerator. The hotel is located very near the Quail Springs Mall, so there were lots of options for restaurants and movie theaters. This was a great place/ value for a weekend.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank ARTravelmamma
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oklahoma City
SpringHill Suites Oklahoma City Quail Springs
SpringHill Suites Oklahoma City ...
#89 of 151 in Oklahoma City
Four Points By Sheraton Oklahoma City Quail Springs
Four Points By Sheraton Oklahoma...
#81 of 151 in Oklahoma City
Hilton Garden Inn Oklahoma City North Quail Springs
Hilton Garden Inn Oklahoma City ...
#26 of 151 in Oklahoma City
Staybridge Suites Oklahoma City - Quail Springs
Staybridge Suites Oklahoma City ...
#52 of 151 in Oklahoma City
Courtyard Oklahoma City North
Holiday Inn Express Oklahoma City Northwest Quail Springs
Holiday Inn Express Oklahoma Cit...
#54 of 151 in Oklahoma City

Been to Holiday Inn & Suites Oklahoma City/North Quail? Share your experiences!