“Hotel needs new staff”

Ranked #81 of 150 Hotels in Oklahoma City
Ok
“Hotel needs new staff”
Reviewed 20 October 2013 via mobile

Ignored when we walked into lobby to check in. Rude at check in sorry we made you get out of your chair. Came back that evening two employes again ignored us. Took over 10 minutes for dirty elevator that did not stop correctly on the floors. Reservation was for 2 night put an express bill under my door we left after I night. Usually stay at Hilton Garden Inn next door I will make sure I make my reservation in advance will not stay at this hotel again the owner needs to fire the entire front desk staff.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank sugarlandok
Kimberly B, Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Oklahoma City/North Quail, responded to this review, 23 October 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding customer service. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and We will address these points. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Fayetteville, Arkansas
Reviewed 23 September 2013

We loved our stay here. The room was large and comfortable. It was really, really nice. We would stay here again when we are in Oklahoma City. We could not find a single flaw in this hotel, the bed was comfortable and the air conditioning worked well.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 46749
Kimberly B, Regional Director of Operations at Holiday Inn & Suites Oklahoma City/North Quail, responded to this review, 3 October 2013
We are so grateful for your kind words! We certainly hope to see you again when your future travels bring you to the area.
Ogden, Utah
Reviewed 4 September 2013

I walked in and there was not one person to check me in. After a few minutes wait, someone showed up but not even an apology. The staff was not friendly at all. I finally got checked in to my room and there was a horrible smell. I called the front desk and there was no answer. Obviously taking care of people is not a priority. I left the hotel for dinner and did not arrive back until late. Upon return, the desk staff just glared at me and didn't say a word. In the morning I left as soon as I could. I will not be back.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Oklahoma City/North Quail, responded to this review, 21 September 2013
Dear Shannon B,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding customer service from front desk and the room smell. We will address these points. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 5 August 2013

While planning for a visit to the OKC area for a family wedding, we reserved 2 rooms and recommended this hotel for another family in our group. We arrived at 3:15, but check-in was not until 4pm and the did not have any rooms ready. I explained we had to be at a family wedding by 5:30 and needed to get in as soon as possible to change and get ready. We waited in the lobby (right next to the check-in desk) with all the other waiting guests, trying to corral a toddler that had been travelling in the car all day. Finally, at 4pm I asked if our rooms were ready. "Oh yes". Really, it would have been nice knowing we were desperate to get into our rooms, if you had called us over to get us in, but that would require a little effort on the check-in staff.

Upon entering the room, we were greeted with the most unpleasant smell. Did not quite seem like tobacco, but it was bad. Not having time to go down to request another room, knowing some of our family was still waiting for their room until 4:20, we accepted that room. Seems we got used to the smell somewhat, but upon returning after the wedding, the stench hit us again. One family had a slight hint of this smell, while another family room on another floor did not. A review on the Holiday Inn website dated 7/02 also mentioned this smell along with seeing a fan on wet carpet. So, a month later they still have this stench in the rooms.

The next morning, four of us went down for our breakfast. It was set up in a buffet style, no waiters taking orders or refilling coffee and no appearance of any place to pay for the meal. I had been told the Holiday Inns were full service in contrast to Holiday Inn Express that offers complimentary continental breakfasts. However, there would not be any charges to Priority Club members, which we are. Three of our group had already filled their plates and sat down. As I was filling my plate, a young man came up to me and told me there weren't any free breakfasts on the weekend. Where in the world did this comment come from! I explained that I specifically discussed the breakfast with the front desk when I checked-in and was told there would not be a charge. He asked me if I had a coupon. A coupon? Where do you get a coupon? The front desk gives them to you when you check in. Really? You would think if I am discussing the breakfast with them, duh! I think I will give her a coupon. Lousy service! No one else in our group was asked for a coupon and we did not observe any other guests being required to have a coupon.

When you read a review and see where an establishment has terrible customer service, take it to heart. I figured you only had to deal with them on check-in, but they can really sour you on a business. I have no plans to stay at another Holiday Inn.

Room Tip: Be aware of the check-in time! 4pm is too late.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
I apologize for your dissatisfaction with our hotel. We certainly try to take care of all our guests, and clearly we dropped the ball with you. I would love the chance to make this right by you, so I hope you'll take the time to contact me if your travels bring you back to the area. I would be more than happy to personally take care of you to show you that this is not how our hotel regularly operates. We genuinely do care about and appreciate all of our guests, and if you'll allow us, we definitely want to take care of you next time.
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed 8 July 2013

I stayed at this hotel in OKC for a few nights on business and it was adequate. Checkin was ok, not fast, not friendly. The desk staff at this hotel could use some lessons in hospitality. I stopped by the next day to let them know my room was available for cleaning since I'd had the do not disturb sign out and they looked at me like I was an idiot and did not utter a response. I was shocked the room had been cleaned when I returned, so I guess the message got relayed. Anyway, this hotel I believe is undergoing some kind of maintenance, so I don't know how loud it is for some guests. The lobby was kind of torn up while I was there. The room itself was large and comfortable. Felt like it could have used a couch or a table there was so much space. The tv had trouble with TNT when I was trying to watch the NBA playoffs, big thumbs down there. One big plus is this property is located next door to a Rudy's BBQ, amazing food if you're ever had it.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank wdharrington
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Oklahoma City/North Quail, responded to this review, 25 July 2013
Dear wdharrington,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. Please allow us to apologize for the service you encountered and the unusual condition of our hotel did not live up to your expectations. We also apologize for the challenges you had with you in-room Tv. Your feedback is very important to us as this assists us in continually improving the services and facilities we offer to our guests. Your review will be used to consider improvements needed and we hope that you can give us a chance to show what we have done.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed 2 July 2013

We booked this hotel for out of town wedding guests and each guest experienced poor service in one form or another. Prior to choosing this hotel, we met with the director of sales and agreed upon room rates which included breakfast. None of our guests were notified that breakfast was included and they were not given breakfast coupons upon checkin. Upon inquiring about breakfast, they were told that there was no record of it being included. In addition, several rooms were not ready upon check-in. There were also issues with phones, card keys and coffee makers. The facility was nice but the service was poor for our guests.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Kimberly B, Regional Director of Operations at Holiday Inn & Suites Oklahoma City/North Quail, responded to this review, 8 July 2013
I am sorry to hear you were dissatisfied with our hotel. We certainly want our guests to feel like they are taken care of while they are with us. I would love the opportunity to show you this was a one time occurrence, and not how our hotel regularly operates. Please feel free to contact me directly, should you like to discuss this situation further. I look forward to hearing from you!
Huntsville, Canada
Reviewed 27 June 2013

Great customer service with indoor pool, small exercise facility, courtesy van, within walking distance of some restaurants and free breakfast for groups. Food average. Small meeting space. Average business center.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank LandaCRS
So glad to hear you enjoyed your stay! Please look us up when you return to the area!