“Good food, could have better service”
Review of Republic Gastropub

Republic Gastropub
Ranked #37 of 1,703 Restaurants in Oklahoma City
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I love the atmosphere that this place has, very modern and open. The outdoor seating has their own tv's so thats nice as well. Very loud and the service is sometimes hit or miss. Been here several times and more often than not the server just doesn't seem to care all that much but the huge beer selection and fish and chips have us coming back. Sides are extra on most things so that is kind of annoying but the portions of the burgers are good

Reviewed 15 June 2014

had a chance to come to OKC for a meeting. was hungry. came to republic on the way. the world cup soccer matches were going on. i was lucky enough to get a table. ordered a bunch of food.

i was not disappointed. the food was nice, good and consistent. i have been here before. the crowd was a bit overwhelming. i dont know what i was thinking. however, it settled down. the big screens and so many of them. definitely a great place if you have a gang to watch an event, especially the THUNDER. they love their team.

finished off the food and slowly made my way to my meeting.

would definitely suggest as a stop over. the food is good but i agree a bit pricey. but then again, since the oil boom nothing in OKC is that cheap anymore.

enjoy. and go Netherlands.

Reviewed 13 June 2014

Adult son & I were in town and my (one of 2) best pals from wayyy back in hs and her daughter
wanted to go here. They picked us up at 6 pm, we had a reservation for 4, right by the very extensive bar area with HUGE tv's (multiple) playing different sports events. I'm not a sports fan,
don't like LOUD places but if you are young and you do, you will love this place. They have an
extensive beer menu which my son totally appreciated. 2 of the ladies ordered pretty salads which they loved. Son ordered fish & chips which he said were 'almost as good as Seattle' (to die for there at one particular place we have visited). I had an asian salmon plank. It was good, not great, not really any Asian flavor. The string potatoes I ordered were too greasy for me. My friend's daughter wanted us to have the hot doughnuts w dipping sauces (3) for dessert. Three of us ordered coffee and when we all started to drink we all said 'it's COLD.' The waitress took away the cups and 15 min later brought us HOT coffee; alas, not in time to enjoy w the hot doughnuts.
Yes, those are relish.

We had fun, we enjoyed ourselves but, to me, as an 'older adult' it is not my kind of place on a Friday night. Too loud, too sports oriented.

The total tab for 4 was 118 (w/o tip) which is not bad for a total of 5 drinks and meals & coffee and
splitting an order of 'hot' doughnuts & sauces.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

$12 for a thin piece of meatloaf ??? And you pay extra for sides. $4 for a small bowl of macaroni ??? Wow. It was good food - great atmosphere - I'd rather go to Bricktown

Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

This would be a great place for a game we went just for lunch with friends. The food was good...pub food so not an extensive menu. The service rocked, we had told the server that it was our first time for menu recommendations and he delivered. Overall great time had by all.