“Nice atmosphere and good food.”
Review of Kyles 1025 - CLOSED

Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: North Western Avenue
Reviewed 22 October 2012

My wife and I dined at Kyles 1025 for our anniversary. There is a good variety of foods, with lots of southern items. We had the chicken liver appetizer and it was wonderful. There was so many that we took more than half of them home. I had the fried chicken and my wife had the salmon. We both thought the food was very hot and tasty. The service was great, but there weren't many diners at the time. The only negative item was the coconut meringue pie. It wasn't really meringue, or it didn't taste like meringue. More like whipped cream. But overall the food and service was very good.

Reviewed 15 September 2012

I like the concept of the restaurant...I miss the Oklahoma City restaurants of the old days...But food wise I've moved on....I felt the food very high fat Paula Deen southern, I don't eat like that anymore...and Southern Food doesn't have to be that way..Fried pickels ?..but I like trying new places...I thank God there is an Urbanspoon ,so diners have chance to know what a restaurant is like before going...This place is a great local restaurant hang out for" Old" school Oklahoma City people....but not a special destination restaurant...and I really don't think it stacks up with the likes of Delores's Restaurant or Glenn's Hickory Inn from days gone by..I knew those restaurants and this one isn't close to the standards...

Reviewed 14 July 2012 via mobile

First I want to say I don't think that the plates were $30 average like this site is saying. My dish was like $12-14. I ordered the pan fried chicken and it was awesome. I ate it all. I almost never eat chicken with skin and bones but the skin crisps up very well. The seasoning was light but flavorful. I love the little building this is in and the lounge area is hidden behind a secret passageway. The pumpkin muffins they serve are good and not something you get everyday. The apple butter though is a waste of their time because it is gross. Spiced up applesauce really. Anyway I would give this place a try for something different. This was a special date night but i could see going with family, friends or just for drinks.

Reviewed 23 January 2012

The chicken fried fillet was pretty crazy and the other dishes seem to be a compilation of other old OKC resturaunt favorites. It was a near plate cleaning for us which is unusual.

Reviewed 16 June 2011

My wife and I enjoy Kyle's for a quiet evening of fine dining. But we also enjoy Kyle's with the family for a night out with good food. It is that kind of place. Right now the food and the ambience both feature the best from the 75 years the establishment has been in business from the beginnings as a speakeasy, to the legendary Charlie Newtons, then Newton's and now as Kyle's 1025, as well as other restaurants from Oklahoma City's past. The quality of service matches the level of the food so it is always an excellent experience. If you have not been there for years or not at all you owe it to yourself to give it a try.

1  Thank ikiser