“Great great Italian food”
Review of Trattoria Il Centro - CLOSED

Cuisines: Italian
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Main and Walker
Reviewed 16 August 2012

My number one favorite restaurant in OKC. Oklahoma is not known for it's Italian cuisine but this hidden gem is my fave. The carpaccio is perfect, the fettucine is perfect, the pizza rocks and the prices are perfect. Not too many people take the time to find the location as it is not really on the beaten path, but they really should.

Reviewed 25 February 2012

Stopped here before the show at the Civic Center. We had ten people so we made a reservation in advance. I was very happy that when we got there, our table was ready. Drink orders were taken and we waited for awhile and just took in the atmosphere which I really enjoyed. I understand that ten people is sometimes a hard party to take care of so we were patient. It took awhile to get our order in but we had drinks and bread while we waited. The food arrived in spurts, some members of our party not getting their's until others were almost done. And a couple of meals came out cold. We had to ask where the last meal was since we were starting to finish up and one lady had not even gotten hers. But it arrived and we were still pretty happy. We finished our meals and then you won't believe what happened. When the waitress brought the bill, she explained that an 18%gratuity was included in the bill which I expected, but, and I quote her here, " you should feel free to up that to the normal 20%". I looked at her in shock and actually had no idea how to respond. I quickly signed the bill, holding my tongue since we needed to get to the play. It left quite a bad taste in our mouths. We talked about it amongst ourselves as we walked to the theatre. Everyone liked their food, even the cold and late meals. I had the lobster parmesan risotto and it was excellent. But, for as much as all the meal cost, they should have been served on time and hot. Bottom line, the food here is good but the service made the dinner less than stellar. It's somwhere that I might try again. Hopefully they can learn from their mistakes.

Reviewed 20 February 2012

We stopped in for dinner inbetween showings of "Mama-Mia". Although they asked if we had a reservation, we didn't need it. Had cocktails, dinner and dessert in a pleasant cosmopolitan atmosphere with very attentive service. Not feeling rushed at all, we were still able to make our shift for the second showing. We will come here again.

1  Thank mkmoref
Reviewed 11 November 2011

The food here is very good. The service is good, but not great. The prices are reasonable for a downtown restaurant.
I started with the caprese salad and while it was very good, it was too small for the price. My spouse had a ceasar and she said it tasted fine but was also a little small for the cost.
I followed with the Rigatoni Buterra - Rigatoni with tomato cream sauce with spicy Italian sausage, peas, red pepper flakes and parmesan cheese. Very tasty and properly portioned.
My spouse had Chicken Rapino Alfredo. This was penne pasta, sauced correctly (not soupy or of such quantity it drowned all other flavors) and a little under-chickened, but still very good and more than she could finish.
The bread is also very good, but we had to flag down the waiter to get more.
Over all, a satisfying meal and I will return to try other offerings.

Reviewed 18 September 2011

The food was great. The service was spectacular. Nothing but a fabulous experience all the way around!

1  Thank Lmd405