“Restaurant is excellent, Bartender very rude”
Review of Ludivine

Ludivine
Reserve with OpenTable
Ludivine is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #90 of 1,695 Restaurants in Oklahoma City
Price range: US$10 - US$36
Cuisines: Contemporary, Bar
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 7th & Hudson
Description: Ludivine is known for it's daily changing menu, chef's tasting menu (with carefully selected wine pairings), roasted bone marrow, and vibrant charcuterie platters. The bar boasts an impressive line-up spirits, fresh herbs, unique tinctures, and hand-made syrups and every drink is shaken, stirred and mixed to perfection.
Reviewed 4 August 2014

This restaurant has gone to great effort to have a unique setting for the OKC area. The menu is very well paired with entrees and side dishes to compliment the meal and uses fresh, local ingredients in season. The atmosphere is fresh and earthy, waitstaff is great and the food quality very high. There is a bar in the back of the restaurant and, if the right kind of bartender is working to finish your great experience, it is a good place to start or end your evening. Our bartender on this night was less than happy to serve us, so we left after one cocktail. I will have my cocktail at the table in the future.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Had gone there several times during H8TH and really enjoyed the variety of unique appetizers. Last time June 27, no longer offering special menu for H8TH. It appears they don't want to deal with H8TH crowd ( I understand), regular dining is good, food is pricey for portions and the selection is very unique. Service for us was good. If you want to try really different food and some really good coctails in a really cool enviroment this is a great place. If you are looking for more traditional food, just get drinks, and don't go on H8TH night. LOL

1  Thank chris p
Reviewed 30 June 2014

This was our second visit to Ludivine. The first was on a Tuesday night. The restaurant was fairly busy but not totally packed. On that first visit, the service and food were excellent. Based on that experience, we decided to return - this time on a Friday evening. During this last visit, Ludivine was packed and we were seated at one of their tables jammed in the center of the restaurant. Hint: unless you like being bumped often by waiters and diners walking by, ask for a table along the walls. The crowded conditions also led to some lapses in service. When my fork was removed with my appetizer, I thought that a new one would come with the entree. No such luck. It took me about 5 minutes to flag down a random waitperson and receive the utensil. The good news was that the food was very good (with a single exception). Ludivine has a fairly compact food menu and a large drink menu. They have several daily specials written on a chalkboard. The entree special that day was a rib eye with 4 shrimp for two at $90. When we enquired about the steak size, we were told 12 oz. I conveyed this to my butcher and he commented, "That must be some special steak!" Obviously, we passed on the rib eye. For appetizers, we started with a peach salad and the charcuterie plate; the latter is large enough for two. Be careful what you place on the charcuterie plate, as some items, such as the cheese, are pricier than others. The wrong cheese came out on my plate and that had to be rectified, which resulted in removal of the plate another wait. The waiter seemed annoyed that I asked for the cheese I ordered. Once they got the correct items on the plate, the pork rillette, salmon and cheese were all very tasty and accompanied by various fruit and crackers. The peach salad was flavorful with a grilled peach that should have been pitted, but wasn't. Chasing the peach around the plate, trying to remove the fruit from the pit, was rather humorous. Entrees were the lamb ravioli (great flavor) and the duck breast (also very tasty). The duck was plated over a bed of wheat berries, so salty it made my tongue and lips burn. The chef needs to check the salt level, as it was way over the top. Neither entree was particularly large, but modest serving sizes are common at Ludivine. That leaves room for desert. We selected the dessert plate, a potpourri of tasting sizes of ice cream, cookies and cakes/pies. It received mixed reviews. After two visits, in our view, dessert is not their forte. Ludivine should add a chef pâtissier to upgrade these offerings and the breads, which are subpar in comparison the high standards of the other dishes. Also, the coffee was miserable, a French press the waitperson referred to as "light bean". It looked like light tea and had no taste. Despite these misses, Ludivine does offer some of the most inventive plates in the OKC metro and, given its popularity (and overcrowded dining room), perhaps they should consider a space expansion, so that diners could enjoy eating without being brushed by others attempting to move around their tables.

1  Thank Met_Prof
Reviewed 27 June 2014

We've had Ludevine on our to-go list for sometime. This was our first visit. Great concept, unique and appealing menu. Made reservation on Opentable and the table was ready when we arrived. The wife and I had the charcuterie, chard salad, bone marrow, whole mackeral starter as an entrée and tournedos. All the food was exceptional! The charcuterie plate was half filled with toast and I must say that the portion of the 3X items we chose was quite small. But hey, no worries, the taste was excellent! And what do you expect for four bucks these days? The wife had a Moscow mule with house crafted ginger beer and she says it may have been one of the best she's tasted! (Don't even think of lifting the solid copper mug-the menu states you will be charged US$40 if it turns up missing. Go figure.) The service was very good.

A few negatives would be, as previously reported, it was fairly noisy and the white cloth napkins got white lint all over everyones dark clothes! (Linty white napkins not acceptable in a snazzy joint like this.)

The place has a hipster vibe to it located in the 8&H area of downtown OKC. The chef's bar and lounge at the rear of the place looked really cool and will return again to try them out!

Reviewed 8 April 2014

The hubs and I enjoyed the charcuterie as an appetizer with a few drinks. We had the pork rillette, mangalitsa lardo and cheese (accompanied with toasted baguette, blueberry compote, balsamic caramelized onions and pickled celery and onions) . The portions were pretty small, I probably could have eaten the entire plate all by myself as a meal. But the portions were perfect for an appetizer. I really REALLY liked the pork rillete.

1  Thank csatterfld