Fairfield Inn Oklahoma City South/Crossroads Mall
Ranked #103 of 150 Hotels in Oklahoma City
Washington dc
“No frills”
Reviewed 18 July 2013 via mobile

If you are only looking for a quiet clean room and a reasonable breakfast you will be fine here. However, for nearly the same price there are properties, even some of the same brand, with more features (fitness room, microwave, mini fridge) and in locations that don't feel as weirdly isolated as this hotel. It is important to me to find a place where I feel comfortable walking around alone but I didn't feel safe doing that at this property. I have to say the staff was very nice. However, all things considered, after doing more homework there are other options I would consider next time.

Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Chase R, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Oklahoma City South/Crossroads Mall, responded to this review, 19 August 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback about your recent stay Blackjack60. I am pleased to hear that your accommodations were clean and that the staff was very nice. I love sharing guest feedback with the associates. We have recently purchased microwaves and refrigerators for almost our entire room inventory.

Chase Rollins
Fairfield Inn Oklahoma City South

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
York, Maine
Reviewed 19 May 2013

We stayed at 4 Fairfield Inns on our road trip and this was the best one. A couple negatives, but they did not impact us as much as we would have thought. Negatives first: no gym, snack machine was almost empty, no ice machines on any other floor other than the first, rooms did not have temperature control, the front door is not a slider (it's a regular door, which makes it a little difficult when you have luggage). Positives: Very nice staff, the premises, lobby, breakfast area, pool, room, etc., were all clean. The pool cleanliness was truly impressive! The mall in the area has had it's fair share of issues resulting in a very empty area. Criminal activity in the past and the recession makes it look awful, but we chose to avoid the mall due to it's unknown safety status. The hotel was very safe and we had no concerns. Convenient walk to a restaurant, but it's not always open for lunch. It's mainly a dinner place, which was fantastic! The hotel is in a very convenient location to everything! Right next to the highway and not far from anything. Breakfast was the standard continental along with Jimmy Dean sandwiches, waffles, french toast, etc. A very nice gentleman takes care of it and is very helpful above expectations. Very large refrigerator and microwave in our room. Bed and pillows were good. My son said the pull out couch was the most comfortable he has ever slept on. We had housekeeping freshen up the room once during our 4 night stay. They weren't the best and not the worst, either. Not sure if they didn't speak English as basic instructions were not followed in my note. They certainly understood the tip, though.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank StephV44
Kansas
Reviewed 5 April 2013

Nothing was too trivial for the front desk staff and site manager to be of service. The entire staff had a most friendly attitude. Some might consider it a "no -frills" hotel but I found it clean, comfortable and most welcoming. You might ask for Room 303 and you can observe the bird's nest just outside the window. Stay here, you will enjoy it.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Seattle, WA
Reviewed 9 February 2013

I booked this hotel because I wanted to 1) get something in the Marriott chain to build up my nights for gold status; and 2) not spend too much money, as this was a business trip that had a small budget. Fairfield Inns are a no-frills brand of the Marriott, and this was just as I expected it to be. It is important to me to have a place to plug in my laptop and work, and this includes free, moderate-or-better bandwidth, wifi, as well as an adequate breakfast. The breakfast was actually quite nice, better than I expected. The gentlman who was stocking and cleaning the breakfast room was superbly helpful and did his job very well. There were many healthy choices for breakfast, but I opted to include with my hard-boiled egg and cereal some of the pre-wrapped sauasage and egg McMuffin-like tiems that they had for microwaving. They were very good, and I enjoyed reading the USA today while watching the news.

The wifi is good, but a little meager on the bandwidth. The workspace is fairly small and suffers from lack of outlets (there were exactly two that were in cord-reach of the desk). The toilet was broken (the plastic arm that attaches to the chain and rotates to lift the plunger was damaged), and the drain plug in the sink didn't lift. These were easy repairs, as I put a rubber band around the plunger (the metal connector had rotted away), and I taped the plastic arm. Yes, I could have called the front desk and moved to a different room, but it was late, I was tired, and I had unpacked and hung up all my clothes, and didn't want to go through the hassle.

What is most interesting about this hotel is its location - next to the Crossroads Mall, once one of the 10 largest malls in the US. Now it has about 20 shops, all of them odd and small. It turns out there was a crime wave starting around 2005 that caused the anchor stores and other tenants to leave. The recession in 2008 finished it off. It is a sad hulk and reminder of the hubris of developers.

I felt perfectly safe in the hotel and the nearby restaurant, but stayed away from the mall after I saw police actively patrolling the vast empty parking lots and empty buildings.

The location is actually quite convenient to a lot of OKC. It is a short drive to BrickTown (maybe 15 minutes in normal traffic), and an easy drive to where I was going north of downtown. It is also a straight shot from the airport, and a few miles to the west, there are numerous restaurants, shopping, etc. along the highway that leads westward to the airport.

I would stay here again should I find myself in similar circumstances, but it is an odd experience. I suspect that the good price and all are because the mall has died and the owners of this and other hotels are desperate to fill their rooms, which were originally designed to house the folks who were making the trip to the CrossRoads Mall as a shopping destination mini-vacation.

The hotel is really a good value for the price, and I didn't have any worries about safety (mainly because I didn't go to the mall at night).

Room Tip: All rooms are quiet, and all views are equal (ly average)
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank WindWolfess
Larry S, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Oklahoma City South/Crossroads Mall, responded to this review, 20 March 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to provide us with such good feed back; we always enjoy hearing from our guests and I have passed your comments on to our breakfast host. Also, I have informed our engineer of the maintenance needed in the bathroom so he can be sure to get that fixed. Lastly I am happy to inform you that the mall was recently purchased and will be undergoing a complete renovation very soon -- so please come back to the Fairfield next time you're at the Crossroads in OKC! Again, thank you for your feed back.
Fargo, North Dakota
Reviewed 4 January 2013 via mobile

En route to the FCS championship in Frisco TX, we booked through trip advisor (Priceline) our stay.

Getting to the hotel was a little difficult. Getting off the interstate (coming from the North) there were a lot of turns that may have been a little nerve wrecking. Leaving was very easy!

Check in was very seamless and the front desk clerk was very friendly.

Our room- 2 queens on the third floor- was very welcoming and spacious. The hotel was quiet and we slept really well after being on the road for over 10 hours.

Breakfast was awesome!!! The breakfast attendant was very Funny and very nice. He cracked jokes with us and did a good job of keeping things stocked.

Check out was a breeze and now we are on the road..hopefully to win another national championship.

Will definitely thank the party that recommended the hotel and encourage others to stay at the Fairfield- Crossroads.

GO BISON!!!

• Stayed January 2013
Larry S, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Oklahoma City South/Crossroads Mall, responded to this review, 8 January 2013
Thank you for your wonderful response. We always enjoy hearing from our guests and I'll be sure and passs your comments on to our breakfast Host!! Thank You!
Cypress, Texas
Reviewed 26 October 2012

Great place to stay.
Pros - friendly staff, good breakfast, clean hotel.
Cons - no gym and they didn't freshen up my room during a multi night stay
I would still highly recommend this hotel just for the overall good experience.

Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Thank you so much for your review, I appreciate your taking the time to provide us with such good feedback. For your future stays I'll be sure and point out the full gym you are able to use for free while staying at the hotel. It's not far from the property and our guests really seem to enjoy the full gym facitlity. I look forward to seeing you on your next visit. Thank You.
Seneca, South Carolina
Reviewed 17 September 2012

Very safe area near the mall. Very good value. Clean, comfortable, good hot breakfast. Couldn't find my favorite sausage and egg on English Muffin, so the breakfast room person went in the "kitchen" and got me one. He said they didn't serve them on the weekends, but smiled and brought out one for my husband and myself. Thought that was strange decision - sausage and egg only on weekdays - but "Oh, well" we got what we wanted. The gentleman was very accommodating.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Larry S, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Oklahoma City South/Crossroads Mall, responded to this review, 9 October 2012
Thank you for your review. We always appreciate feed back from our guests. You'll be happy to hear that beginning next year the hotel will be serving a full hot breakfast seven days a week. I hope you'll come back and try out our new breakfast. Thank you again for taking the time to review our hotel.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oklahoma City
Residence Inn Oklahoma City South/Crossroads Mall
Residence Inn Oklahoma City Sout...
#56 of 150 in Oklahoma City
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Oklahoma City Mid - Airport Area
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Okl...
#19 of 150 in Oklahoma City
SpringHill Suites Oklahoma City Moore
Best Western Greentree Inn & Suites
Fairfield Inn & Suites Oklahoma City NW Expressway/Warr Acres
Fairfield Inn & Suites Oklahoma ...
#65 of 150 in Oklahoma City
Days Inn Oklahoma City/Moore
Days Inn Oklahoma City/Moore
#78 of 150 in Oklahoma City

Been to Fairfield Inn Oklahoma City South/Crossroads Mall? Share your experiences!