Admittedly, I used Marriott Reward points to stay at the hotel so I shouldn't complain. Even so, our experience may be helpful to others travelling in the area looking for 'brand name' locations to stay.
First, the hotel is not easy to find exiting the interstate. It is tucked into the corner of a shopping mall and frontage roads around the mall make it challenging to get to. When we exited interstate 35 at night, there were no signs directing us to the general location of Crossroads Mall. We got disoriented on how to find our way across another busy highway to get to the hotel. After several attempts and backtracking, we finally made it. The hotel is a typical Fairfield in design and first impressions. The drive thru to check in is a tight squeeze and the fact that a chunk of stucco from one of the drive thru pillars had been damaged by a vehicle was evidence. We quickly checked in as we were hungry and walked across the parking lot to the Texas Roadhouse. Not one of our favorite restaurants simply because they tend to be very noisy. Returning, we quickly crashed. Our king size bed was ample, however it seemed worn and not nearly as firm as we like our mattresses. Being road weary, we quickly fell asleep only to have my wife wake up from having the fitted sheet and mattress pad roll up underneath her. This kept her up half the night as it got tangled with slight movement. The sheet had lost the elasticity from repeated washings (as they're apt to do) but for some reason hadn't been retired by housekeeping. We let the front desk know and provided the sheet as evidence prior to going for breakfast. Speaking of breakfast, they do provide a 'hot breakfast', scrambled eggs, sausage along with the other standard fare, including waffle maker, etc. Their fresh fruit though didn't look all that fresh and there was only 1 sad looking banana left by the time we ate. We were told that the manager of the hotel would be getting in touch with us following our experience but more than a week has passed and we have yet to contacted to provide feedback. Maybe since we didn't actually pay for the room they feel a reply isn't warranted. I've been a loyal Marriott traveler for some time but in this case, I'd look for another hotel the next time in Oklahoma City.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fairfield Inn Oklahoma City South / Crossroads Mall is proud to be the favorite among Oklahoma City hotels for leisure, corporate and military guests. We're conveniently located at the crossroads of I-35 & I-240. Tinker Air Force Base is only 5 miles away, and we're a short drive from downtown OKC and the Bricktown Entertainment District. Big sports fan? Our location makes us one of the only hotels near downtown Oklahoma City that's also convenient to University of Oklahoma in Norman, so your travel options are wide open. Always fresh and clean, our fine Oklahoma City hotel rooms feature thoughtful amenities: well-lit work desk, new flat screen TV with cable and free high-speed Wi-Fi. Start each day with a complimentary continental breakfast, or relax with a dip in our refreshing indoor pool. For any trip - and any traveler - choose the comfort and convenience of Fairfield Inn Hotel in Oklahoma City South / Crossroads Mall. *DUE TO STATE ORDINANCE - GUESTS MUST BE 21 OR OLDER TO CHECK-IN* ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Marriott, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your Fairfield Inn Oklahoma City South/Crossroads Mall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairfield Inn Oklahoma City South/Crossroads Mall
- Fairfield Oklahoma City
- Oklahoma City Fairfield Inn