I booked this hotel off of hotwire (something I seldom do). When I saw the location of the hotel, I was very hesitant to go since the crossroads area has been the site of gang wars in the past. A tip for hotwire and priceline users- area described as OKC south airport is a mixed bag of good and bad areas, some of the hotels featured are next to nightclubs and strip bars while other hotels in south OKC are just fine. You are better off picking a named hotel if you are wanting a family friendly hotel. I would consider this hotel a good choice for families as long as you don't get lost on some of the nearby side streets (sketchy area).
My husband told me how OKC had made a mission of ridding the Crossroads area of gangs and told me he thought we would be ok.
The area immediately around the hotel seemed ok. Crossroads Mall has been reopened as some type of hispanic shopping and cultural center.
The hotel itself is dated but very clean. The staff seems very friendly. I found the bed to be quiet comfortable (I like a soft mattress) and loved the soft comforter. Breakfast was just ok as some of the food was lukewarm. The surrounding area seems to be undergoing some revitalization, maybe if the neighborhood gets a better reputation, Marriott will be motivated to invest in upgrading this property. I would probably stay here again since I found the hotel to be comfortable and didn't have any any security problems.
One suggestion to the manager, the sign at the front door stating that "cameras on the premises are not for security purposes but for hotel operations only" makes your guests feel that they are in an unsafe area, I would suggest removing it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fairfield Inn Oklahoma City South / Crossroads Mall is proud to be the favorite among Oklahoma City hotels for leisure, corporate and military guests. We're conveniently located at the crossroads of I-35 & I-240. Tinker Air Force Base is only 5 miles away, and we're a short drive from downtown OKC and the Bricktown Entertainment District. Big sports fan? Our location makes us one of the only hotels near downtown Oklahoma City that's also convenient to University of Oklahoma in Norman, so your travel options are wide open. Always fresh and clean, our fine Oklahoma City hotel rooms feature thoughtful amenities: well-lit work desk, new flat screen TV with cable and free high-speed Wi-Fi. Start each day with a complimentary continental breakfast, or relax with a dip in our refreshing indoor pool. For any trip - and any traveler - choose the comfort and convenience of Fairfield Inn Hotel in Oklahoma City South / Crossroads Mall. *DUE TO STATE ORDINANCE - GUESTS MUST BE 21 OR OLDER TO CHECK-IN* ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Fairfield Inn Oklahoma City South/Crossroads Mall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairfield Inn Oklahoma City South/Crossroads Mall
- Fairfield Oklahoma City
- Oklahoma City Fairfield Inn