“Christmas brunch was fabulous”

Renaissance Oklahoma City Convention Center Hotel
Ranked #45 of 154 Hotels in Oklahoma City
Reviewed 2 January 2011

My husband and I stayed next door at the Sheraton and gave them a review, but I just had to give the Christmas brunch at your hotel the thumbs up! We walked into the lobby and was warmly greeted by an employee who walked us around the many stations in the brunch area. Merry Christmas and smiles were offered by everyone and we were seated just where we wanted to be for privacy. There were breakfast items, a chef to make your eggs, salads, breads, cocktail stations, desserts, and then a large set up for Christmas dinner. The fried Turkey was out of this world. We had a wonderful lay two hour brunch and enjoyed every minute..and only $28! Thank you for a wonderful holiday, and hope to visit your brunch again next year

Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
4  Thank FlyMom10

Reviewed 17 November 2010

This hotel is good and price is comparable to other hotels in Bricktown. The location is one of the closest to Bricktown. The hotel provided a van for shuttling and a limo (after 3pm) for free anywhere in Bricktown. We took advantage of that as the weather was stormy. The beds were o.k., not excellent. The room was adequate. The walls were thin and we could hear people next door. The service was great as we were well attended to. The buffet breakfast was wonderful--full, hot, buffet with everything you would want served in a nice dining area.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank gypsymommaOklahoma
Reviewed 22 October 2010

Rooms are very clean and very comfortable. You cannot beat the location, which is just down the road from great nightlife, and many local attractions.
Our conference room was clean and well equipped. The staff was extremely attentive

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank Romrin
Reviewed 12 October 2010

Always consistent with quality and cleanliness. Close to many attractions including Bricktown.

1  Thank daehworra
Reviewed 11 October 2010

Stayed here for one night as we were attending a concert at the Oklahoma City Civic Center. Great location to Bricktown and the entertainment areas. The hotel offers a shuttle service that will take you too area attractions and pick you up later. Shuttle operates on tips only. Great service!

1  Thank Blackbears
Reviewed 9 October 2010

We attended a concert at the Ford Center and chose the Renaissance Hotel for our trip. The location was wonderful! I wish I could say that about the actual hotel. First the pros: A quick walk through the sky bridge and we were at the Ford Center--very easy and convenient. Room rate was decent - I booked about 2 weeks in advance for 1 night, king bed, $144 with free breakfast for 2. I thought the staff was wonderful. Valet, check-in, room service, and waiters were all very courteous and friendly. The bed was extremely comfortable. The hotel is very pretty. Aveda shampoo and conditioner was a plus. Breakfast downstairs was very good with a chef to prepare your eggs to order. Now the cons: I really really wanted to like this hotel, but I do have quite a few complaints. No parking (of course you are downtime), but we waited in a line of cars to get off the street and pull up to the hotel -- valet is $25 a day - yikes! The room had A LOT of problems too. The TV remote battery was dead, the bathroom door, as well as the door entering the room did not close properly and securely, as well as the walls must have no insulation--I could hear our neighbors, their TV, as well as people entering other rooms on the 5th floor. The air can be turned down to 65, which we did, but it definitely did not reach 65 in our room, and BEWARE of the "automated minibar" fridge. I moved 3 bottles of beer and a bottle of wine to make room for our sodas, and was charged $41.28. Front desk said there are no exceptions to this rule. There is a very small sticker on the front of the fridge, as well as inside, stating if you move an item, you pay, no exceptions, so they are right. But boy I bet they are making a killing on this. To top off our experience, the morning wake-up call at 5:45 a.m. -- we did not order this, we had been out until 1 am. I guess what I am saying is the staff could have done a better job in preparing our room for us at this rather pricey hotel. Maybe just avoiding room 502 would be some good advice. Overall, I tried to like the Renaissance Hotel, but other than the great location, I think we will pass on staying there again.

1  Thank Kiroway
Reviewed 21 September 2010

Nice hotel with a large lobby that has a coffee shop that also sells snacks. The middle of the lobby feels somewhat like an atrium with plants and a bridge over a fountain like river. It's pretty and relaxing. The staff were nice and check-in and out went smoothly. Valet attendants are friendly as well. Internet is steep; $19.99 for one night. I don't know what the parking situation is like other than valet which is $25 a night.

The hotel is busy with many types of travelers. Lots of families with children who were somewhat loud during the early hours of the morning that I could hear through my room window and in the halls. That was slightly annoying since I was trying to sleep after being out late but not the hotels fault, just the parents for not taming their child. I could also hear the guests in the adjacent room through the connected door to go into either room. Not sure if they were playing the guitar or the TV was up loud but it was loud none-the-less.

I booked a suite and had no issues with the room except the fact that the hotel staff informed me that all their suites were in front of the elevator so their was no way to have a room away from the elevator, and it can get noisy and annoying hearing people in the hall. Otherwise, it was clean and very spacious with 2 rooms (bedroom and living area), 1 full bath, 1 half bath, a minibar, a wetbar, and a usable refrigorator for items you might have such as drinks or leftovers, plus a microwave. I was surprised by the amenities. There was a small balcony off the living room area (I was on the 11th floor and could see much of bricktown). Room service is average, standard options and pricing as other major hotel chains.

Location is another perk because the hotel is in a perfect location for walking around downtown and Bricktown. It's directly across from the Cox Convention Center and one block away from Bricktown attractions (restaurants, bars, clubs). You could say that is in Bricktown. The hotel offers a limo service around Bricktown, but there is only one limo and many guests who are trying to use it, so the wait is long and not worth it. The best part of Bricktown is being able to walk around so riding in a limo takes away from the experience.

Overall, I had a pleasant stay, would stay here again and would recommend this hotel if you are interested in being in Bricktown. I might try the Colcord next time just because I like to compare plus it's a boutique hotel. It's only one block further than the Rennaissance and still within walking distance of Bricktown.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple