“Really nice - great price!”

Residence Inn Oklahoma City South/Crossroads Mall
Ranked #61 of 154 Hotels in Oklahoma City
Reviewed 1 July 2012

We met my parents there for the WCWS tournament. Our room was like an apartment, with 2 separate bedrooms, a living room w/fireplace, dining area and FULL kitchen. It was super nice. The bedrooms were not cramped - each has it's own bathroom/vanity area. The kitchen has a full size stove and refrigerator and even a dishwasher. We did not eat ONE MEAL out - we had all of our meals at the hotel. One night, my husband grilled steaks on the gas grill in the hotel courtyard. The hotel had full breakfast every day in the lobby. The room was less than $150 night which was by far cheaper than renting 2 separate rooms, AND we didn't have to go back and forth between two rooms to visit - we had the living area right there that was plenty big for us. If we go back to the WCWS next year, we'll DEFINITELY stay at the Residence Inn. It was right off the interstate, which meant only about a 10 minute drive to the stadium for the games. So convenient. The staff was great - very helpful. The exercise room was a little cramped but they have about twice the equipment as a normal hotel, and the pool area was beautiful (indoor pool). Overall, i think it was one of the best places we've ever stayed! Try it - you won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: I called to request the two-bedroom suite. it was a spacious corner room - very good if you have mo...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 10 June 2012

Four of us spent 9 days at the Crossroads Residence Inn in Oklahoma City. We were attending the NCAA Women's College Fast Pitch Championsip Games, also known as "the Women's World Series." Our overall experience was extremely good. The suite was designed to meet the needs of those of us who are handicapped, as well as those who are not. It was clean; housekeeping personnel were prompt and thorough; every request was answered quickly and cheerfully. The breakfas provided each morning in the lobby was ample and tasty. The constant availability of good coffee was a big plus.
The nighlty provisions were also ample, with a diverse menu, and the food showed that some care had been taken in its planning and preparation. We were treated well at every juncture. Cindie at the front desk proved herself to be capable of handling virtually everything thrown at her through the week, and we actually admired the way she handled situations involving everything from regular clients who had not made reservations and found themselves without a vacancy, to persons who were apparently inebriated and were very inappropriate to guests as well as to staff. She remained calm and attentive and effective.
We were also impressed with Simone, one of the folks who prepared and served the breakfast buffet. She was particularly aware of those of us with handicaps and went out of her way to make sure that we had comfortable access to our breakfast utensils, plates, food, seating and anything else we needed. She showed herself to be intelligent, thoughtful, and caring. She even offered to help those of us who are handicapped with loading our luggage into our SUV upon leaving. We were both impressed and grateful.

Our complaints were minor: two bars of hand soap for four persons was not really enough. And then, beyond the ability of Cindie to make a change, is the fact that the mattresses in our stuite (and apparently the same situation prevailed in the rooms of others we knew or encountered), as soon as someone sat or attempted to lay upon them, became "mattress tacos" because they are too, too soft, not just for those of us with handicaps. Someone above Cindie's pay grade will have to make the sorts of decisions necessary to corret this problem. An inadequate, uncomfortable night's sleep can ruin the otherwise good experiences of having competent staff, good service, and otherwise nice facilities. I also want to add a special thanks to Lisa. I had inadvertently left a very necessary piece of electronic gear still plugged into the socket in my room. Arriving home, I discovered the problem, called the hotel, and, after Pam dropped the ball, Lisa found the device and arranged to have it Fed-Ex'ed to me by the next day. I am deeply grateful and rather improessed with her handling of the situation. Overall, a good hotel, a good staff, good food, good swimming area, good exterior maintenance,good pet access -- a good experience, with the one disappointment of waiting for upper management to correct the (worn?) mattress situation.

Room Tip: The handicap-equipped suite was good. I suggest one must reserve early.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 June 2012

I have been staying at this Residence in while on business to the Ok. City area for over 4 years and I was extremely disappointed after may stay there a few weeks ago. The lobby was okay, guest check in lady was very nice. I had a problem in my room and when I called the front desk the night clerk gentlemen basically blew me off. Patio area was very noisy until at least midnight. My guess is that they are targeting the construction crews coming into town. I wouldn't recommend it for business men/women, there are much better places to stay in Ok. City. This is the third time that I have been disappointed on business travel with the Marriott chain. I'll be staying at the Hilton chain going forward, pretty sad when corp America doesn't realize who the customer is!

Room Tip: Lots of construction workers, lots of noise on the patio, request a room away from the patio area.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 April 2012

I stayed here for almost a month on last June for business purpose. What I loved from Residence Inn hotels by Marriott is their interior and room lay outing. It's almost same everywhere. I have stayed for almost 4 months on Residence Inn near Houston Int'l Airport and then moved to this place in OKC. I got almost same room, which is felt like almost a home.

Pros;
- Staffs are of great services. They took care of our queries and always help out, especially since this is first time to USA for us and they helped a lot with directions and suggestions. One of them is I remember; Greg.
- Breakfast is nice. Couldn't be better, more variant than other Residence Inn branch. Attendant is there ensuring every food is properly replenished.
- Room is quiet, clean and comfortable
- Texas Road House resto is across the street. A mall (Crossroad mall?), AMC theater & Best Buy are within 5 mins walking distance.
- Great kitchenette, room always cool. Big fridge, great stove and microwave.
- Indoor pool and gym was OK.
- Not have time to check out the patio but I think it is one of place to chill out.
- desktop PC with internet & printer on the lobby is great and free.

Cons;
- Couldn't think of any.

Great place to stay and is affordable, plus a hospitable staff. No doubt to stay here again if ever I visit OKC in the future. Best wishes!

Room Tip: Choose the room near elevator/stairs. The one I stayed is the first floor, first room on the left, r...
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
GMRISouth, General Manager at Residence Inn Oklahoma City South/Crossroads Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2012

Thank you for your review. It's great to hear the good feedback. I'm glad you had a good stay with us. I'll be sure and share your comments with all the staff. I hope you will stay with us again, when you return to Oklahoma City.

Reviewed 20 February 2012

Stayed at this hotel for a week during a business trip. Staff were caring, attentive and overall coldn't have been better. Room was clean, bright and very confortable. Breakfast was delicious and the attendants were actually available to help and make sure that everything was replenished.

Room Tip: Great place to stay, recommend ground floor away from elevators.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 January 2012

It's a great place with friendly helpful staff. The room was quiet, clean and comfy. Several restaurants nearby. Breakfast was hot and good.

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed 1 January 2012

The hotel staff was exceptionally friendly and helpful. They were proactive to identify and meet our needs. They helped our children (3 and 7) feel comfortable and welcome and even had treats for the dog. The pool was bright and clean with earlier closing hours for kids so adults could enjoy the hot tub alone later. The food was excellent and went well beyond your typical hotel breakfast offering an array of basics and varying foods each day. I would stay here again for a one night or extended stay.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family