“Never coming here again!!”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Oklahoma City Airport
Ranked #100 of 148 Hotels in Oklahoma City
Clarksville
“Never coming here again!!”
Reviewed 31 May 2013

I stayed at this hotel while driving through OKC. I have previously had good experiences with Microtels. And this one got decent reviews, so after a 12 hour drive, I was looking forward to a good night's sleep. Unfortunately it was more of a nightmare. The hotel was in a decent part of town, the area wasn't run down, which was a positive. However, upon check-in, I learned I had to pay $30 extra for my two small dogs to stay in the hotel. This was not mentioned anywhere on the website! I got a King suite with a pull out couch, since I also had my three young children with me. Unfortunately, the couch had no extra bedding. When I went down to the front office, I was told they don't provide linens for the pull outs!! Why even have them then?! As I stated before, I have had good experiences with Microtels, including having linens for all the beds, but this was just awful. The hotel itself was run down and musty smelling as well. If you need a hotel in OKC, pass on this one!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed 26 May 2013

This was the only hotel that was available at the price I could afford and it was a more than reasonable value

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business

Webster Groves
Reviewed 23 May 2013

I was really impressed with this property. It was in a good location close to things. There were no loud guests making tons of noise. I liked the room. I feel the carpet could be replaced. But overall the room was a decent size. It was a great room for the price paid. The staff was very friendly and met all of our needs.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple

Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 23 May 2013

The room was small, so so, tucked back beside the elevator. They also charged $15.00 for the dog which suggests I may have done better elsewhere when one considers the combined cost. The breakfast was marginal, ie left a lot to be desired. I likely will look elsewhere for a better valve next time I am passing through.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Amarillo, Texas
Reviewed 18 May 2013

After finding this hotel online and reading the reviews, I decided to book it for 1 night. I am GLAD it was only for one night. First the good of this hotel:
*Beds are comfortable.
*AC in our room was awesome. I like it very cold and it was very cold.
*$58/night online - cheap for OKC area
*Bathrooms were clean and update.
*Quiet rooms, we never heard any highway noise or any other noise from guests until the next morning when we did hear doors slamming.

Now for the bad:
*Dark, worn out hallways. Carpet stained, separating from walls, etc.
*Lobby was so strong of chlorine from pool it would take your breath away.
*Rooms dark. I figured out there was a reason, to hide all the issues the rooms have. Carpet dirty, holes in walls that had been repaired but never painted. Knobs/handles missing from cabinets and night stands.
*Couches in suite in poor shape. I was afraid to sit on them without putting a towel down first.
*Morning coffee was COLD and gross!
*Parking lot was kinda shady; people hanging out and walking around at all hours of the day/night. There is limited parking also.
*Desk clerk was approachable but it stopped there. Requested a first floor room and was given a 3rd floor. Was told I could get a first floor room for extra money.
*Towels are paper thin and you get 2, that's it!

This "could" be a decent hotel if they did some remodeling - just carpet cleaning and painting. Change some light bulbs, purchase some new towels, etc. It was ok for 1 night but I wouldn't stay there longer; nor would I go back....

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple