“Not a nice place to stay”

Studio 6 Oklahoma City
Ranked #116 of 148 Hotels in Oklahoma City
Midwest City, Oklahoma
“Not a nice place to stay”
Reviewed 27 August 2014

We stayed here while in town and was missing half of the kitchen equipment, I had to go and buy spoons and things just to be able to cook, also only 1 burner worked on the stove, half way thru the night the AC quick working and barely worked the rest of the time we were here. And the WiFi only worked part of the time.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Everything about this hotel was horrible. We walked into the room expecting a "fully stocked kitchen" what we got was two cereal bowls two mugs and a knife. There was a horrible stench in the room that we could not find the source of. The room was filthy. We brought our cats because it said the hotel was pet friendly. When we got there we were asked to pay ten dollars a night for our pet. Nowhere in the website did it mention a pet fee. The manager insisted we pay the pet fee in cash. The manager was extremely rude and refused to have maids clean the room as she insisted it was clean. The rugs in the halls were the dirtiest carpets I've ever seen. The whole place was falling apart. The night before we left the door handle inside our room came off so we had to pry the door open just to get out. Worst place I've ever stayed never staying there again.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Bossier City, Louisiana
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Hotels can have their physical problems but if customer service is present, it is not so bad. This location has very poor physical condition, is not clean and completely lacks customer service. It is an extended stay which toots fully equipped kitchen. It has a full size refrigerator, cook top but only one knife, one serving spoon and a spatula, two cereal bowls and two mugs and a coffee maker.
I had the occasion to speak to manager, to no avail. She repeatedly told me this was an extended stay facility which I knew but she could not understand the concept of clean and told meI would have to pay to have room cleaned. I thought when you went into a room it was supposed to start out clean? She reported that she had been in the room and it looked okay to her. There was thick build up of "dirt" next to kitchen cook top and I do not believe the tile floor was cleaned prior to our arrival.....this was a bad choice of economy extended stay motel.

Room Tip: There aren't any if the management feels they cannot improve on cleanliness or maintain the prop...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Chattanooga
Reviewed 28 April 2014

The room had a strange smell whose source I could not locate, but it was some combination of cigarette smoke and beer. (The room was supposed to be non smoking) I did find a beer bottle cap under the bed. The toilet did not operate properly and ran continuously unless you lifted the cover and adjusted the mechanism manually, which I had to do twice. The furnishings in the room were severely knocked about, far more than is standard even in economy motels.

The carpets in the hall and reception area were the dirtiest I have seen at any hotel. There were a significant number of very shady looking people lounging around on the tops of cars at the back of the hotel property or perhaps on an adjacent property but close enough to be irrelevant. To top it all off there was a fly in the room.

A very poorly maintained and run property. Will not stay again. You can do much better for the same or slightly more money.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank hamiltonbergen
Bloomington, Illinois
Reviewed 8 January 2014

Got a good price by calling ahead. I stayed two nights. This place is the kind of place where construction workers might stay while working on a project or others in unusual situations. The facility is very worn. It you're looking for something very clean and new, go elsewhere. But, it's a cheap hotel where you actually get a kitchenette. So, you'll get what you pay for. Unlike another reviewer, I actually had a lamp on one of my nightstands. The upholstered chair in the room had what appeared to be a repaired knife slash in the back. The toilet paper dispenser was pulled out of the wall in the bath, and the lamp unit in the ceiling was missing its lenses. There was what appeared to be a small amount of caulk mold along the bath tub wall. The heating unit in the room started making a great deal of noise by my second night, but it was bearable (I didn't complain - I'm a very heavy sleeper). The bed was comfortable enough, but understand I don't turn down beds in cheap hotels. I use a sleeping bag, my own blanket and pillow on top of the made bed.

The staff here is very helpful and polite. If you're not picky, don't look too close, are on a tight budget AND need a kitchenette, you probably will be okay with staying here. Some of the clientele in the place looked to be on weekly (or monthly) rates. I didn't have any problems, and the price was right. It was nice to have a refrigerator and microwave in the room (as well as a cooktop - yes there are pots, plates, flatware), but to do over I probably would have checked out some other options. There are many hotels in this area. I felt bad for the staff, who are probably the owners. They appear to do their best. This facility needs a total facelift, but that is probably not going to happen. This area is not too far of a drive from the brickyard, but the nearby area is definitely not upscale. I felt inclined to have my pistol in my waistband when venturing out to the local grocery. While at this hotel I parked my vehicle directly across from the main entrance. They have extensive security cameras, so I wanted to be in a area that was being surveilled.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
South Korea
Reviewed 21 December 2013

Making a cross-country trip from LA to Georgia, I booked this hotel knowing our dog and wife would need a place to stay in Oklahoma City. During the trip we have been staying at Motel Six properties since they are low-cost, pet friendly and usually right off the interstates.

We arrived at the Studio 6 and arrived earlier an hour than planned. The famous “Aayesha” from all the Trip Advisor posts greeted us with a smile and gave us a 1st floor room. The rooms are spacious and come with fridge, stove, microwave, free “fast too” Wi-Fi and a large king bed. The location is right off the I-35 and like other posts an easy drive to downtown to see the Memorial.

We only planned to stay one night but due to the bad winter ICE storm “Gemini” we had to stay another night in which the staff was happy to assist with us. Since the hotel has laundry facilities we did some laundry while waiting out the storm

The hotel is dated and during the night I heard water pouring from our bathroom, when I went in there it was coming down hard flooding our bathroom. I thought this was from the storm, but come to find out the people above us left their bathtub overflow. How that can happen I will never know!

The ice machine is located on the 2nd floor and when using the stairs I noticed the very dirty and over worn carpet. Also in our bathroom there were no light fixtures covering our lights, which could lead to a dangerous condition. (See photos)

Please don’t let my post dissuade you from staying here and there is plenty of space to park and the rooms have everything you need. All the hotel needs is a little updating and it would be a 3 star from its 2 star rating that I would give.

Finally, we took the advice from a previous post and had lunch at Mama Lou’s, which has good food at a decent price.

Pros: price is right, spacious rooms and a pet friendly hotel
Cons: Needs some updating

Room Tip: There are smoking rooms, stay away from this area. Ugh!
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Wichita, KS
Reviewed 10 November 2013

Aayesha at the front desk was wonderful, made us feel so welcomed. Made sure our room was close to our friends. Hotel was nice, I believed we would have a kitchen, just had a microwave and small fridge that really did not get too cold. Bathroom floor was not clean, but the rest of the room was as promised and advertised. Lots of room, just not anything fancy. Bathroom was the only concern, no counter, bare minimum sink, toilet and older jetted tub that did not "jet". Coffee in the room, but that was the only amenity. Pool was nice, but had closed sign on the door. Hotel allowed pets, no complaints there. Room was quiet so you weren't aware that they were there. Might return to this hotel, but would know better what to ask for when booking. There is a Super 8 across the parking lot that looked very nice and busy, might compare rates. Be sure to have a meal at Momma Lou's down the access road a bit.. Excellent food, great value. Will review it next.

Room Tip: No highway traffic heard, ask for a nice room without repairs needed.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends