When you pull up to the Country Inn and Suites, you have to wonder if it's second in line to be the new Tower of Terror. Pieces of the exterior are falling off and it looks like it should have been condemned a long time ago. Granted, they say they are undergoing a renovation, but you still have certain expectations of a decent family hotel.
The halls were also a little scary and run down looking. Our room was mustard yellow and all the decor had either been removed or stolen. The view out the window was just as charming: look in one direction and see an abandoned office building on the other side of a field strewn with trash and old tires. Look the other direction and see a boarded up Borders book store.
However, regarding the things that really count (is the room cool, clean, and bug free?), the hotel gets passing marks. The front desk staff was also servicebly friendly and polite.
We were staying on points, so we didn't move to another hotel or chain. However, when we checked on line and saw we could have stayed at a Holiday Inn Express a couple of miles away for only $20 more per night (if we had been paying), we were surprised so many people chose to stay there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Unpack your bags and unwind at the Country Inn & Suites By Carlson®, Oklahoma City at Northwest Expressway, OK. Situated near I-44 and OK-74, our hotel is less than two miles from Penn Square Mall, less than half a mile from Integris Baptist Medical Center and an easy drive from Deaconess Hospital. Head to a meeting at nearby companies like AT&T, Hartford Financial, and Williams-Sonoma after the complimentary, hot Be Our Guest Breakfast, or lounge the day away by our outdoor pool. Our fitness center can keep you energized, and the Read It & Return Lending LibrarySM and 128 TV channels help keep you entertained. Help yourself to cookies and coffee in the lobby, and then catch up on social media with free high-speed Internet access. Before bed, take a relaxing dip in our indoor pool or go for a workout in the fitness center. You can flip through more than 120 TV channels in your room or suite, and a refrigerator and microwave make it easy to chill drinks and heat up snacks for your movie night. In the morning, brew a cup of tea or coffee while still in your pajamas. For a romantic getaway, reserve one of our Whirlpool Suites and enjoy all our standard amenities, plus extras like a pullout sofa and a two-person whirlpool tub. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Oklahoma City at Northwest Expressway reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Country Inn And Suites Oklahoma City
- Country Inn & Suites Oklahoma City Hotel Oklahoma City
- Country Inn Oklahoma City
- Oklahoma City Country Inn
- Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Oklahoma City At Northwest Expressway