Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Oklahoma City at Northwest Expressway
Ranked #49 of 148 Hotels in Oklahoma City
Altus, Oklahoma
“Great Stay”
Reviewed 19 July 2013

I had a wonderful time here. Room was clean, (no stains on carpet, no leaking faucet/shower, etc.) I liked the microwave and fridge - which was a nice surprise as we had no idea they were there. I never got to swim in the pool as it rained our entire time in OKC. Breakfast was great, and check out time was noon, which is nice compared to other places at 10 AM or 11 AM. The price is bit steep from what we (my husband and I) normally pay, but it was worth it. I would recommend this place to others who want a great stay by NW Expressway.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Scott P, Social Media Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Oklahoma City at Northwest Expressway, responded to this review, 22 July 2013
Sunflower9109,

Thank you for your kind words for our Country Inn & Suites Oklahoma City at Northwest Expressway. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed yur stay and that our location was ideal. Please do stop by our hotel if your travels should bring you into Oklahoma City again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Reviewed 9 July 2013

My shower would not even turn on due to water pressure problem! I waited several minutes, and tried again. It turned on, but there wasn't any hot water. When I informed the front desk about this problem they took $8 off my rate, which I felt was unreasonable. He went in to tell me that I should have turned it all the way to the cold side, and that should have worked. I let him know that I did try that, and he insisted that I didn't leave it on long enough! Called and spoke to manager later, and she took another $8 off. I feel like they have very poor customer service! A shower us very important, and feel I should have gotten a better discount. Not asking for a free room, but a shower is worth more than $16 dollars to me!

• Stayed July 2013
Scott P, Social Media Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Oklahoma City at Northwest Expressway, responded to this review, 12 July 2013
Thank you for reaching out and writing your review. We are sorry you were not satisfied with the shower in your room. We will discuss the conditions of your room with our staff to ensure all guest rooms are up to Country Inns and Suites by Carlson standards.
Benton, AR
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Overall not bad place to stay. We had a king bedroom suite and it was small but adequate. Nice big TV in living room and bedroom. Sleeper sofa for the kids. Microwave and fridge were handy. Bathroom was fine - nothing fancy. There is a pool outside, but it is tiny and there is no hot tub. There was a decent selection for breakfast, but the actual quality was fairly poor.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank fjewell
Scott P, Social Media Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Oklahoma City at Northwest Expressway, responded to this review, 29 July 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay at our hotel. We do apologize for the inconvenience you faced during your stay and I will make sure to rectify the issues.
Yukon, Oklahoma
Reviewed 22 June 2013

I stayed for 2 nights. The room was clean, spacious, 2 large screen HDTV, Bathroom was clean. The room was very warm upon arrival and took alot of time to cool down. It included a coffee maker, fridge, and microwave. The down side is it needs quite a bit of updating on the outside of the room. Such as the hall ways were need of repair and updating. If you were to never leave your room, you would think you were in a newer hotel such as a H.I. express or similar. If given the option I would choose another hotel because the price is similar to a newer hotel. I did not try the breakfast or the pool. The elevator experience was somewhat scary due to the malfuction of the doors.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Targa_11
Scott P, Social Media Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Oklahoma City at Northwest Expressway, responded to this review, 24 June 2013
Targa_11, we apologize you were not satisfied with the condition of the hotel during your stay. We appreciate you taking the time share your experience. Your comments are valued, and your suggestions will be used to consider improvements in the future. Our hotel has been going through a renovation. The interiors of the rooms are complete and we are now working on the corridors. Should your travels bring you into Oklahoma City we have you will give us a chance to show that the Country Inn & Suites brand is indeed a great experience.
Wagoner, Oklahoma
Reviewed 20 June 2013

Stayed last night on a business trip. Room was clean, staff friendly, free breakfast was good, bed and pillows very comfortable. My complaint is the air conditioner. After arriving in the room at 8 pm I sat in bed and read/watch TV till Midnight. The room kept getting warmer as the night progressed. I called front desk they sent up someone to look at unit. The air conditioning unit was fine, they told me there is an infrared eye sensor installed on the front door and if the eye sensor does not detect movement after a period of time it shuts off the air conditioner to save electricity. After moving around the room the air kicked back on. After the room got cool I went to bed but kept waking up every 1.5 hours due to the room getting hot because the air conditioner would shut off. I would have to get out of bed, move in front of sensor to get the air conditioning to turn back on. This happened all night about every 1.5 hours. I got little sleep. Will not stay here again due to the air conditioning sensors. I am informing all my friends and business associates regarding this problem and recommend they stay at another hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank linda d
Linda, thank you for reaching out and writing your review. We are sorry you were not satisfied with the accommodations of your room. We will discuss the conditions of your room with our staff to ensure all guest rooms are up to Country Inns and Suites by Carlson standards. The sensor in your room was broken and thus kept shutting the AC down. We will be sure to provide our staff the proper training in identifying this type of problem and how to fix if correctly the first time.
Reviewed 8 June 2013

We stayed one night as we were just passing through. The rooms were clean and the free breakfast was great! The guy at the front desk was a little odd but other than that we had a pleasant experience and would stay again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Bacarnine, thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed our wonderful amenities and Be Our Guest Breakfast at the Country Inn & Suites Northwest Expressway, Oklahoma City. We look forward to your next stay.
Ankeny, Iowa
Reviewed 6 June 2013

Stayed at this hotel for the WCWS the past week and stayed in a suite.

The positives :: Living area was a great size and liked there were 2 nice sized tvs -- one in the living room and the other in the bedroom. The other plus was the beds which were super comfy. They were the best part of the room! And our maid did an amazing job every day cleaning our room. Breakfast was good with a variety each day for hot food.

The negatives :: Room was mediocre. Nothing too special. The way the room is situated is really awkward coming in from the door way. The couch being right next to the hallway -- which makes it extremely hard to get luggage through. Shower head was really small not providing an extreme amount of pressure (after being at the ball field.. a shower is what you really need!). Another huge issue was the noise. We could hear every thing the room next to us was doing... and everything that was going on outside of the room. Also could hear the elevators very frequently.

BIGGEST ISSUE :: Hotel staff is less than helpful. This is what left a bad taste in our mouths. While staying -- there was a tornado threat extremely close to our hotel. The best place to stay was the breakfast room... which is right next to the automatic doors (not safe at all) and the hotel front desk manager/staff came in less than expected to look at the TV to see what was going on (shouldn't they be the ones telling us whats going on since we are all out of town?!) Just seemed like there was no sense of urgency. Also needed help with the internet in the business center.... front staff gave us a few options then told us "well let me know if it doesn't work I need to get back to the front" there was no one at the front desk. Also asked if we could check out early since the games got over with and see if we could get reimbursed. Manager was pretty rude... could have simply told us no. Lastly alarms kept going off in the room... randomly and pretty frequent. We called the front desk as was told they were testing the alarms (might have been nice to know?) and if it didn't shut off IN AN HOUR to let them know. An hour?! that's just ridiculous.

Don't think we will be coming back here next year for the wcws. Sad to see this was rated higher on tripadvisor -- if it wasn't for the staff it would have been rated higher.

Room Tip: Don't get a room next to the elevators...