Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Oklahoma City at Northwest Expressway
Ranked #48 of 149 Hotels in Oklahoma City
Huntingdon, United Kingdom
“Friendly reception”
Reviewed 26 October 2013

This is a 10 storey hotel.Clean room and bathroom and good cookies and tea in reception. Shopping Mall and restaurants are nearby. The hot and cold breakfast was very good but the breakfast room was small and could become very crowded at busy times.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Scott P, Social Media Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Oklahoma City at Northwest Expressway, responded to this review, 28 October 2013
East Anglia thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us at the Country Inn & Suites Oklahoma City at Northwest Expressway. Thank you for the great compliments about our rooms, fresh baked cookies, and our Be Our Guest hot breakfast buffet. We would like to apologize for your trouble in the breakfast area. We have added a wonderful community table for breakfast and we do occasionally open up our meeting area to accommodate everyone one busy days. We do hope to see you here again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed 17 October 2013

I just want to say I had to do a last minute trip to Oklahoma city. I wanted to be near Baptist hospital and this hotel was perfect. From the moment I walked in the staff was great. They really made me feel at home. The room was very nice and the Breakfast to die for. I would suggest this hotel to anyone. I work in hospitality and am not often impressed but this really was the best stay ever.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
ManagerHGI thank you for your kinds words. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Country Inn & Suites Oklahoma City at Northwest Expressway. We are glad you enjoyed our room and its amenities and out one of a kind Be Our Guest hot breakfast. Should your travels bring you into Oklahoma City again, please do stay with us.
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 24 September 2013

Room was clean, AC cold, management not so friendly.
I was doing fine until I saw the bugs arrive.
Sleepless night wondering what was crawling on me.
The coffee was cold, the coke vending machine spit out HOT drinks!
This is not the type of service I expect from Country Inns and Suites.
MOD not very friendly.
I'll pass and drive further to get to my destination next trip to OKC.
Oh, and very over priced @ $90.00 per night.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Scott P, Social Media Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Oklahoma City at Northwest Expressway, responded to this review, 26 September 2013
Floatmanjay we apologize you were not satisfied with the condition of the hotel during your stay. We appreciate you taking the time share your experience. Your comments are valued, and your suggestions will be used to consider improvements in the future. We are looking into the bugs issue as that has been a major problem in the Oklahoma City area the past few weeks. We have already looked into the vending issue and have notified the vendor of a possible problem as well as speaking to the staff on keeping the coffee fresh and hot as to meet Country Inn & Suites standards. Once again than you for bringing these items to our attention.
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed 24 August 2013 via mobile

My husband and I booked a room last minute after completing a long trip with our two kids. Since we were able to get my sister to watch my toddler daughter, we decided to take a quick one night vacation from our vacation. I talked to a very nice woman named Susan and someone else over the phone and they were both nice and helpful.

We booked a king room with a whirlpool tub and showed up af about 10 pm. The tub was a very nice size and the water was always hot if we wanted it to be. Just remember jets should always be turned on after the water level is up or you may have a very wet bathroom.

We also brought my 2 month old son with us and didn't have any problems. It was so peaceful and the bed was quite comfortable.

We overslept and didn't even think they would have breakfast out as we showed up 8 min till it was supposed to end. I was shocked to see it still up and going. We were the only ones eating but the staff didn't rush us at all. The lady working in there kept busy around us but didn't take away the food or anything. I was so happy about this, knowing how many hotels shut down their food early or try to rush you out. We did try to hurry but it was so nice to not feel like someone was hurrying us. She never shut down the food area to others until exactly 10.

Had a nice housekeeping lady great us! :)

When checking out I wasn't very pleased with the young man because he was on a personal phone call the entire time. Don't get me wrong, he was polite enough...but still.
However, I will note that when I filled out a survey for them I got a personal response from the manager who addressed my concerns etc. That has never happened before! It was my first time staying at a Country Inn & Suites but it probably won't be my last.

I was disappointed there was no whirlpool tub photo online so I have included one. Trust me, much bigger than it looks and a little shampoo makes for a great bubble bath! Have fun!

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank Married2Superman
Scott P, Social Media Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Oklahoma City at Northwest Expressway, responded to this review, 26 August 2013
Married2Superman,

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience at the Country Inn & Suites Oklahoma City at Northwest Expressway. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed our wonderful rooms as well as award winning Be Our Guest hot breakfast and great housekeeping staff. We offer our sincerest apologies with your check out experience and we have talked to the responsible front desk staff member and clarified our cell phone policy when at work. We look forward to your next stay.
CANTON
Reviewed 23 July 2013

The hotel is located in a great place. Tons of restaurants and shopping. Rooms were clean and comfortable. The entrance to parking lot is only accessible one way. Had to make U-turns to get into drive. The pool is on the small side but our kids didnt care. It was still fun. Elevator broke down one night so we had to walk up 9 flights of stairs. NOT FUN especially since the stairs are narrow and the stairwell was extremely hot. Front staff was friendly and helpful except they checked us into the wrong room type. We paid for a Double Queen room but they gave us a King room. They had given our room away and gave us this room. Then the next night someone tried to come into our room. They had given keys to our room to someone else. Luckily they didnt work and we happened to be in the room when it occurred. So if your keys dont work for the room they say you are supposed to be in go back to front desk and make sure they gave you the right room and keys. Overall it was a nice stay.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Scott P, Social Media Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Oklahoma City at Northwest Expressway, responded to this review, 29 July 2013
Busy Mom, thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay. We do however want to apologize to you for the mix up the front desk had with your room and we will follow up with our staff so that this does not happen again. We look forward to your next stay.
Altus, Oklahoma
Reviewed 19 July 2013

I had a wonderful time here. Room was clean, (no stains on carpet, no leaking faucet/shower, etc.) I liked the microwave and fridge - which was a nice surprise as we had no idea they were there. I never got to swim in the pool as it rained our entire time in OKC. Breakfast was great, and check out time was noon, which is nice compared to other places at 10 AM or 11 AM. The price is bit steep from what we (my husband and I) normally pay, but it was worth it. I would recommend this place to others who want a great stay by NW Expressway.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Scott P, Social Media Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Oklahoma City at Northwest Expressway, responded to this review, 22 July 2013
Sunflower9109,

Thank you for your kind words for our Country Inn & Suites Oklahoma City at Northwest Expressway. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed yur stay and that our location was ideal. Please do stop by our hotel if your travels should bring you into Oklahoma City again.
Reviewed 9 July 2013

My shower would not even turn on due to water pressure problem! I waited several minutes, and tried again. It turned on, but there wasn't any hot water. When I informed the front desk about this problem they took $8 off my rate, which I felt was unreasonable. He went in to tell me that I should have turned it all the way to the cold side, and that should have worked. I let him know that I did try that, and he insisted that I didn't leave it on long enough! Called and spoke to manager later, and she took another $8 off. I feel like they have very poor customer service! A shower us very important, and feel I should have gotten a better discount. Not asking for a free room, but a shower is worth more than $16 dollars to me!

• Stayed July 2013
Scott P, Social Media Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Oklahoma City at Northwest Expressway, responded to this review, 12 July 2013
Thank you for reaching out and writing your review. We are sorry you were not satisfied with the shower in your room. We will discuss the conditions of your room with our staff to ensure all guest rooms are up to Country Inns and Suites by Carlson standards.