Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Oklahoma City at Northwest Expressway
Ranked #48 of 154 Hotels in Oklahoma City
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

We are visiting from the UK and chose this hotel purely on trip advisor reviews and was not disappointed . Many thanks to Ian on reception who was outstanding , helpful and a great sense of humour to boot we asked for a steakhouse recommendation and it was spot on . Great location easy access and comfortable couldn't ask for more .

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Stevos747
Scott P, Owner at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Oklahoma City at Northwest Expressway, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Stevos thank you for your kind words and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are thrilled to read that you enjoyed the Country Inn & Suites Oklahoma City at Northwest Expressway. Thank you for the kind words for Ian. We will surely relay those to him. He is truly an amazing member of our team. Safe travels to you kind sir.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

We spent 2 nights here, based off of previous Tripadvisor reviews. Ian at the front desk was VERY friendly, got us checked in quickly and effortlessly. We had one little "oops", when housekeeping walked right into our room without knocking shortly after we got settled. She was leaving more towels, but it was still wrong of her to just walk in. The room was clean and bed was very comfortable. Breakfast was more than adequate and french toast as VERY yummy this morning. The outdoor pool is small, but was clean and very refreshing. Restaurants within walking distance and a great experience will have us visiting again!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Susan thank you for your kind words and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are thrilled to read that you enjoyed the Country Inn & Suites Oklahoma City at Northwest Expressway. We are blessed to have such a wonderful front desk agent in Ian and we will indeed let him know how valued he is. We do apologize for the housekeeping incident and we will have a meeting with the department to make sure such things do not occur again. Should your travels bring you into OKC again, please do stay with us!

Reviewed 12 May 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank John F
Scott P, Owner at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Oklahoma City at Northwest Expressway, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Reviewed 13 April 2014

The experience was horrible. The staff was unwilling to help me with my situation and basically said "sorry deal with it". No where in their literature, on their web site or on the many phone conversations did they EVER mention that you must be 21 to rent a room. My son and his friend, both freshman in college, had gone to see a minor league hockey game, to get away from campus for a weekend. I had spoken with the front desk multiple times, requested my confirmation 3 times, they had put in the wrong email address and NEVER was a comment made regarding their age requirement. No where on their web site or on any documentation sent to me, that confirmed my reservation and clearly defined their cancelation policy, did it ever mention the need to be 21 to stay. This is my only child and I had never had to get a room for him alone before. At 10:30pm after the hockey game and after the hotel had charged my credit card for 2 nights stay, my son called and said they would not allow them to check in and stay the night. I spoke with the manager, who was incredibly rude, and asked if they could stay that night and I would make other arrangements for Saturday night. He adamantly said NO. I asked if he had children and he said yes. I asked what would he do in this situation? He said "I would have asked before I booked the room". I said "lesson learned", but for now I was 6 hours away and the boys were 4 hours from campus, they clearly could not drive back to school, we did not know anyone in Oklahoma and I didn't know what to do. I certainly did not want the boys sleeping in a parking lot in their car. I needed them to have a safe place for the night and we would figure out the rest. The manager said, "sorry they can't stay here". When I asked if he had any suggestions on where I could put them up for the night he said "they can't stay here", no suggestion, no help. This was unbelievable to me. My son and his friend went out to the car while I got on the phone to see if another hotel would allow them to stay. I found the Best Western in Oklahoma City and they were AMAZING! They did not even hesitate once to assist me and I was able to scan my information, sign a document taking full responsibility for the room rented and they gladly welcomed and allowed my son and his friend to stay 2 nights. The boys saw 2 minor league hockey games, stayed 2 nights at the Best Western and enjoyed getting away from campus for a weekend! I will NEVER recommend or stay at the Country Inn and Suites. I am telling everyone I know how rude and unhelpful the management was and letting them know the lack of compassion he had for a parent trying to make sure their son was safe for the night. By the way I am having to dispute the $180.00 they had charged the credit card even though they turned my son away. Be ware their web site and documentation does not fully disclose all of their policies and they do not take any responsibility for not making their preferences known. I do not recommend this establishment, however, I strongly recommend the BEST WESTERN!!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ellen512
Scott P, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Oklahoma City at Northwest Expressway, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2014

Ellen, we do apologize for the troubles you, your son, and his friend faced while visiting Oklahoma City. It is the front desk staff's responsibility to let all guests know about our policy regarding guest age and they did indeed fail to do so. There was also no need for the front desk to charge your credit card. Your credit card has been credited with the amount it was charged on 4/14. The front desk agent responsible has also been reprimanded for saying he was the GM. Our GM Glenda Bowen has left a message for you as well to apologize on our hotels behalf.

Reviewed 7 April 2014

stayed here with a friend before a dr visit at the hospital across the street. staff was great, recommended places to eat that were close. nice breakfast. outside pool was closed. used the business center to print directions. would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Scott P, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Oklahoma City at Northwest Expressway, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2014

Theoktravler thank you for your taking the time to write about your experience and giving us a 5 star review. We are glad to read that you enjoyed the Country Inn & Suites Oklahoma City at Northwest Expressway. We go a long way in making sure all of our guests leave with a wonderful experience. We hope everything went well with the doctor’s visit. Take care!

Reviewed 5 April 2014

Really enjoyed my stay here. The hotel is in a convenient location near the interstate, with many restaurants, a Target, Home Depot, Best Buy, Walgreens, and CVS nearby. It only takes minutes to get to downtown OKC from here.
The complimentary breakfast was awesome, during my two night stay they had omelettes, waffles, bacon, fresh fruit, yogurt and more. You can tell they put some thought into what they offer for breakfast as it's not the same scrambled eggs and sausage patties every day like you see at many hotels.
My room was clean, the bed was comfortable and shower was hot. The air conditioning/heating unit is controlled by a thermostat on the wall and kept the room a consistently comfortable temperature and was not noisy at all.
You could slightly hear guests in neighboring rooms if they were loud, but the rooms kept out most normal noise. There are not a lot of rooms on each floor as the building it tall but not wide, so there isn't a lot of foot traffic by your room.
The staff was very friendly and seemed to enjoy their jobs.
You may find the rooms a bit crowded if you have 3 or 4 people in a room, but it was only noticeable when someone was sitting at the desk since the desk is in front of the bed so there was not a lot of room to walk by when someone was seated there.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Travellalott thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are thrilled to read that you enjoyed the Country Inn & Suites Oklahoma City at Northwest Expressway. Thank you for the kind words for the Be Our Guest hot breakfast buffet. We love offering our guests as many choices as possible to help get their day off to a proper start. Being close to countless restaurants and shopping centers is indeed another bonus for our guests. Please do come back soon should your travels bring you back into Oklahoma City.

Reviewed 4 April 2014

On arrival my booking via booking.com was not on the system, but John on reception got things sorted for me and even upgraded me to a superior room. I was surprised at the low percentage for this hotel, as i could not fault it in anyway. The price was very competitive, the rooms excellent and the fitness room was adequate. The complimentary breakfast in the morning was really good. All the staff were more than helpful and I would definitely return here again. A great Hooters restaurant within walking distance.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Yorkie1948

Yorkie1948 thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed the Country Inn & Suites Oklahoma City at Northwest Expressway. We are glad that John was able to sort out the reservation mishap. We take great pride in offering our guests a great experience and a reasonable price.