“Not bad”

Quality Inn & Suites Airport
Ranked #63 of 154 Hotels in Oklahoma City
Reviewed 13 July 2013

I have been staying here for a few months now they had a run of vehicle break ins a few weeks ago, but that seems to have settled down with more of the tornado victims going back home. This property is just down the street from another motel I reviewed and didn't have the cricket problems the other one had. This hotel is very close to White Water Bay and a lot of restaurants are only a mile away. The airport is also only a few miles away and if your into shooting a nice gun range is just across the highway.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 13 July 2013

Staff was very helpful. Room was a lot bigger then we expected which was a big plus. The hot/cold breakfast was great and was kept stocked during the breakfast time. I would stay here again & recommend it to family & friends.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 10 July 2013

We've stayed here several times of the past few years and always enjoy it. First, the rooms are large, and the bathrooms have long countertops. They have a great breakfast and great breakfast room with high ceilings (though it can get crowded). Although it's along IH-40, we never hear road noise. The staff is helpful and pleasant. I'll give this place five stars when they redecorate; the colors are pretty dark in all the rooms we've been in.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 July 2013

Like others have been saying, this was a huge pain to find with GPS. After finally getting into the parking area for the hotel, loading up the luggage cart, and going inside, we were told by the front desk assistant that we wouldn't be able to get the luggage cart to the room. In fact, we were on the complete opposite side of the hotel. Not her fault, but I found it really weird that they had luggage carts available in the first place, especially if most of the rooms are inaccessible from the front area where the luggage carts are kept. Okay, moving on.

The room had a distinct musty smell, but appeared to be clean. The furniture and bedspread were the only aspects of the room that were modern. It was like some half-assed renovation had taken place so the owners could advertise as recently renovated. What appeared to be original, however, was the layer of mold in the creases of the shower.

I get really cold at night, as my husband loves to put the air conditioner on the lowest possible setting. Usually, this isn't a problem, as 99% of hotels put an extra blanket in the closet. Nada.

Pool area/breakfast area is nice, although the pool is awkwardly placed RIGHT in front of the front desk. Hello, front desk personnel, do you like what you see? Also, if you want to exercise here, you may want to time travel back to 1980, when the fitness room was furnished.

I think I paid something like 55 dollars for my night at this hotel, which seems about right for what I got. Really, really average.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SC101112
Reviewed 19 June 2013

After a rough start (my room was not on the hotel room map) things settled down. Breakfast in the morning included hot omelets/scrambled eggs, meat, hash browns and waffles. Only problem with the room was restricted toilet flow which I believe could be solved by Roto-rooter. Helpful staff.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 June 2013

We really enjoyed out stay at this hotel. The room was nice and big and definitely clean. The staff was friendly and accomodating and their breakfast is awesome too! There are lots of restaurants near by and a Cracker Barrell is in walking distance. We got a great rate due to a coupon we had so that was good too. The only complaint is that it was a little confusing to get to because of the an I-40 service road that when our GPS told us to turn on we thought we were getting back on the interstate and so we passed it and had to turn around and go back. But otherwise we were totally satisfied with our stay!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 May 2013

I stayed at this hotel primarily because it had exterior corridors and fellow TripAdvisor reviews. Since I was moving across the country, being able to park my car directly outside my room was important to me. Room was updated, clean, and comfortable. However, with that being said, there is some highway noise which can be heard due to its proximity to the road. I stayed in room 115 which was "blocked" by the Comfort Suites which literally "sits" on the highway. If possible, rooms on the back side of the hotel would be incredibly quiet as they face an office park. They were extremely full due to many tornado. One other Tripadvisor member stated it was difficult to locate this hotel. Overall, I would disagree as it was easy to locate directly off of Interstate 40 because the sign is clearly visible. I would stay here again as the price was really good for the quality of the room.

Room Tip: Get a room that faces away from the Interstate.