“Not acceptable”

Motel 6 Oklahoma City- Airport
Ranked #130 of 151 Hotels in Oklahoma City
Reviewed 3 July 2011

Motel 6 is a chain with a reputation as being low end: few amenities and low prices. This particular facility has a long climb up to reach low end. The motel is filthy inside and out. The staff is friendly but not very hard working, providing cleaning services only when a guest goes to the front desk and requests services. Noise and prostitution are common at this location. I have stayed at Motel 6's for the last 25 years as I travel extensively in my business, and this particular motel is one of the worst I have seen. I had planned on staying a week but checked out after the first night and checked into Econolodge, where the service was very good.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank AndreaV04

Reviewed 11 December 2010

Friendly front desk check in. My fist room had a large dented in circle like the door had been kicked in. On the inside, the knob of the safety latch had been broken off and the deadbolt wouldn't engage; thus the door could not be secured at all. No problems changing rooms. Second rooms was fine, clean, no complaints except people I think live here and were quite loud as they were just hanging around outside at times.

• Stayed: November 2010
Reviewed 2 October 2010

I always stay at Motel 6's when I travel alone, because, I like the price, usually $40 or under for a single and, except in this case, I get what Tom Bodette says I will "a clean, comfortable room" but, this place is an exception. The cooler did not cool, so I stayed pretty hot throughout the night. The bathroom door was coming off of its hinges and the bathroom sink looked as though it had been attached wtih Bondo rather than caulk. The bathroom fan was very noisy and the room had a musty smell like it had been closed for a long time. Luckily, it did not have bedbugs, though -- you can bet I check! If my wife had been with me, it would have benn an about-face moment, but since it was just me and I was road-weary, I tolerated it. I have stayed in Motel 6's across the country from Arizona to Virginia and this is the first one I have found that was sub-par. My advice is that if you are in the OK City airporst area, pay a little more and stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 August 2009

We stayed at the Motel 6 off I-44 and Meridian because of its close proximity to a job interview I had early in the morning. The service was good with a friendly person checking us in. I did have to pay extra for the use of their WiFi, only $3 for the card. There were two seperate fights in the middle of the night, very loud right outside of our window. The next day, on our drive home, both my wife and I have bed bug bites on our legs and feet. They do not include much of anything for the price, which is actually higher than other places around that area when you consider what you are missing such as breakfast, comfortable towels (or more than 2), and WiFi included. Do yourself a favor and spend the extra $10 for the other hotels around.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank naterco
Reviewed 29 June 2009

I stayed here because it was close to where I needed to be in town. I requested a downstairs room and the staff was accomodating to my request. Overall, it was fairly clean and quiet except when the people upstairs seemed to be jumping on the floor or when the biker convention revved up their motorcycles in the parking lot at 7am. Unfortunately, the deadbolt did not work. I called the desk and asked for a different room only to be told they were sold out. I wound up using one of the chairs in the room to block the door from being opened.
Being Motel 6, the pillows were, of course, flat (luckily, I remembered to bring my own). Also, the bed was HARD! The first night, I didn't notice it since I was exhausted from my trip in to town, but the second night, I found it hard to sleep and woke up the next day with back problems. The TV reception was adequate, but I had a hard time pulling in the local stations.
The second day, I discovered a roach in the bathroom.
The shower had planty of hot water and the towels were adequate for what was expected of them. The second day, however, half my towels weren't replaced and no bath mat was left. I called the desk and was told they had run out of towels due to the biker convention and dog show.
Oh, and can someone tell me WHY there is an ashtray in a non-smoking room? The motel says it's "corporate policy", but corporate says it 's a franchisee decision.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 May 2008

Good rate, gives you a place to sleep and shower. The airport doesn't see much traffic so not a big deal with noise. An average place to stay. Rooms were typical Motel 6.

Stayed: May 2004
Reviewed 5 June 2005

I made a trip to Oklahoma over a holliday weekend. This hotel staff was wonderful. Want to say a big Thank You to the cleaning staff they did a wonderful job. I took a small dog with me and they all treated her like she was royalty... you don't find that everyday in a hotel enviroment. The Room was clean all though it could have been a bit bigger and we had a few minor problem's but they were dealt with immediatly. The area is a nice one and I would recomend that anyone with a pet looking to stay in the OKC area should check this hotel out. There was no extra charge for my pet. I enjoyed my trip and will be back. Again a big Thank you to all the staff for making my stay a pleasent one.

• Stayed: May 2005