“Filthy and endless noise!”

Motel 6 Oklahoma City- Airport
Ranked #126 of 149 Hotels in Oklahoma City
“Filthy and endless noise!”
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

This was the worst hotel stay of my entire life. I booked the room online from New Mexico as they are pet friendly. I was exhausted upon arrival. I was put in a room located in a section of the hotel that clearly house long-term residence. The room was disgustingly filthy. The hotel grounds were covered in dog excrement. There was absolutely no hotel security or management present . The block party that was located outside my door never ended; women screaming at their toddlers all night, a man working on his car all night, a woman pacing up and down the walkway for no less than 90 minutes screaming on her cell phone at her child's father...it was an endless nightmare. I was unable to sleep and finally checked out at midnight after a drunk man banged on my door demanding to see a woman. I will ever stay at another Motel 6. That was my first and last stay.

Stayed June 2014
2 Thank C. K

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 1 July 2014

The lady in the office was nice, but this area was not the best. I give it a poor overall because it served its purpose and provided us with a place to sleep. The beds and sheets were clean, but the carpet was terrible. I wouldn't let my kids take their shoes off (it could use new carpeting!!). Also when I turned on the shower, the shower head was broken and spraying out the sides. My husband and I were too tired to care and made it work, but my youngest couldn't shower in it. The noise from traffic also made it difficult to sleep at first. Its quality and price do not correlate well.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank mevo81
Little Rock, AR
Reviewed 28 March 2014 via mobile

DeAntea was such a great front desk rep. He answered all my questions provided directions and eased my mind. I hope the next we come I hope he checks us in!! The hotel was clean DeAntea ensured we had extra towels and everything else we needed.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank NikiTalk
lenox michigan
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Based on my chosen title, I am putting this description lightly! Since Oklahoma City was completely booked and Motel 6 had open availability I scheduled my reservation, upon my arrival
the issues began...this horrible facility made nothing but rude inexcusable errors. The room itself was (the last available because the staff gave my reserved room away) was visually disgusting, odorous, and pretty much just in shambles (broken door lock, wholes in the walls, stained carpet, broken air conditioner/heater, insufficient amenities, unsanitary bathroom, broken shower head, no hot water and only 3 rings holding the curtain up making it impossible not to flood the floor, only a 1/2 roll of tissue on a broken holder, tares in the window curtain, unlit parking lot and dried blood on the wall.) I am not usually so nit picky but these noticeable issues are unacceptable, the staff was notified and did nothing to improve this situation. The main problem with my reservation being given to someone else is I am handicapped with a companion K9 and needed a ground floor room and asked for smoking accommodations, I ended up on the second floor in a non-smoking room and no handicap parking is available. A winter weather storm hit and walking up and down stairs/across the lot with my K9 on ice/snow was very difficult and dangerous. To sum it all up I will not be recommending this Motel 6 location to anyone, and think twice about other locations also. I spoke with corporate/management to make a report so hopefully some steps can be made to improve this horrible rundown business location. As far as the staff that was here to help, they did not and were very rude.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank janet a
Duncan, Oklahoma
Reviewed 16 September 2013

The Bates Motel would be a better and safer place to stay! Seriously, this is NOT a family-friendly motel. The lights outside of many of the rooms should be red and I think that many of the rooms are rented by the hour. Drug deals were part of the routine activity occurring in the parking lot with vehicles in and out all night long. From sunset till sunrise, the entire complex was like Grand Central Station. However from sunrise till sunset the motel was what any traveler would expect at any motel. Several of the “residents” had pit bulls that they regularly walked on leash around the complex. And the room was far from being very clean. The best part of the stay was that the air conditioning unit worked very well. DO NOT STAY at this motel!!

Room Tip: For a nice, clean and safe room, stay SOMEWHERE ELSE!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Bradley-Shaw
Rowlett, Texas
Reviewed 16 August 2013

This Motel 6 provided me with decent but basic accommodations during my overnight stay in Oklahoma City.

The location is convenient to I-40 at Meridian Avenue, and a short 7 or 8 minute drive frrom the Oklahoma City Will Rogers Airport. The room was "standard" (not upgraded) Motel 6 - very basic furnishings, but clean and comfortable. For some reason, I really like the mattresses on Motel 6 beds, as they provide just the right of firmness for me. My room had a bed and work table with adequate space.

The bathroom was clean and had a newer Motel 6-style shower that delivered ample hot water flow. The towels were the typical standard-issue Motel 6 towels, which means that they were not very absorbent - and my guess is that the lack of absorbency is purposeful with Motel 6 to reduce the incidence of theft of the towels.

My room was at the rear of the facility - adequately quiet, even with its proximity to busy Meridian Avenue and I-40. I did not notice any issues that would make me concerned for my safety.

There are numerous dining options nearby as well as gas stations and convenience stores.

Overall - a decent place to stay if all you want are basic, clean accommodations.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank step12dude
Talmage, Nebraska
Reviewed 21 April 2013

Our room #230 was the worst I have seen in all of Motel 6. Spots on the floor looked like blood spots, several small drips and one big area. When I was trying to secure the deadbolt, I noticed several indentations on the inside of the door that looked like it was shot several times. The bed sheets had cigarette holes and the room smelled like smoke. Our heater/ac unit was broke and pulled away from the wall. It did not cool or heat. Someone had apparently used a tampon as a sink plug and it was still there. There was lots of outside noise and late night activity. The whole place gave me the creeps and it will make me avoid Motel 6 in the future, especially in bigger cities. My best advice is "Stay somewhere else, even if it's in your car!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends