“Great room and quiet, even with a bunch of HS kids there”

Comfort Suites Fairgrounds West
Ranked #58 of 154 Hotels in Oklahoma City
Reviewed 4 February 2013

Stayed in their King Jacuzzi room and it was outstanding! A ton of room in the room, the jacuzzi was amazing and HUGE!!! Room was on the back side of the hotel away from I-40 so very quiet. The lady at the front desk was very friendly and helpful. When we got back to the hotel after dinner we thought we would be up all night with a couple of buses there(I think it was a wrestling tournament), but our room was very quiet and the only sound we heard was some thumps on the floor above us in the morning, but we were already up. Great place to stay and would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank James H

Reviewed 14 January 2013

We check in here on our way to a church convention in Memphis. The fact that this hotel was close to the Interstate, was both good and bad. The guys at the Front Desk were helpful, the rooms were clean, and we enjoyed the indoor pool. My wife and kids said I ate too much for breakfast, so I guess that means I liked it. The kids didn't want to get out of the indoor pool The kids wanted to stay another night, but we had to get to Memphis. .

Room Tip: Ask them for one away from the Interstate.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Ted J
Reviewed 30 November 2012

My husband & I went to visit relatives for Thanksgiving and picked this motel for the indoor pool and hot breakfast. We booked for 3 nights with Choice Privileges pts. We had difficulty finding it with our GPS and went way over to the west side of the city but nothing was there. We went back & found this one. THAT should get fixed. Well worth the trouble tho. Very nicely furnished room with a couch and coffee table in an extra sitting area (couch did have a stain on both sides of a cushion), nice bath & vanity area. Glenn used the upholstered bench for his suitcase while I used the drawers & closet ~ we were right at home! 2 comfy beds, great hot breakfast ~ either sausage or bacon with scrambled eggs and lots more every morning, even a nice tea selection. We will go back!

Room Tip: We were in 118 and it was quiet, the air conditioner & fan was good. One morning some jerk woke...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 November 2012 via mobile

We have traveled through this area on business for many years. We have stayed in this hotel every time. The rooms have always been clean, bed comfortable, and the breakfast offering is above average. The staff is friendly. The only draw back is that the hotel is close to the interstate and there is road noise on the front side if the heat or air is not on. We think they should swap and put the bed in the place of the sofa and visa versa in the king room.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank Budpud
Reviewed 18 September 2012

Priced right. Really needs an update in the worst way. The staff does a good job with what they have to work with. Clean room, comfortable bed. AC worked fine. Better hotels on Meridian for a few dollars more.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 August 2012

I really enjoyed my stay at this location. I work for the same major chain and found this location comfortable. The new guys at the front desk were very nice and helpful. One was learning breakfast and did a great job in keeping it up, I heard that there was "one" break in, but everything seemed really nice and safe. Don't believe people that put down the hotel, if they are going to have a bad day then it will show everywhere. It was located in a great location and had a lot of places to eat. Would like to come back and visit city again.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank MOVIE16GIRL
Reviewed 21 July 2012

I don't understand all the good reviews. I just stayed there one night and would have checked out except that it was 11:00 at night and I was traveling with my mom and sister. We had two rooms - there were bugs in both rooms. There was a hair on one of the beds and dirt on the sheets and crumbs. If I had been traveling alone, I would not have stayed, but they were very tired and so was I. We stayed the night, got up and left. When I went out my door in the morning, there was a cricket on the outside of my door in the hallway. I was totally disgusted and would never stay there again. The lady at the desk was very nice and pleasant, I did not go to her at 11:00PM and complain like I normally would. We just left and won't be back.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family