“Watch out for Miscellaneous Charges”

Comfort Suites Fairgrounds West
Ranked #56 of 150 Hotels in Oklahoma City
Salem
“Watch out for Miscellaneous Charges”
Reviewed 9 May 2013

Be very careful if you stay at this hotel. Be sure to check your bill before you leave and get it resolved PRIOR to departure. The manager finally called me three days after we checked out and their story has changed so many times about the miscellaneous charges; I don't know who is lying and who is telling the truth! Bottom line is, we followed all the rules, tried to do the right thing and got ripped off at this hotel.

Room Tip: Find a different place to stay unless you have extra money to give away.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Reviewed 6 May 2013

I checked the reviews for this location before booking, and saw 47 good reviews to 4 bad. However, upon arriving, it was an old hotel, our room felt old and not up-to-date. Noisy neighbors up until midnight. Not enough chairs in the breakfast "nook." Used to much better appearances from Choice Hotels. Was bummed it was a non-refundable rate or else I would have gone somewhere else for my 3-night stay. For the $79 rate I got, I wish I had stayed across the street at a newer hotel.

• Stayed May 2013
Fairfield, California
Reviewed 21 April 2013

After travelling on a motorcycle (trike) for 9 hours, I needed a room for the night. Having stayed in a Comfort Inn in New Mexico, I figured this was a good place to go. When I walked in, I was immediately hit with an overwhelming smell of chlorine from the pool. I don't think the pool area is well ventilated. I was able to get a room for the night.

The room was clean. The area near my room was a little noisy at times, but overall quiet. No chlorine smell once I reached the room. However, the air conditioner smells weird. The temp was comfortable, so I just turned the a/c off.

The room was fairly bare. Not much decoration, bare walls, dated lamps. Definitely needs a makeover.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask to be away from elevators and vending/ice machines.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
Pahrump, Nevada
Reviewed 16 April 2013

The hotel is nice... large room. Second time we stayed overnight at this location. What we didn't like is the cold water in the "heated indoor pool". The pool is small and it should not cost a lot to heat it a few degrees warmer. Walk to restaurant.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Gainesville, Texas, United States
Reviewed 29 March 2013

First Time at this property , will be back , soon, I have been traveling on the road and have kept with the Confort Inns and Choice hotels for over 12 years, yes i get special treatment, but it pays to be loyal; Anyway when you come to a new property,you are testing the waters. some good some ok some bad.
This was not the to be this night, The Staff was out-standing and worked hard to take care of several customers , came through well;People Travel and on a long day it wears on them or the KIDS.
So a true road man waits for the crew to be taken care of as you do this for a living.

The lady at the desk did take care of all us fast and soon I was on my way, yes I got a upgrade without asking. nice suprise , very nice room. When I went to dinner The staff gave me the rundown of the area, parking ,places to eat and shopping areas. Good Show

Room Tip: My room was looking north, not too sure you need more no road noise
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Smyrna, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed 28 February 2013

I have used this location on several trips to Oklahoma City when I needed to spend a couple of nights near the airport. It is not an upscale place but then it does charge the price you pay for upscale. I wouldn't recommend it for an extended family vacation but as I said when I am in town this is where I stay.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Cleveland, Oklahoma
Reviewed 4 February 2013

Stayed in their King Jacuzzi room and it was outstanding! A ton of room in the room, the jacuzzi was amazing and HUGE!!! Room was on the back side of the hotel away from I-40 so very quiet. The lady at the front desk was very friendly and helpful. When we got back to the hotel after dinner we thought we would be up all night with a couple of buses there(I think it was a wrestling tournament), but our room was very quiet and the only sound we heard was some thumps on the floor above us in the morning, but we were already up. Great place to stay and would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple