“Good hotel, well located”

Courtyard Oklahoma City Downtown
Ranked #42 of 151 Hotels in Oklahoma City
Reviewed 1 December 2007

Just finished a two-night stay at this hotel on business and thought overall that it was very nice for a business hotel. The hotel is located on the edge of downtown OKC and on the edge of Bricktown, which passes for all there is to see or do in the downtown area and is very nice, if not a bit touristy, overall. If looking for a place to unwind, I would highly recommend Tap Werks on Sheridan in BT - 100 beers on tap, great food and plenty of character!

My room was a king with a very spacious and comfy bed and a living area consisting of a sofa and chair. The desk was generous and the room had free internet. The bathroom was clean and large with nice shower. It was definitely a good room to come back to at the end of the day.

Hotel amenities seemed fine, though I did not avail myself of many of them. The bar was nice but the beer selection was dismal. The group I was with went out to Bricktown both nights and didn't hangout at the bar but for one apertif after dinner the first night. The hotel tried to create some atmosphere in the bar with some live acoustic music, which was nice enough.

Foodwise, the grab and go food bar they advertise in the commercials turned out to be a disappointment, with a paltry selection of overpriced everything, with below average quality on the fresh items. However, the breakfast buffet was good.

In sum, I didn't have any major complaints and would recommend this hotel for business travel to central OKC.

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled on business
1  Thank Schmengi9

Reviewed 31 October 2007

This is a typical high-end Courtyard in OKC. This one has the complete facility, full service restaurant and bar, business center, a fitness center with - free weights - at least dumbelss anyway and an EZ curl bar with plates. Facility is in very nice shape, room was great, clean, etc. Only down side is OK City has such funny-tasting water. It makes for poor coffee so I had to use the 2.50 bottled water each morning. No complaints to be found here at all.

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled on business
2  Thank HVACTraveller
Reviewed 24 October 2007

I travel about 8-12 times a year, but I only take the time to write reviews for the best and the worst of what I see...this place was definitely among the best in its category!

I really can't say enough about this hotel. We were there for 2 nights - in OKC for friends' wedding. From the moment we arrived, the valet, desk clerks, and management were extraordinarily helpful. My fiance was in our friends' wedding, and when we checked in, they had his tux waiting behind the desk for him. The valet was very accomodating, as we came and went many times throughout each day.

The hotel is very nice for a mid-priced hotel. Most Courtyards are nice, but this one exceeded my expectations! The lobby is fairly upscale and well decorated. Several large flat screen TVs surround the lobby "sports" bar/restaurant. As college football fans, we were very happy to see this! The bar stayed open late and was a great gathering place for many of the guests in town for the wedding. There was also a large computer area in the lobby with about 6 computers for use at anytime. Additionally, there was a computer available just for printing boarding passes, which was very helpful.

We had a king room on the 7th floor and it was very nice. I've stayed in many expensive hotels, and I thought this room was designed as appealingly as many rooms that cost twice as much! The headboard of our bed was along the bathroom wall, so the bed faced the window which overlooked Bricktown...such a nice touch! We also had a large sitting area with a couch, coffee table and armchair. The room was clean and the bed was quite comfortable.

The location of the hotel can't be beat...close enough to walk to restaurants, clubs, etc in Bricktown, as well as the Ford Center/Arena and Cox Convention Hall, but not too close that you hear any of the noise of BrickTown. We also walked to the OKC Memorial, but that was a fairly long walk. And it's also easy to get to I-40 and I-35, if your headed out to the airport or over to Norman (about 15-20 min drive).

If you're looking for a place to stay in Downtown OKC, I definitely recommend this Courtyard!

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled as a couple
2  Thank allieross
Reviewed 16 August 2007

The location is easy to get to, right next to bricktown, close to resaurants. Room was clean, and pretty. The fire alarm did sound at 1am, having 4 small children it was an inconvience, and when I packed them all down stairs, no one gave us instruction, or apologized. That was rather annoying. Overall it was pleasant, parking was a pain and you had to pay to park there, each night. That should be included in the room price.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled with family
1  Thank boomer321
Reviewed 19 July 2007

We were very pleased with this hotel. We always book suites when we travel with the children so we have seperate rooms to sleep in. This suite was very large and beautiful. The bed was very comfortable and the decor was tasteful. The living area was large enough to entertain a large group of people and we had a great view of Bricktown. My children love to swim and the pool was clean and well furnished. We also loved the location. We could walk anywhere downtown or in Bricktown so there was no need to have the valet fetch the car when we wanted to go out. The staff were all very friendly and professional and breakfast was wonderful. My children enjoyed the made to order eggs and I enjoyed the flower and "Happy Mother's Day" greeting when we sat down at our table. The hotel is also very beautiful. The beautiful glass art, fixures, furniture and over-all decor is modern and clean. Over all I would say this is a fantastic hotel - very clean, very professional and friendly with a great location.

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled with family
2  Thank Tradewinns
Reviewed 13 July 2007

My husband and I stayed at the Courtyard Oklahoma City while making our way home from a cross country road trip. We wanted to be close to Bricktown, as we were only in town for the night and wanted to find some entertainment and a good restaurant. The Courtyard wound up being one of the best experiences we had while on the road (and we were on the road for two weeks in a number of major cities). From the moment we stepped up to the front desk we were taken care of and met with very friendly, personable hotel staff. There were delicious chocolate chip cookies, tea, and lemonade in the front lobby, which we were very pleasantly surprised with (what a nice touch this was for a large hotel chain-- this more personal touch made it feel more like an inn!) as well. We stayed in a standard king room which was roomy and immaculate. After staying in several hotels that did not meet my expectations for cleanliness, this hotel finally put me at ease. The hotel bar had some great happy hour specials, which was also nice. We were a mere block and a half away from the bricktown district, so we walked to find a restaurant and enjoyed the nice weather outside. There were several interesting restaurants, two breweries, and two night clubs-- plenty to do and enjoy in this charming area. We had a blast (check out Coach's brewery-- affordable, tasty food, great bartender & service, and great view of the ball park)! Afterward, we came back to the hotel and were able to enjoy the pool (which was clean and best of all--empty!) which also had a water basketball & net (very fun) and hot tub, and the above average fitness facilities. Overall, this was a fabulous place to stay and exceeded our expecations!

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled as a couple
2  Thank bookworm80
Reviewed 18 June 2007

I chose this hotel using TripAdvisor reviews. We wanted something close to Bricktown. We were coming to the area to visit our son, who is stationed at Ft. Sill in Lawton. We arrived on a Friday evening. The hotel location is great. Downtown Oklahoma City can be hard to navigate, we happened upon the hotel purely by chance as we had pretty much gotten lost trying to follow the directions given by the hotel's website. The hotel lobby and public areas are nice. When they first showed us to our room (#601) we noticed a very strong odor of cleaning supplies and air freshener. That should have been our first clue. However, we proceded to unpack, hang up our clothes, get out all our toiletries, etc. We spent 15 minutes doing this, then left the room and went over to Bricktown for dinner. When we returned, the "clean" smell had been overtaken by a smell that we, at first "sniff", thought was kind of mildewy. After a bit, however, we realized it was more like urine. We later realized that this is a pet-friendly hotel. You can bring a pet if you pay a $75 non-refundable deposit. Our guess is that someone figured, for $75, they could just let their pet use the carpet for urinating, since it wasn't refundable anyway. It was 10:30 at night when we realized this problem, we had a sleepy 5-year-old, and we had completely unpacked. We were only here for two nights, so we decided we wouldn't ask for a room change, we would only be here to sleep anyway.

I'm sure the hotel tried to clean up the carpet in this room, but I don't think this can be taken care of by cleaning. By the time we left on our last day, the smell was so overpowering that we were almost gagging every time we entered the room. We will never stay at this hotel again, and I'll be writing a letter to the hotel management to let them know that our hotel room wasn't up to the usual Marriott standards we've come to expect. The rest of the hotel is good, the breakfast buffet was good, the workout area was very adequate. The location is great if you're spending time at Bricktown or the Cox or Ford arenas. The pool was very, very cold and quite small, the hot tub water needed to be changed desperately.

Overall, this hotel would have received a much different review from us if it weren't for the horrible smell in the room we were given. So, if you book a room at this hotel and it smells overly "clean" when you first enter, ask for a different room!

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled with family