“Close, close and close.”

Courtyard Oklahoma City Downtown
Ranked #39 of 154 Hotels in Oklahoma City
Reviewed 15 July 2012 via mobile

This was one block from Bricktown, 1/2 block from Amtrak ( which is how we came) across the street from Cox convention center and Thunder arena is behind the hotel! Only one really great hint is to look on other sites to get a rate.... Then go back to mariott website, book it, go to their guarantee page... Fill out the form.... They give the same rate, plus 25%. :/ don't ask me why they do it this way..... Just reap the rewards.... Our hotel stay was $93.75 a night plus taxes. I guess some didn't know.... Believe me I learn everyday.... Probably works on EVERY Marriott. :)
Only suggestion I would recommend is the hotel change to the salt water pool the chlorine was horrible, ESP it being inside.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank OneSoaringSpirit

Reviewed 9 July 2012

Stayed there one night and then moved to another Hotel closer to where we were visiting..This is a great place to stay and shouldn't have moved even though we were visiting approx. 15 miles west. Great restaurants near by. We didn't use the restaurant in the hotel..staff was always helpful...

Room Tip: We got a room with a balcony...although there isn't much see..it was nice to sit out have a cup...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Bongotwo
Reviewed 26 June 2012

The hotel was clean, the place was quiet and I enjoyed the comforts they provided with lots of towels, coffee and tea, Bath and Body Works toiletries. The staff was friendly.

Room Tip: Convenient location. Glad the AC worked well. We had a downstairs room.
1  Thank LadyLuvz
Reviewed 21 June 2012

I was so disappointed. I stayed at the hotel early june, days later my significant other and i had bits all over our bodies.Turns out we were bit by bed bugs. Also the restaurant was dirty.
i hope my experience helps others decide where to stay next time.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank User77
Management response:Responded 29 June 2012

I certainly understand how frustrated you must have been to learn that you were bitten by bed bugs. Please accept my apology for your discomfort. However, our entire housekeeping team is trained to inspect the guest rooms for any insect infestation and take appropriate measures. Additionally, we did have our pest control company fully inspect the guest room in question and others nearby immediately after we were notified of your concern. No bed bugs were found anywhere at the hotel. I will happily furnish you another copy of the report at your request.

Reviewed 18 June 2012

Location, location, location! We returned to this hotel for the second time in three months, this time to attend a concert at the Chesapeake Energy Arena that is literally a few steps away. Again we found our room to be spacious and well-kept, plus we were thrilled to have been given a balcony room that included a large sitting area -- at a price lower than what we paid earlier this year. Again the staff was extremely attentive and I was amazed that one of the valet employees remembered us from our earlier trip. If and when I need to return to OKC, I'll be staying here (see my previous review)!

Room Tip: West-side rooms face arena, so you might have some post-event arena noise; however, east-side rooms...
1  Thank sherilew
Management response:Responded 25 June 2012

Thank you for staying with us again! We take great pride in remembering our repeat guests and delivering excellent service and value.

Reviewed 15 June 2012

The location is excellent, immediately adjacent to the Chesapeake Arena and at the entrance to the Brickyard, a mecca of restaurants and entertainment. We were in town for a wedding, coincidentally the same night as the NBA playoffs. Hotel staff did an exceptional job in managing security and the atmosphere inside the hotel was normal, not like the carnival ongoing in the streets outside. Rooms were large, updated, and clean. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: higher floors have less street noise if you want to isolate yourself from an event ongoing at the ad...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
OKCCourtyardGM, General Manager at Courtyard Oklahoma City Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2012

Thank you for writing such a kind review about your stay at the Courtyard by Marriott Oklahoma City Downtown. We make every effort to provide clean, comfortable and safe accommodations for our guests and appreciate your positive feedback about our successes doing so on a playoff game night.

Reviewed 12 June 2012

We stayed at this hotel for a wedding the weekend of May 20th. It turns out that it was also graduation weekend and the Thunder was in the NBA Playoffs so this town was quite busy. This was the host hotel for the wedding atendees so we stayed because everyone else did. I'm a frequent traveler and a Marriott Platinum member and was not let down here. The front desk staff was fantastic considering how busy it was and what they had to deal with (especially with our group).

The hotel is about 2-3 blocks from the Bricktown section of town. We walked down there to the bars the first night, very easy to get to and from. Plenty of good bars and restuarants within walking distance which is always a plus.

We were upgraded to a corner room with 2 double beds which was nice because we had extra space for everyone to hang out. The balcony was a definitely perk as well. We ordered pizza at 2am the first night and the front desk guy was helpful, and the next day when I found broken glass in our room the hotel staff was more than happy to vacuum for us to make sure there wasn't any left on the floor. Friends of ours left things all over the hotel and the front desk staff was really good about helping me out when I went to collect.

I didn't eat at the restaurant but my husband said that the breakfast was good. My only complaint would be that the bartender was completely overwhelmed on Saturday night when we got back from the wedding. Between another wedding party, and graduations the bar was slammed. There was only one person and I overheard him say he was supposed to get off at 11pm. He was there until 2am but I'm sure the tips worked out in his favor.

We ended up having our flight cancelled so we went back and booked a room for Sunday evening. Again, great service and we had a nice extended stay. I highly recommend Mickey Mantel's restaurant if you are in the mood for a nice meal in Bricktown!

Room Tip: See if there are any upgrades when you check in, they seem to have a few corner rooms that are large...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
OKCCourtyardGM, General Manager at Courtyard Oklahoma City Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2012

Thank you so much for the kind words about your stay at the Courtyard by Marriott Oklahoma City Downtown. We strive to make sure that all of our guests have a great stay. We truly value our Platinum Elite guests and I'm glad that we were able to provide an upgraded room type. I hope to meet you on your next visit to our fair city.