“Affordable Luxury”

Courtyard Oklahoma City Downtown
Ranked #43 of 154 Hotels in Oklahoma City
Reviewed 1 July 2013

Went to Oklahoma City last week for the 62nd National Square Dance Festival and stayed at this property. It was close to the convention center where the dance was and made the stay much more enjoyable. The staff was friendly, cheerful and very helpful. They had a hotel shuttle that took you most anywhere around town for free.

The room was on the 6th floor overlooking what they call the brickyard district. It was clean, modern, comfortable and quiet. We were even able to watch the entire fireworks display that they put on each weekend right from our room.

Growing up in the country, I was able to hear a train come by the house at night, so much to my delight, we were near the railroad tracks and it felt like going home.

Room Tip: Rooms from the 5th floor and above overlooking E.K. Gaylord avenue and the Brickyard are great for a...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 30 June 2013

Our family spent 2 nights here while in town for a sport event. The desk staff was friendly. The beds are comfortable. The room was clean.

Our group rate came with free breakfast buffet. It is the type where you help yourself to the food and there is an omelet bar for fresh egg options. A member of the wait staff gives you the coffee (horrible and stale, my only complaint, so I got the free stuff in the hallway by the elevator instead). The wait staff controls your access to napkins, utensils, water, OJ and oddly- the oatmeal! Service in the restaurant stunk. I would rather help myself to my own utensils and pour my own coffee rather than wait for their slow service. But I am not really upset about that, it's not that important to me. I enjoyed the rest of the breakfast which is better than most other Courtyard Marriott's that I have used recently.

I like the free parking that came with my room in the covered garage.

Have stayed here before and will stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 June 2013

If you want a good sleep do not get room 430 as the air-conditioning unit is just out side the window and the fans go all night and the noise is unbearable and that was with the windows and doors closed otherwise the hotel is situated close to the baseball stadium and many other spots like somewhere to eat also they make the best omelettes

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 June 2013 via mobile

When staying at a Marriott property my expectation is that I pay my room bill and am treated like I am at home. At this property you get to pay your bill and if you need anything else plan to pay top dollar for low quality.

Want to park yourself so you do not have to pay? No problem but the bottom levels of the parking garage are reserved for other hotels, valet and public parking. Bring a bottle of water, it is a long walk!

Want water or soda? Sure but plan on $4 a bottle. There is free coffee in the morning, but that is the only complimentary item in the place.

Want breakfast? Sure they charge $15.00 for a buffet that lower rated hotels offer for free.

And, OMG the cost of the Sundries in the lobby os about a 500% mark up!! Give me a break.

This hotel makes its money on sports fans and now tornado victims. Return business travelers do not seem to be the priority.

The room was reasonably clean, but the window air conditioner sounded like a train all night.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 7 April 2013

We have stayed here several times for concerts, thunder games and during my husbands many trips to the V A hospital. The kids and I feel safe here traveling alone, the rooms are clean and room service food is well above average. The best part is the location and the staff is excellent.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 April 2013

Don't stay at this hotel on the weekend, unless you are attending a sports event or concert at the Chesapeake Energy Arena next door. They pimp out their parking garage to the public during these events and even with a handicap placard, we had to park on the roof, in a spot that was least convenient to the elevator. Unless you purchase valet parking, you are not allowed to park on the first level, or a large portion of the second level, even though you are a guest of the hotel.

The staff is very nice and friendly and the room was clean, but there was no fridge.

The breakfast buffet is overpriced ($30 for 2 people) and unappealing - essentially what you get for free at a less upscale hotel.

If you have Marriott rewards points and are going to be in OKC, there is a Marriott Residence Inn down the street - more bang for your buck and you don't have to play second fiddle to OK Thunder fans.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 March 2013

Our room at the courtyard was very nice. We were in a king room on the top floor. Checking in was pleasant. The staff member that checked us in gave us options about our room location such as, preference of views and floor level. We were pleased with our room. They have valet parking available for $20 per day, which we did use.

Don't eat breakfast at the hotel! It was the worst breakfast we've ever had in a hotel. I don't know how they could possibly make simple breakfast food so awful. The eggs look like a sponge, the potatoes were little squares of soaked up oil, and the gravy was the worst canned gravy ever. Even worse after leaving pretty much all my food on the plate, the check arrived, breakfast buffet for two people was $30. We paid $30 for garbage. Later in the day others that stayed at the hotel said to us, "I hope you didn't eat breakfast here".

If we hadn't eaten breakfast here I would have given them a better overall rating.

Room Tip: This is a busy area the higher floor you can get on the less traffic noise.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple