“Great Experience Great Staff!”

Courtyard Oklahoma City Downtown
Ranked #40 of 147 Hotels in Oklahoma City
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Great Experience Great Staff!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013

Great Hotel. Best location downtown! Between the Chesapeake Arena and Bricktown. Great Staff! Jenner and Ina in the bar were very fun. The front desk was very friendly and helpful. Will stay here every time I'm in downtown OKC

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Missouri
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

This is the third time I have stayed at this property and each time I have experienced long delays at check-in even though there were only a few people checking in at the same time. They seem understaffed. Also, we were on the concierge floor and suppose to have the breakfast but when we went there it was locked. We went down to the lobby and found out it was being served in the restaurant. When we walked in at 7am, there weren't a lot of people, but almost every table was filled with dirty dishes. They struggled to find us a clean table. I only saw one wait staff during that meal. Meal was okay, but again the service was weak.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Humble, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2013

The location was OK, Staff OK, beds were not comfortable, pool had so much chlorine it took our breath away and stung our eyes. Horrible WIFI but my biggest complaint was the room was not clean. Even after house keeping came. Blood stained bedding, dirty glasses left in room, walls were dirty, mold growing in bathroom. For a higher end hotel it needs some work.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
southern California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2013

Hotel is on the edge of Bricktown. We chose it to avoid the crowds at the baseball stadium. Easy to walk to restaurants in Bricktown. Hotel is very comfortable, clean, with good service. We stayed on the Arena side when the Arena was dark. If something's happening at the Arena, it might be noisy. Breakfast is expensive, about $13/person. If you come to Oklahoma City as a tourist (yes, we did!), this is the best area to stay. Safe area, great for walking around. Then you drive to the Memorial or State Capitol or Osteology Museum.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Oklahoma
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2013

When we are visiting the Bricktown area of OKC, this is our preferred hotel. The hotel is actually just on the edge of Bricktown, but is next door to the Chesapeake Arena. Perfect location! We had the opportunity to stay there again this past weekend. After an evening out, we stopped by the hotel bar for a night cap. I wanted a little snack with my glass of wine. The kitchen was closed but they made me a cheese and cracker plate! How delightful. Later when we had gone to our room, my husband traversed the hotel looking for an ice machine with ice. He went back down to the lobby to complain and came back up with a bucket of ice and a complimentary bottle of water. Great service. But my very favorite thing about this hotel is the free limo service! We love to take the limo when we go out to dinner in Bricktown. We don't have to drive, mess with parking and worry about coming back after having some adult beverages with our meal. LOVE IT!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kambrie
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2013

It is a nice hotel. The location and proximity to Bricktown, the Arena and the convention center and downtown are why people stay there. The rooms were clean, the beds very comfortable and everything you would expect even from a hotel half the price.

Where things fell apart would be traceable to management. Issues started with check-in. We arrive late, tired, ready to just go to bed and the desk staff has some confusion with the prepayment. We booked the room last minute through Marriott's website and took the $20 discount for prepaying. The desk manager was insistent we had booked through Expedia, Expedia was always a problem and kept saying you understand when you book through Expedia you don't get points. First we didn't book through Expedia, second we are tired, third we are paying $200 bucks per night overpriced hotel and the last thing we need is lip. Even when we said we booked through Marriott's website she argued that no, it was through Expedia. This just points to poorly trained and managed staff. Even if we had of booked through Expedia I don't want to hear how they don't like it. I expect better when paying $200 per night for a hotel room in Oklahoma City. A month previous I had stayed at the Renaissance in OKC a couple blocks away. had a mix up of some type on checking in with my reservation and the desk staff was very professional, assured me they could figure it out and whatever she did she just 'made it work'. That is all I ask. We have our reservation, confirmation, mix ups happen - figure it out quickly and quietly. I will also add, Club Level at the Renaissance was less expensive, included breakfast and was adequately staffed for bell, valet and restaurant.

The room had decaf coffee and no regular coffee. $200 bucks per night I would think they could at least restock the coffee bar. The bathroom was clean/spotless but the tub spigot had been pulled out of the wall, the tile was cracked on the back wall and the tub itself had damage to the finish. It had damage and markings like someone had probably had a keg in the tub.

The restaurant which was expectedly overpriced was understaffed. I felt sorry for the waitress as there were some guests that were verbally taking it out on her. It was not her problem. It was a staffing and management problem.

I would stay there again because of the location and availability but I would try to book others like the Colcord on the upper end of the budget or even the Fairfield first or Hampton for convenience. If I have another choice in the downtown / Bricktown area I would take it but if its all that is available I would stay there again because it was clean and comfortable. It could have easily be a much better experience and the sad part is it shouldn't have to be that way.

Room Tip: Don't book in through Expedia because they seem to have a real problem with that.