“Fantastic Bahn Mi”

Cuisines: Vietnamese
Description: Great vietnamese sandwich shop
Description: Great vietnamese sandwich shop
Reviewed 18 March 2013

I actually discovered this restaurant reading Trip Advisor before a weekend trip to OKC. It was fantastic. However I would recommend the chicken sandwich over the pork. The pork was so-so. And of course I have to mention how cheap it is. You can't even get fast food that cheap. We got 2 sandwiches, 2 sodas, and an order of spring rolls for $8!

Reviewed 2 October 2012

Stopped at the old Milk Bottle Building to finally try the food at Saigon Baquette.
I. loved. it.
The sandwiches are extremely inexpensive - two sandwiches were $5 -, large and very tasty. The vegetables and the sliced jalapenos are a great accompaniment to the meat. And the meat itself was very tasty as well as was the BBQ sauce. (We both had the BBQ Pork)
But the bread is the best surprise. Finally, a sandwich shop in OKC with great - not good, great - bread. It complemented the fillings perfectly and heightened the entire experience.
While some might complain the meat is a little sparse, I thought it was just the right amount and more than enough for the price. If you absolutely MUST have more meat, buy two (they're cheap!) and put the fillings from both into one loaf. It will still cost less than pretty much all fast food and many local joints.
If I have to voice one complaint about the shop it's trying to figure out where to park. There is no parking close except across the street in the Chinese market's lot, and I was reluctant to take up their spaces to go to a different shop. There is room around this little pie-wedge (or would that be "flat Iron") shaped building for about three vehicles to park, and all of the spaces were taken. So we drove around for a few minutes until one of the spots opened. Don't let the parking stop you, though. The food is highly recommended and the ladies that run the shop are friendly and prompt.
My next trip - and there will be more - I intend to try the egg/spring rolls. I expect they will be as good as the sandwiches.
Note: I rated the atmosphere "excellent", because It reminds me of one of many little delis crammed into a small spot on the ground floor of any number of buildings in NYC. No glitz, just function. I loved it! :)

Reviewed 1 August 2012

Best Vietnamese sandwiches and fried egg rolls in OKC. The sandwiches use crusty bread, fresh and savory ingredients, and at $2-3 a piece are the BEST lunch value in OKC bar none! The egg rolls use scrumptious Vietnamese sausage and are perhaps the best we have had anywhere (in the US). At 75c an egg roll, this is also an unbeatable value. Lastly, the ladies running the place are pleasant and the cute little building with the milk bottle on top makes this one of OKC's most adorable landmark treasures. A must-visit place for anyone coming to OKC!

1  Thank mingfatsai
Reviewed 30 July 2012

Wrong name, but same place.

This place is an absolute staple of Oklahoma City's Asian District.

Best Banh Mi sandwiches in town and ridiculously inexpensive. Very authentic Franco-Vietnamese cuisine.

Look for the "big milk bottle" on top of this awkwardly positioned venue.

Totally worth it!!!