“Great stay only one complaint”

Holiday Inn Express Oklahoma City North
Ranked #38 of 152 Hotels in Oklahoma City
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

We booked a family suite and the stay was wonderful my only complaint was the small queen bed in the parents room. If there were a king bed in there that would have topped the cake for this stay. You will be surrounded by truck stops but it's still quiet. The breakfast was good. The room was clean. Our family of 6 always had enough towels. The indoor pool was very nice not too cold. Staff was very nice and helpful. The manager was even seen very early every morning greeting the guests at breakfast and making sure their stay was a wonderful one.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
bremerjohn, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Oklahoma City North, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2014

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing - your comments are important to us. We appreciate your comments regarding the Two Room Family Suite. We hope that you will return and visit with us again.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

My family and I stayed at the hotel for 2 days during memorial day. When we arrived with our Family of 6; the kids were tired and ready for a bath but guess who only had towels for 2 people...we did. There was no handsoap in the bathroom not even the little bars that they typically leave.
My hubby went downstairs to get towels etc as he didnt want to wait for the housekeeping staff. That was ok, I wasn't upset but then the next day when we were getting our rooms cleaned, I advised the housekeeper that my son (6mo) pooped and it go on the linen (small amount) so I would like the sheet changed; she proceeded to fix the bed with the same linen from the night before...I thought she may not have heard me so I asked again. She begin to speak spanish to one of the other housekeepers and told her she didn't want to touch the nasty sheets. So I responded to her in spanish and advised her that I can remove the blanket and wrap it up I just need her to put new linen on.

She was shocked that I understood her and hurried to get it off

It is your job to change the linen on request; I can understand not wanting to touch it...use gloves. Not to mention that she was just going to ignore what I said and make the bed with Dirty linen.

Needless to say this pissed me off and I would definitely think twice about staying here again.

The hotel is nice...but the housekeeping staff are lazy and would rather cover a bed then provide clean linen. The only reason this hotels get an average rating from me is because it is very nice and new but it could have received an excellent if the housekeeping wasn't so crappy.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
bremerjohn, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Oklahoma City North, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Thank you for responding and making me aware of your experience and that is certainly not how we deal with situations that you spoke of. I apologize for the lack of supplies in your room and how housekeeping responded to your specific needs. I will certainly address this with our Executive Housekeeper and utilize this situation for coaching employees of our housekeeping department,

Reviewed 9 June 2014

This Holiday Inn seemed really fresh and new. The desk attendant said it was about one year old. Everything was clean, the staff was kind and friendly, and there was a Cracker Barrel and a couple other places to eat nearby. We decided to stay just north of the city, and go through the city the following Sunday morning to avoid traffic. It was easy to get in and out of so we could quickly resume our trip. My only digs on Holiday Inns are the terrible coffee they serve, walls are a little thin, and the toilet paper is kind of rough. You get what you pay for.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
bremerjohn, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Oklahoma City North, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

We look forward to your return to the area - we appreciate your generous words.

Holiday Inn Express & Suites, OKC, Ok

Reviewed 4 June 2014

We were travelling south on I-35 and decided to stop in OKC. We checked the website but they had no king rooms left so we ended up in a two queen suite.

We arrived around midnight, we had to wait a while to check in as someone else was also on a late one. The reception and breakfast area is nice and clean and really nicely decorated.

Our room was on the second floor- when the lift doors opened we were met with a terriible smell of sewage or something equally disgusting. Luckily when we opened our room it smelt fresh and clean but not of chemical cleaners or that stuffy smell you sometimes get in hotels etc.

The room was very spacious with a settee and also a small tall table and chairs to perch on, as well as a desk and large flat screen TV. The bathroom was average size but also nicely decorated. The only minor issue was that the shower head was really high. I am 5 ft 6 and I had to stand on tip toes with arm outstretched to move it - I suppose that stops tall people having to duck though!

Car parking is a bit tight if you arrive late - the usual problem of people parking their trailers across 8 spaces!

Will definately stay here again - really easy access back onto the I-35 (we couldnt here the traffic in the night either)

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
bremerjohn, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Oklahoma City North, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Thank you for staying with us and we appreciate your comments, as they allow us to correct these concerns of yours as well as others. Please let us know if there is anthing else we can do/

Reviewed 21 May 2014

Nice and new hotel with lovely appointments and amenities. Worth a stay if you are headed to Oklahoma City and want to be close to the Turnpike and I-35. I was impressed by the quality of the hotel and will return.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 April 2014

A very modern Holiday Inn Express. Rooms are spacious. Very comfortable beds. Nice and very clean bathroom. Fast WiFi. Great service at check-in/check-out. Good breakfast. There is nothing more to ask for!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank wardpa
bremerjohn, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Oklahoma City North, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

We appreciate you staying with us at the HI Express & Suites North, in OKC - we certainly appreciate you kind words about the rooms and breakfast. We look forward to you staying with us again.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

Stayed with the family before a day at the zoo. There was a mix up with our reservation, but the manager was so nice and fixed everything!
The kids enjoyed the pool. The room was very spacious and very clean. The breakfast was great.
We will definately stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank SoonerMom3
bremerjohn, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Oklahoma City North, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

Thank you for your kind comments - we hope you enjoyed the Zoo here in OKC, such a wonderful exhibit, minutes away. We look forward to your return to the Oklahoma City area -

John Bremer, General Manager