“Great property and location”

Aloft Oklahoma City Downtown Bricktown
Ranked #37 of 154 Hotels in Oklahoma City
Reviewed 5 July 2014

I stayed here over July 4th weekend with my family.Both Sara and Melik were extremely helpful at check in after a long drive which is always very appreciated. The property is located in walking distance to a lot of things to do which is exactly what we were looking for. The saltwater pool is small but nice and clean. The whole property is really clean as it was opened in April 2014 so if you are looking for an immaculate/new hotel is this for you. I will say there is a bit of a party vibe on the weekend with a DJ and band on the 6th and 1st floor respectively. It was a little louder than I would have liked trying to get a 2 yr old to sleep. Also the food is really good here but no room service.

Room Tip: Middle floors would be the quietest...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Ageorgin2896
Aloft_OKC, General Manager at Aloft Oklahoma City Downtown Bricktown, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Ageorgin2896:

Thank you for the amazing comments regarding the talent at the front desk, I will be sure to pass along your compliments to the two of them.

Restaurants, specialty shopping, entertainment within walking distance…and the fact that we have good food too…this is what makes our location special.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

we had a wonderful stay here last night. check in went smooth once our room was ready. the downstairs bar was very upbeat and good drinks. we stayed in a suite and it was amazing and huge. the bar on the 6th floor overlooking the city had wonderful views. i want to give a special thanks to brent the manager for taking great care of us on our 5th anniversary (thanks a million brent). my only complaint is the slowwwww elevators. we were always waiting for 3-6 minutes every time with multiple people waiting as well.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

medicn8:

Thank you for the great comment about the Savvy Suite, wxyz bar and Terrace city views.

I also appreciate your comments about the lifts (elevators), we are working with our vendor to alleviate this issue.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

Great location and really cool hotel. Ultra modern lobby area and very friendly desk staff. My room was very comfortable with great views of downtown OKC. Nice, roomy walk-in shower, but no tub. I like to relax in the tub on occasion when I'm traveling so I did miss that. The wifi worked great so did manage to keep up on some of my work - this was a business trip so that was helpful.

I really liked the window shades except for one thing. They should pull up from the bottom so that a guest can enjoy the view without BEING the view. Right now they open from the bottom so once the shade is opened the room is completely visitors to anyone below. Seems like a simple fix to me. It would also allow some light in the room without having to raise the shade completely.

Be sure and catch a ride on the canal boat.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Aloft_OKC, General Manager at Aloft Oklahoma City Downtown Bricktown, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Dear rpainter12:

I am glad to hear you enjoyed your overall experience while at the hotel; the rooms are amazing and the overall concept very contemporary.

Interesting idea with the shades; I will have to inquire with Starwood to see their ideas on this. Regardless of the outcome, I appreciate your feedback, it helps us improve the overall experience.

Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

Aloft is always a great place to stay and this one is no exception. The location is perfect with so many things to do in Bricktown. We love it here and I highly recommend it... Especially for a date /getaway...

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear NWA_RHightower:

Thank you for the great comments about our facilities and the proximity to all of the excitement in Bricktown.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

I'll go step by step:

Valet was absolutely excellent and friendly.

At check in I was accused of making the wrong reservation.
After that uncomfortable exchange I realized I forgot to give my keys to the valet and wanted to make sure my car could be moved.

It was at this time that I literally ran through the front door. It hurt like hell but we were told it happens all the time.

I wasn't offered any help by the staff.

We put our things in our room and went to the restaurant. It took several minutes to get served. We got our drinks quickly and all though the place was almost empty it took almost half an hour to get an appetizer.

The food was pretty good. However, we finished everything and didn't see a server for 20 minutes. We wanted to eat and drink more but it was too frustrating so we left.

Again valet was awesone.

We went to a show and came back to have a late light snack.

We sat at a large table in the 2nd floor of the bar area and waited for 20 minutes.

Finally a couple spots opened at the bar and we sat down at 11:48. I recall the time exactly because it was at this time that we ordered food(after we waited 20 minutes for service) and we were told that they only serve food until midnight. I looked my watch as the bar tender informed me that all the cooks already left.

So that's day one.

I'll update after our stay is over.

So far I would avoid staying here.

• Stayed: June 2014
3  Thank ThescoTJ
Aloft_OKC, General Manager at Aloft Oklahoma City Downtown Bricktown, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Thesco Tj:

First I would like to apologize for any inconvenience you experienced during your stay. I consider all forms of feedback a gift which enables us to improve our facilities and service.

I would like the opportunity to speak with you to see how we can improve your experience, I can best be reached on my cell phone at 602-705-1245.

I look forward to your call.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Really nice funky hotel, room was big, very clean and modern. Had everything you needed. We were on a road trip and only stopped over for one night but we were able to use the laundry room and then iron in our room. Great comfy bed. Location was great, we walked to Bricktown and then and then later we walked to the memorial ground and through business district part of town. Only downside was cleaner woke us at 8am to do room, we said no then she knocked again at 9am! Drove to Stockyard City and Cowboy museum both well worth the trip.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Citygogetter:

Yes we are funky…glad to hear your stay was fulfilling.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

My wife and I recently stayed for several nights in OKC. Our hotel was the brand new Aloft in Bricktown. What a nice place. I've stayed at Alofts in many locations and this one is by far the best. Most Aloft menus are pretty much just bar food. This is the exception. The food was gastro pub like and very good. We arrived on a Thunder playoff night and every restaurant was packed. As guests of the hotel the bar/restaurant staff quickly found us a table and we had a very good meal. The rooms were in perfect condition and the location is ideal for any stay in OKC. I highly recommend this hotel.

The only reason this is 4 stars and not 5 was that during our stay the only parking option was valet. Not sure if this is all the time but there is an empty garage as part of the hotel. Not sure why self parking isn't allowed.

Room Tip: We stayed in a suite with a balcony. exceptionally large and comfortable.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Moor_J_ n_VA:

We appreciate your business and I am pleased to hear we exceeded your expectations.