“Great location”

Ranked #30 of 150 Hotels in Oklahoma City
cu-later67
“Great location”
Reviewed 22 August 2014 via mobile

Nice to be close to Bricktown with all it's nice restaurants.. Within walking distance of Cox center and the OKC Thunder arena. Rooms are comfortable. Very trendy hotel. Staff is most helpful and friendly. Check-in was a bit slow but not a big factor. Pool area is nice but needs an attendant for food and drink. Will stay again and bring friends very reasonably priced.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Aloft_OKC, General Manager at Aloft Oklahoma City Downtown Bricktown, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Dear cu-later67:

I’m glad to hear you enjoyed Bricktown, we gave many restaurants and bars within walking distance including the Cox Center.

We appreciate your business.

Aloft Oklahoma City Downtown-Bricktown

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Korean first
Oklahoma
Reviewed 22 August 2014

Beds were extremely comfortable. Staff was friendly and service was great. Didn't like that we had to valet park or park on street. The breakfast area was a bit confusing but the staff was helpful. Enjoyed our stay for the night.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Dear Stephanie918801:

Comfortable beds, friendly staff and great service…awesome!

Your comments regarding the breakfast area are appreciated as we continue to understand our guest’s needs and make changes where we can. I will have our Guest Experience Committee focus some time in this area over the next few weeks to see what changes could take place to make things less complicated.

Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed 19 August 2014

We had problems galore here: were told we would have a room with a tub only to learn non of their rooms had tubs (it's too bad their staff didn't know this - as I called before booking to confirm). The restaurant food was good, but service was horrendous all 3 times I went there. The hotel and restaurant are seemingly run by 17 year olds.

There is no air conditioning in the hallways - just in the rooms. Felt very "low budget." I wanted to stay at a Starwood property and this was my only option in OKC. I won't be staying here again (though truthfully I don't expect to be in OKC again either).

The good news: within walking distance to some restaurants and venues.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Dear TrishB31:

I see you stayed with us a few weeks after we opened (your stay was in May). I apologize for a member of the team not communicating that we have stand up showers in the guestrooms; our suites have Jacuzzi tubs.

I agree with you assessment that service was slow in the w xyz bar and restaurant. We made some personnel changes and things are much smoother now.

For clarification, there are four Starwood properties in Oklahoma City.

Safe travels to you and your family.

Houston, Texas
Reviewed 13 August 2014

I'm a regular business traveler who looks for hotels with quiet rooms, easy access to food, stand-up showers, cold air conditioning and excellent service.
My ratings:
* - left and found another place to stay
** - stayed, but won't come back
*** - would stay again if I had to
**** - Good hotel, will stay again
***** - Hotel of choice for the area

Nice hotel in a great part of town. Stayed here for one night while paying a quick visit to a potential client. Hotel seems pretty new. Pretty standard Aloft fair. Great lobby, this one has a restaurant which I didn't try. The hotel is well situated in Bricktown, so there's close walks to dinner and drink spots.

The valet service is reasonably priced, and the "text us for your car" feature was pretty cool.

The rooms were quiet and the beds comfortable. I spend more time in a "Heavenly Bed" than I do in my own, so perhaps I've gotten used to it.

The two cons:
Elevators are slow

When I checked in the front desk clerk asserted twice that I had a lower status than I actually have. This may seem petty, but it's important to me to be recognized when I'm in the top tier. Things like setting my checkout time are big plusses for me.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank bearpster
Aloft_OKC, General Manager at Aloft Oklahoma City Downtown Bricktown, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Dear bearpster:

Your comments regarding your check-in process and missed opportunity of recognizing your SPG status are appreciated as we continue to address areas of additional training. It is in our culture to recognize all SPG guests.

My goal is for us to become your hotel of choice for the area. Please let me know when you will be visiting again so we can ensure this happens. I can best be reached at 405-443-2622.

Thank you for your business.

Amarillo, Texas
Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed here with the hubs while in town for a James Taylor concert. The hotel is conveniently located near Bricktown and all of the eateries and bars. The hotel was clean and the bed comfy. We had a few overly excited teens in a room close to ours, but to be expected in a weekend. Will stay again on our next trip.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SophiethePom
Dear Sophiethe Pom:

Thank you for the great comments about our cleanliness and the comfy beds. I am also happy to hear you partook in the local attractions, i.e. Bricktown.

Thank you for your business and safe travels.

Austin, Texas
Reviewed 8 August 2014

We stayed here during a road trip because we had stayed at other Aloft hotels and found them nice enough. This one was by far the nicest Aloft I've stayed in. Because we had a pet with us, we upgraded to a suite and it was well worth it. It was certainly the largest hotel room I've ever stayed in (perfect for the cat). Not a ton of decor, but what it had was nice, and it even came with some board games. It had a huge bathroom with a great bathtub. The view was of the Capitol (way in the distance, but still a nice perk). The area was pretty fun as well, with plenty of restaurants close by. Overall, this was a great value and a really solid hotel. I will almost certainly stay here again when I am next in OKC.

Room Tip: Suites are HUGE and well worth it if you need extra space.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Charles S:

I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. Our suites are one of a kind with lots of area to move around to say the least, a Jacuzzi bathtub and stand up glass shower and the views are amazing.

Thank you for your business, it is most appreciated.

Salina, Kansas, United States
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We stayed here one night for my friends birthday and it was very nice! The hotel smelled very nice when we walked in and had a nice little pool off of the lobby. The WXYZ bar was hopping by the time we left to go out so if you were looking to stay close to home, that seemed like a good option. We did have leftover gum on the headboard but the cleaning crew came in and took care of it for us. Other than that, we had a great stay. Oh and the beds were so comfortable! I don't think I moved at all!

• Stayed August 2014
Dear Abby H:

Birthday celebrations are so much fun, I am glad you and your friends chose to have it with us. Comfortable beds and a hopping wxyz bar…what more could you ask for.

Thank you for the additional comment regarding the gum, as we will be retraining some of our talent (associates) in detail observation.