“The best sandwiches” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #19 of 1,627 Restaurants in Oklahoma City
Price range: US$8 - US$15
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Cheap Eats, Bar Scene, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: OKC's Tastiest Hangout! The Mule is a mix of 2 wonderful things.. Quality drinks, and gourmet grilled cheese sandwiches! We LOVE OKC!!
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“The best sandwiches”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

My husband and I frequent the mule. It's always a delight, but the weekends can get very busy. Very much a bar type atmosphere. We enjoy mixing up what we get when we go, but a favorite is the H.A.M and the macaroni pony. The roasted beet salad is excellent too. Bartenders and wait staff are always on point.

“So Good.....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

My siblings and I love to travel and we love to eat! So we always use Trip Advisor to let us know where we need to go. In Oklahoma City, we chose The Mule. Not really knowing what they had to offer, we jumped right in and decided to try it anyway.

It was a pretty busy lunch time, so we gave them our number and they sent us a text when the table was ready. Nice! Love that!

The menu choices were interesting and we tried several options. For starters, we ordered the deep fried cheese curds....and OMG they were the bomb!!!! Sandwiches were the name of the game and The Macaroni Pony was definately a hit! Jalapeño Cornbread, Chipotle BBQ Pulled Pork, 3 Cheese Mac and Cheese, and pickles. DELIGHTFUL!!

My sister tried the Croque Madame. It's a sandwich on Sourdough, with Black Forest
Ham, Gruyere, Dijon Mustard, House Gravy, and a Fried Egg. She said it was Delicious!

I guess I am a little boring so I ordered the Turkey Vienna on Wheat, with Shaved Turkey Breast, Gruyere, Sharp Cheddar, Lettuce, Tomato, Avocado, and a Spicy Aioli. Again....It was also Delicious!!!

I have a feeling EVERYTHING on their menu is just as good or better.

The service at the bar and at the table was AWESOME!

• Visited July 2014
Owasso
“Dinner here with friends”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

I ate here recently with friends. The place was hard to find. Its in "The Plaza" a revitalized area in OKC. Its on the edge of a revitalization efforts and the area directly around are questionable after dark. Parking is almost nonexistent and we had two walk two blocks to the restaurant, not fun after dark.

After a short wait, we got a table. The music was blaring and it was impossible to hold a conversation, even with the people sitting next to you. It was horrible.

We ordered. The service was excellent. We didn't have to wait for anything. I ordered the BCLT with onion rings. The food was delicious and I did enjoy it. Just beware, though good, the french fries and rings are very greasy. You can almost see the grease on them.

The decor of the place struck me as "bar" that happens to serve food. It doesn't strike me as a restaurant. I really think they are trying to be similar to another grilled cheese restaurant I went to recently, without copying them exactly and it falls a little short of the original.

• Visited July 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Washington State
“Not Enough Wow”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

The service was good. But, the food was average. Nothing really stood out as being especially fantastic. The Macaroni Pony sandwich didn't have much flavor. The iced tea was good and you get to keep the cup, which is cool. The atmosphere was fun and relaxed.

1 Thank RedDogLeader
Hermosa Beach, California
“The cheese curds were nice, caprese sandie just ok”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

First trip to The Mule was for a late lunch. Had heard about this place for awhile but never made it in. Parking is adequate. Decor is "industrial" style e.g. drafting chairs for bar stools. Surface was friendly and food was received promptly. We ordered the beet salad, cheese curds and caprese sandie. The cheese curds were the best! Batter was light, almost tempura like, and the cheese was hot and soft. The sandwich was good, just expecting more cheese to be on it. For a place that promotes itself as a place that specializes in 'grilled cheese sandwiches' was expecting a lot more cheese to be on the sandie and for the cheese to be oozing like lava from a volcano, more melty and more of it. It is for this reason I am giving it 3 stars. I dunno-based on all of the stellar reviews for this place maybe I ordered the wrong sandie? Will maybe give em another shot if I'm in the area.

• Visited April 2014