“Lovely and great ambience”

Trapper's Fish Camp
Ranked #22 of 1,822 Restaurants in Oklahoma City
Price range: US$0 - US$30
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Trappers offers a truly unique backwoods fishing lodge atmosphere. It is located in the Reno/Meridian Hotel-Airport corridor, near the Fairgrounds. Trappers has been the "Horsemen's and Horsewomen's Headquarters" for over a decade. A 12 ft. Tall Kodiak bear greets customers as they enter the dining room filled with game trophies, authentic Indian canoes, and a live alligator tank. Favorites, along with signature mesquite grilled seafood dishes, are the blackened prime rib, mesquite grilled steaks, quail, and prime pork chops.
Reviewed 27 June 2018

Dont have a bad word to say about it. Lovely food, attentive staff, great ambience and interesting décor. Would defoo go here again if I was in the area.

FunFresh5641, Owner at Trapper's Fish Camp, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2018

Thank you! We are so glad to hear it! :)

Reviewed 27 June 2018

This is a Cajun/Louisiana style restaurant with folksy decor. They have a pretty extensive menu that includes great seafood choices, prime rib and even pasta, but the specialties are definitely their Cajun dishes.
The portion sizes are generous and quite a few diners departed with leftovers. Prices are a bit on the higher side, although that may just be OK City pricing, I’m not sure.
As for quality, the food my wife and I ordered was very good and what stood out the most to me were the sauces/salad dressings and the salad itself. The deep fried onions in the salad along with what I believe was house made salad dressing was excellent. The black cherry mustard sauce with crawdad tails was inspirational and the Cajun cream sauce and hollandaise (on the broccoli) was superb.
We will definitely come back if we find ourselves in OK City in the future.

FunFresh5641, Owner at Trapper's Fish Camp, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2018

SWEET! Thanks a bunch! :)

Reviewed 16 June 2018

This resteraunt has a hunting lodge type of feel with a large standing mounted bear greeting you at the entrance. One of the starter options was alligator and we chose this dish with ½ blackened and ½ fried and it was excellent. It is served on rice and onion strings and I would highly recommend the dish. My husband ordered the tilapia and my daughter order the fried catfish and they both enjoyed their meals; however, I ordered the mahi mahi and was VERY disappointed. It was a very large, thick slice of fish and was extremely tough. The seasonings that were used were tasty but I couldn’t get past the chewiness of it. I took a few bites and then decided I wasn’t going to continue. Unfortunately, when the waiter asked if our meals were ok I explained that mine was not good and he asked if I wanted a box to take it home!! I explained again that it was not good and was tough and that time he did offer to bring me something else but I politely declined. I was surprised that our ticket was not adjusted but we didn’t push the issue since the rest of our meals were good.

We are sorry to hear about your Mahi Mahi. Please feel free to contact us at funfresh@swbell.net as we would love to get this resolved for you. Thanks so much for taking the time to write this review and we hope to hear from you soon. Thanks again and hope you have a good day!

Reviewed 16 June 2018 via mobile

This really was a fun place to eat and relax. The outside of the restaurant is rustic, like a log cabin. A greeter opens the door and welcomes you over to the hostess. We were seated immediately even though the parking lot was packed. The decor is rustic too with animal heads and skull everywhere. Our server, Amber, took our drink order and quickly returned to take our food order. I had the crawfish appetizer and some fried okra which were very nicely presented and well prepared. Great meal for me. A look at the alligator in the tank and off we went.

Thank you so much for this awesome review! We greatly appreciate you dining with us and hope you come back and see us! Thanks again!

Reviewed 12 June 2018 via mobile

My husband and I visited this wonderful restaurant and had an exceptional meal! We try to eat here whenever we're in the City. They did not disappoint. Our appetizer of fried and blackened gator with dirty rice was almost to die for. My quail was cooked perfectly as was my husband's prime rib! Our waiter went out of his way to make our experience meaningful! We'll be back!

FunFresh5641, Owner at Trapper's Fish Camp, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2018

We are so glad that you did! Thanks for the awesome review and hope to see you on your next trip back to OKC!