“Will Not Go Back”

Good for: Groups
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 30th
Description: Enjoy tastes from an extensive menu of Chinese cuisine in warm and quietly elegant surroundings. Conveniently located in the heart of Oklahoma City, Grand House Asian Bistro offers lunch and dinner selections and a full bar, including an extensive Martini list. Grand House is also the only restaurant in Oklahoma City to offer traditional dim sum on weekends. Dim Sum is a family-style meal where the diner selects several small plates to sample until they have created a meal. At Grand House, food choices are brought on trays to the various tables, including pot stickers, dumplings, roast duck and much more. Grand House also now offers sushi. The restaurant has a large sushi list including many traditional favorites and new specialties.
Edmond, OK
“Will Not Go Back”
Reviewed 17 May 2014

My wife suggested a Dim Sum lunch for my son's birthday in January, 2014. We had been once before and did not like it much. But, since then, I had heard others rave over it, so I decide to give it another chance. Since I do not like seafood, I did not have any. The food that I did have was such that I preferred to stop eating their food and finish eating lunch at home by having a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank cavalmi

Edmond, Oklahoma
“Dim Sum on the weekend”
Reviewed 28 April 2014

This was our first experience eating here. We met another couple who had been there many times. It was very enjoyable, and everything we selected was good. Food is brought to your table, and you select from those offerings. It was busy, but we had great service. We will be back.

• Visited April 2014
“Shockingly poor”
Reviewed 12 January 2014 via mobile

The food was very bland and very poor, they walk around with appetisers and by the time they get from one side of the restaurant to the other the food is cold, I ordered the happy family and it was really bad, the food was look warm, I would never recommend this place to anyone! 1 out of 5 is a compliment!

1 Thank Stewartybhoy
Edmond
“This is one of the best restaurants in the world”
Reviewed 29 December 2013 via mobile

This food is excellent fresh fish
They have it and it's excellent. If you know what to order that you like they have it and it's wonderful. I like their clams and blackbean sauce and their ribs are wonderful

Visited December 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
“Good food, but terrible service”
Reviewed 28 July 2013

Let me first say that the food was great. We had different sets of sushi and a curry entree. Even though we couldn't enjoy specials (it was a weekend), the prices were still very reasonable.

On the service... our server brought a part of our order and disappeared. No napkins, no chopsticks, no nothing. After staring at our sushi order for a while we had to call some random servers who were passing by to bring us stuff. Nobody was refilling our water either.

Another thing, there were many servers passing by our table offering random dishes. There was some system in place that you can get a plate and then they put a stamp on your bill and then... you'll figure out how much was it at the cashier. And nobody could tell us how it works exactly and how much (even approximately) those plates cost. This was frustrating. I guess, the locals know the system but if it is your first time there, obviously, it'd be good if somebody explained the rules. It is also pretty annoying that somebody offers you a plate every 2 minutes.

Finally, our server appeared and we asked for the check only to see her disappear for forever. In the end, we just walked up to the hostess and paid our bill there.

All that said, again, the food is very good.

• Visited July 2013