“Haunted House”

Price range: US$25 - US$56
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 27 September 2012

Great service. Food is very good thou somewhat pricey. Been going there for years. Lots of history to this place. Somewhat hard to find but keep going and you'll eventually get there.

Reviewed 20 September 2012

we had a reservation. pulled up and no one was there. We called from the parking lot and were told that they had some sort of electrical issue. What ever!! They had our names and phone number but didn't bother to call and let us know! Like I said RUDE.

Reviewed 12 September 2012

Went there with a group for a birthday party. The history of the house gave it great appeal, and Ms. Thibault (sp) was a great added touch! We were the first group there, so we got to tour the house. Awesome! Had a good time scaring each other. The food was very good (get the chicken - it's the best!) but the prices seemed a bit steep. $6.00 for a salad - really? We had a room to ourselves and had a great time. Disappointed to find that they added automatic gratuity to our bar bill AND our food bill. We would have tipped more had they not done that. All in all it was a good experience but I would only go back for a special occasion - not somewhere I would go just for dinner.

2  Thank Melanie G
Reviewed 5 August 2012

This is where you want special for that special person and a little privacy and great food and service

Reviewed 31 July 2012

We lived in OKC in the 80s, and went several times to the Haunted House Restaurant. A bit difficult find, but it had a great "cozy" ambiance, consistently prepared food, and attentive service. On a recent business trip, I took a client there, and I was dismayed to see that nothing had been updated in the last 25 years. Same red vinyl seats on chunky wooden chairs, heavy faux crystal, plain dinner plates, and what appeared to be the identical carpet. (now with a slightly smoky smell from the years when smoking was allowed.) Also, I can’t be sure, but I think the menu is the same, except for the prices. My colleagues had the salmon (acceptable but not very thick), and I had the lamb chops, which were grilled nicely but pricey at $40. Service was attentive, but with only two tables occupied, I would have been surprised if it had been otherwise. It would have been nice if they had espresso or at least a better grade of coffee.
Unfortunately, the Haunted House is now beyond its prime. A massive remodel is sorely needed, and the menu, with only nine or ten items, needs updating and enhancement. The food needs to be served with more attention to presentation. The evening was completely ordinary. For three people, the $190 price tag (Meal, four glasses of wine, coffee, tip) seemed quite high.

The website says "By Reservation Only," but don't know if this policy is strictly followed.