“The staff had terrible attitudes.”

J. Bruner's at the Haunted House Restaurant
Price range: US$25 - US$56
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 27 June 2013

We made reservations 3 months in advance and on the night of our anniversary we arrived to a closed resturant. We then called the resturant who said "Yep, we're closed. You can come back tomorrow." When I asked why they didn't call the number they required to make the reservation, the employee said "Meh." I will never return to an establishment that treats thier customers with such apathy.

1  Thank Krrikk

Reviewed 19 June 2013

Ate here June 2013 with a large group. Food was very good, service was excellent. I had lamb chops which were grilled to order. Spooky one lane gravel road the last mile, I wouldn't go on a night when lots of rain was expected.

Reviewed 12 May 2013

Since it opened in 1964, the Haunted House has been a destination for special occassions and romantic fine dining. My parents enjoyed evenings at their romantic Haunted House. Today, we enjoy European fine dining where the entrees are equisite, the service is attentive and we enjoy dining without being rushed. The road to the Haunted House adds to the allure and romantic evening you'll fine as you turn the corner to an enchanted evening. My husband has taken me for years, as my parents reserved this fine restaurant for themselves!. Our out of state business associates and visiting family enjoy the same evenings guaranteed to deliver an experience by the beautiful, German hostess and owner, who knows fine dining.

Reviewed 18 March 2013

I was brought here for a first date! The staff was awesome! Food was really good, but the best part was the atmosphere. Candle lit dinner in a nice romantic setting. Although it was a bit pricy it was a very nice dinner. We enjoyed it.

Reviewed 20 February 2013

The Haunted House has been in business for 40+ years with the same proprietress. A murder took place here, followed a series of unfortunate events. The final drive to the restaurant can only be described as eerie. Wonderful food- old fashioned big fried shrimp, great steaks. The chicken breast with mushrooms and wild rice is the most tender I have ever had, and quite a generous portion. Full bar with signature Tumbleweed after-dinner drink. I think the price is relatively moderate for the quality of the food and superb friendly service. The atmosphere is a plus.