“Worst Customer Service Experience in a decade at the2620 West Memorial Road Oklahoma City location”
Review of Schlotzsky's

Schlotzsky's
Ranked #981 of 1,641 Restaurants in Oklahoma City
Cuisines: Fast food, Delicatessen
La Jolla, California
Reviewed 27 February 2012

Wow. I am a flight attendant who travels interationally. Thus I have seen some really good and really bad customer service and all points in between. As a customer service employee myself, I tend to give wide latitude to customer service workers because I understand the difficulties of customer service jobs. But this particular location was unbelievably bad in customer service. My colleage ordered a vegan version of a pizza to which was met with sarcastic laughter and disbelief by the cashier. The experience got worse as they were setting up for party of 30. Noise in setting up for a large party is understandable. But they made no effort to lift the chairs or tables, instead just dragging them for 20 plus minutes. It was obvious this was frustrating us and all the customers. Yet that seemed to incite them as they sarcastically mocked us in both english and spanish. Spanish thinking apparenty no one would understand. The rude cashier came and saw people were clearly distrubed and said all the tables and chairs had to be moved three inches and begn being even louder doing it mockingly telling her co workers to be quiet due to sensitive customers. The other customers asked her if she cared at all about disturbing any of our meals and ultimately her answer was no that she didn't care. One shift supervisor did try to weakly ask them to be more quiet as there were customers but they discounted his advice and laughed because the manager wasn't there. Finally my colleague and the other customers actually finished setting up the room for them to end the noise. I approached one of the employees and asked for manager and was told "there ain't one' I persisted and was passed for one rude employee to an equally sarcastic one until they finally got to a shift supervisor. He was sympathetic and apologetic but had no authorization to do anything. The manager had stepped out to make a bank deposit. Which is understandabe. No harm no foul to that other than having to wait 1/2 hour for a resolution. She was very polite, refunded our money and was apologetic. I believe she is a good manager with an awful staff that acted like children the moment she was away and that didn't believe we would wait for her return to discuss the issues with us. I contacted their corporate office and got an very quick response that was professional and receptive from regional manager. But this location is awful. I haven't ever seen virtually an entire staff go out of it's way to frustrate customers, or telling them that they don't care, or provoking them in this manner. A bad employee is understandable as that happens. This was essentially a staff that was determined to be rude and to disrespect it's customers and it's manager. I tend to leave positive reviews. This isn't one of them. It is the worst customer service experience I have had in 10 plus years.

• Visited February 2012
2 Thank lindsey b

Phoenix, Arizona
“Very Good”
Reviewed 17 January 2012

There are two Schlotzsky's Deli's in Okla. City. The one we ate at is across the street from the hospital/medical center. If you're looking for it here, you almost have to know where it is, as it sits back and the marquee sign by the road is not working. For other landmarks besides the hospital, it is near Panera Bread, Chipotle and Starbucks.

There is an impressive menu and the host was telling us how everything is made fresh. I ordered grilled chicken in a salad. It was large, loaded with chicken, fresh and delicious. My husband had a sandwich and soup combo and he enjoyed his dinner as well. The place was clean, large and there were tables outside as well. Reasonably priced. We had never heard of this chain before and we wish it was in our area. Very good!

• Visited December 2011
1 Thank SBluv2rvl
“Great sandwiches and really nice restaurant personnel”
Reviewed 13 March 2011

This restaurant is a great place for a sandwich and the workers are enthusiastic!